• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel

Re: RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, canc

You're judging it without seeing it first.

do you need to jump into a lake to find out if water is wet

Re: RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, canc

Well Hillary is a woman who isn't staying at home washing dishes and making babies so of course you wouldn't associate with anyone showing a powerful woman in a favorable light, political spectrum be damned. You not wishing to associate might be good reason for less regressive folks to take a closer look. ;)

Have they found actual proof that she's a woman? I always assumed that Chelsea had been found on their doorstep in a basket. What the "less regressive folks" do is their problem, not mine.

I do agree the GOP should keep that freak show called the primary debates off the air. It was a circus where to most bizarre candidates took turns amusing the faithful only to be thrown under the bus by the same folks for the next clown to rise up and entertain them. I think it truly helped the Independents decide the GOP was just too regressive to be trusted in the Oval Office, and seeing how the GOP lost senate seats I'd say 'We the People' don't much care for the GOP to be too populous in Congress either...

I have a very different view of what happened..... The Party Elites spent the entire process doing everything in their power to ensure an actually Conservative member of the party could not win the nomination, even though that's what the largest part of the membership wanted. Instead, they forced the rank and file members to vote for their worthless, Center-Leftist candidate and when push came to shove a large portion of the members stopped pushing and allowed that Romeny campaign bus to roll right back over the party elites. It's the second time in a row that's happened, and it's why Conservative Independents like myself have no interest in the GOP and likely won't for many years to come.

I also see the RNC as punishing CNN and NBC- not feeling they wouldn't get fair treatment from those two,.....:

I think it's probably a combination of the two.

You're judging it without seeing it first.

You can make a pretty educated guess though.

You're really only fooling yourself if you're going to insist NBC isn't extremely pro-Democrat and they've chosen to air this leading up to the next Presidential election. I think your defense of what is clearly a four part Hillary Clinton political advertisement is based on your own over the top partisanship.

Perhaps they should simply require that for every showing they follow it up with a showing of this Hillary movie. :mrgreen:

[h=1]RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel your Hillary movies[/h]
(That's the full title, not enough room in title line of thread)
RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel your Hillary movies « Hot Air

So we're all about people's freedom of speech....unless they use it to make a movie about Hilary Clinton. We're all about freedom of the press.....unless they use it to air said movie.

I thought it was Liberals who only liked speech they liked....oh well....

BTW, as a side note to Mr. Priebus - You get more out of having your debates on the air than they do.

I think it's cute how you invoke First Amendment like only one side has it. Why not just shout "I'm biased" and end the thread?

It is free air time for their platform though. 2-3 hours on network TV of Republican views....

Free air time to whom? To an audience that already is not open to the ideals (if there are still any) of the Republican Party? Come on. That would be like airing "Dallas Cowboys Today" on a sunday morning in Washington, DC. Nobody is going to watch it, who wouldn't find some other way to watch it.

They have the right to choose not to do business with them. It's just interesting that if the shoe were on the other foot, we'd hear screams of "Facism!"

I don't know about that. Somehow I almost thing FoxNews would be HAPPY to not have to cover the DNC Debates.

Well Hillary is a woman who isn't staying at home washing dishes and making babies so of course you wouldn't associate with anyone showing a powerful woman in a favorable light, political spectrum be damned. You not wishing to associate might be good reason for less regressive folks to take a closer look. ;)

Yeah a woman riding her lifelong philandering husband's coattails to the bank is a real endorsement for women's lib.

:roll:

You can make a pretty educated guess though.

You're really only fooling yourself if you're going to insist NBC isn't extremely pro-Democrat and they've chosen to air this leading up to the next Presidential election. I think your defense of what is clearly a four part Hillary Clinton political advertisement is based on your own over the top partisanship.

It probably has more to do with the fact that the Clintons have huge name recognition, she's obviously seen as the favorable candidate, is likely to run, and is totally polarizing. So even the people that hate her are guaranteed to tune in, if for nothing else, to gnash their teeth for a few hours.

[h=1]RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel your Hillary movies[/h]
RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel your Hillary movies « Hot Air

So we're all about people's freedom of speech....unless they use it to make a movie about Hilary Clinton. We're all about freedom of the press.....unless they use it to air said movie.

BTW, as a side note to Mr. Priebus - You get more out of having your debates on the air than they do.

CNN and NBC will be dropping anything they planned to do with H.Clinton. In a month or two it will be proven that Sec. of State Clinton was running arms out of Benghazi to Syria

do you need to jump into a lake to find out if water is wet

No, but unless I at least give it a glance I can't tell you if it's brackish or not.

No, but unless I at least give it a glance I can't tell you if it's brackish or not.

If you know the source is a sewer pipe, you can safely call it undrinkable before you see it. :mrgreen:

I think it's cute how you invoke First Amendment like only one side has it. Why not just shout "I'm biased" and end the thread?

I think it's cute how it only bothers you when it's "the big scary Left."

I don't claim to be unbiased. If the shoe were on the other foot, the usual suspects would be screaming about it, but only have a problem when it hurts them.

a documentary is an unbiased presentation of facts not a campaign commercial, and if CNN or NBC does anything that involves democrats that is what it will be. fiction
Why do Republican's whine so much?
This is really dumb for the Republican's to do, they should dump Reince Priebus and get the Michael Steel back when they won elections. Remember 2010?

I do agree the GOP should keep that freak show called the primary debates off the air. It was a circus where to most bizarre candidates took turns amusing the faithful only to be thrown under the bus by the same folks for the next clown to rise up and entertain them. I think it truly helped the Independents decide the GOP was just too regressive to be trusted in the Oval Office, and seeing how the GOP lost senate seats I'd say 'We the People' don't much care for the GOP to be too populous in Congress either...

I also see the RNC as punishing CNN and NBC- not feeling they wouldn't get fair treatment from those two, after all the 'conservative' touchstone is ALL major media outlets don't treat them fairly. :roll:

strong women? give me a break :roll: a strong women would have left her husband after being caught screwing a 20 something year old intern in the oval office

If you know the source is a sewer pipe, you can safely call it undrinkable before you see it. :mrgreen:

True enough. Not that I would watch a crappy made for TV biopic no matter who it was about.

It probably has more to do with the fact that the Clintons have huge name recognition, she's obviously seen as the favorable candidate, is likely to run, and is totally polarizing. So even the people that hate her are guaranteed to tune in, if for nothing else, to gnash their teeth for a few hours.

Will her name recognition really grow significantly higher between now and the 2016 Presidential elections?

I could go along with it being about money over politics if they were airing the mini-series basically anytime other than just before the election but they've curiously chosen to wait years and air it right before the election. It's hard for me to see an argument that it isn't meant to sway the election.

I think it's cute how it only bothers you when it's "the big scary Left."

I don't claim to be unbiased. If the shoe were on the other foot, the usual suspects would be screaming about it, but only have a problem when it hurts them.

It would bother me...actually, more like it amuses me...when someone acts like their First Amendment rights are being infringed when someone else expresses those same rights.

This December, ask Santa for some perspective.

CNN and NBC will be dropping anything they planned to do with H.Clinton. In a month or two it will be proven that Sec. of State Clinton was running arms out of Benghazi to Syria

You mean aiding the Syrian rebels the way a lot of Republicans think we should be doing?

Can't imagine it'll be that big of an issue: about half of Conservatives think it's a good idea and the Liberals will still defend her. People who are members of either party represent about 25% of the electorate each. So it'll be an issue to about 12%, about the same number who resent that she's still alive.

It would bother me...actually, more like it amuses me...when someone acts like their First Amendment rights are being infringed when someone else expresses those same rights.

This December, ask Santa for some perspective.

I didn't invoke the First Amendment in the OP. I just said how convenient it was that the GOP feels exactly the same about opinions they don't like as Democrats do, but then they talk about how they're about individual rights.

I asked Santa for some perspective, but he was all out because he tried to give it to you. Too bad it didn't work.

You mean aiding the Syrian rebels the way a lot of Republicans think we should be doing?

Can't imagine it'll be that big of an issue: about half of Conservatives think it's a good idea and the Liberals will still defend her. People who are members of either party represent about 25% of the electorate each. So it'll be an issue to about 12%, about the same number who resent that she's still alive.

Jihadists in Egypt's lawless Sinai Peninsula are using U.S. weapons to carry out attacks against the temporary government in the wake of the military's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi, according to the embattled nation's Interior Ministry.

Read more: Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office | Fox News

i wonder where these missiles came from you do know they can be used to take down civilian aircraft like air liners

Will her name recognition really grow significantly higher between now and the 2016 Presidential elections?

I could go along with it being about money over politics if they were airing the mini-series basically anytime other than just before the election but they've curiously chosen to wait years and air it right before the election. It's hard for me to see an argument that it isn't meant to sway the election.

Well unless it's filmed yet....I mean, it's kind of hard to show it when it's not done.

Read more: Egypt claims jihadists fired US Hellfire missile at government office | Fox News

i wonder where these missiles came from you do know they can be used to take down civilian aircraft like air liners

I don't doubt it, and I don't think we should be involved in Libya, Egypt, Syria, or Uzbekistan for that matter.

If the Republican establishment like McCain or Romney heard about it....well, they like the idea as much as HC does. Personally, I think the whole thing is as likely to come back and bite us in the ass the way giving weapons to bin Laden and Saddam did.

That's freaking hilarious. :lamo

My first thought is NBC would be trashing her over the open marriage arrangement she accepts and blaming Monica Lewinsky on a vast right-wing conspiracy when she probably knew it was true, or should have. Any wife I've ever met who's husbands have a known history of cheating automatically presume any future accusation is true, but she didn't? Right.

The GOP in my opinion is in no position to make demands or lose the right to give it free exposure in the next national election year. Hillary Clinton is going to be the next President of the United States if she wants the job. The GOP are trained experts at marginalizing themselves, not that it would make a difference at this point.

I'm just wondering who will be her running mate and is Chelsea going to be in the cabinet. Secretary of Commerce maybe? Huma will be Chief of Staff and maybe an assistant Secretary of State or UN Ambassador in the second term.

Last edited:
RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, ca

Ya, isn't Clinton the ice queen that couldn't do what it takes to prevent her husband from going around fing every intern??

It probably is; I can't believe that anyone would consider Hillary as a viable option though... I'm not so opposed because of a woman attempting to be president, but that woman is the most vile and hateful type of man hating piece of garbage woman... Just look in her eyes, compare to Obama, Obama you can tell actually thinks he's doing good for the country and enjoying that power, bush was about half way between them...

But Hillary has the same cold dead eyes as dick Cheney, or even Putin... She shares the eyes of hardened killers.

Back to the op, I think that this is politically motivated, and so should be treated, because of circumstance, as early campaigning...

I'm more just shocked that people consider that beast as a viable presidential candidate...

not according to campaign rules a network is required by law to give equal time to both parties. so if NBC and CNN are going to do a mini series about Clinton they then are required to do the same for who ever the Republican candidate will be

Equal-time rule - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a small note, hillary is not a candidate. She is not even employed by the government right now. So this is not about a campaign. Your rules do not apply.

Back
Top Bottom