• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

RNC now using My Little Pony to defend Melania Trump

DifferentDrummr

Bald eagle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This circus just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

RNC Communications Chief Cites 'My Little Pony' In Defense Of Melania Trump's Plagiarism
Appearing Tuesday on MSNBC, Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer quoted the children’s television show, as well as singers Akon and John Legend, to explain why portions of Trump’s convention speech lined up so closely with Obama’s words, arguing that an online search for any line in the speech would turn up similar phrases.
“Hold on, it’s getting better,” said Spicer. “Melania Trump said, ‘The strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.’ Twilight Sparkle from ‘My Little Pony’ said, ‘This is your dream, anything you can do in your dreams.”

Yeah, I saw that. They really need to stop talking right now and regroup, come back with something a lot more coherent.

This whole outage seems contrived. It wasn't word for word copying, from what I've seem. It was the same tired, bland platitudes all these speeches consist of for decades. I'll bet the speech writers in both camps attended the same really awful Communications classes.

And Twilight Sparkle would make a much more interesting First Pony than Bill or Ma Trump.

Maybe it's time for virtual candidate, like the virtual celebrities they have in Asia.

Solid Snake\Twilight Sparkle 2016 !

Back
Top Bottom