• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

RNC: Ric Grenell Torches ‘Unlimited Globalization’ that ‘Hollowed Out’ U.S.

chuckiechan

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
RNC: Ric Grenell Torches 'Unlimited Globalization' that 'Hollowed Out' U.S.

“No candidate [in the Republican presidential primary in 2015] could bring themselves to admit that something had gone badly wrong with American foreign policy. That the American voter, the American soldier, and the American taxpayer had all been let down,” Grenell said. “Except for one – Donald Trump.” Grenell went on to say:

After the end of the Cold War, Democrats and Republicans in Washington bought into the illusion that the whole world would start to resemble America. And so they started to pursue unlimited globalization. They welcomed China into the World Trade Organization … but they didn’t ground any of it in the interests of the average American.

Grenell added:

So for decades, while Washington politicians built a global system, American wages stagnated. Our great cities and industries were hollowed out. Entire communities were devasted, and our manufacturing plants were shipped off to China. That’s what happened when Washington stopped being the capital of the United States, and started being the capital of the world.

Tl;dr multinational companies gutted the American workforce like a fish with the cooperation of the US government and threw them under the bus, laughing all the way to the bank.

Remember back in the day when CEO’s and top management were bringing down obscene multi million dollar bonuses every quarter. They were doing it by cutting labor costs by getting out of the manufacturing business and closing factories in the USA?

We need to add some language to corporate licensing to remind them what country they are in.

RNC: Ric Grenell Torches 'Unlimited Globalization' that 'Hollowed Out' U.S.

Tl;dr multinational companies gutted the American workforce like a fish with the cooperation of the US government and threw them under the bus, laughing all the way to the bank.

Remember back in the day when CEO’s and top management were bringing down obscene multi million dollar bonuses every quarter. They were doing it by cutting labor costs by getting out of the manufacturing business and closing factories in the USA?

We need to add some language to corporate licensing to remind them what country they are in.

I think you have the master/servant relationship backwards.

Moneyed interests aren't ruled by government. They own government. Lawmakers do what they want, drastically, over what their voters want.

It looks to me like y'all are trying to pin "globalization" on Democrats and rinos.

And that just ain't so.

Nobody on either side did a damn thing to discourage offshoring

What happened was a suite of technological advances made it possible to exploit cheap foreign labor and business, did.

Businesses owned by republicans as well as democrats.

We all know this, and you can't gaslight it.

Your boy and his family had lots of stuff manufactured in china. So they're globalists, right? Destroying America? Ivanka did get a bunch of new Chinese copyrights, so I assume she is still "globalizing".

I remember hollering about this in 2002.

The conservatives told me to "stop talking down the economy."

I remember hollering about this in 2002.

The conservatives told me to "stop talking down the economy."

Yep. Government shouldn't stand in the way of business and all that....now it's bad. When Trump put his name on products, he had the opportunity to make things in the US and provide jobs to all of the "forgotten people" he always talks about but he didn't. I wonder why.

:shrug:

Yep. Government shouldn't stand in the way of business and all that....now it's bad. When Trump put his name on products, he had the opportunity to make things in the US and provide jobs to all of the "forgotten people" he always talks about but he didn't. I wonder why.

:shrug:

Thank you for sharing such wisdom. :roll:

What if:

Nobody on either side did a damn thing to discourage offshoring
What exactly do you think Trump has been doing?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing such wisdom. :roll:

What if:

What exactly do you think Trump has been doing?

Watching Fox and rage tweeting while Kushner fails at the presidency. You know this, you're just in extreme denial....

Back
Top Bottom