• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, cancel

Re: RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, canc

summer 2015 is what the press release claimed.

That's over a year before anybody votes for the next President.

Re: RNC issues ultimatum to NBC and CNN: If you want to air GOP debates in 2016, canc

No......

Why do you think Fox News is so popular???? because progressives are obsessed with republicans.... Progressives enjoy watching TV and being outraged - they're masochistic.

I bet more democrats/progressives watch Fox News than MSNBC or CNN...

So if the networks simply decided on their own not to air the debates, you'd be OK with that? Since Republicans don't watch TV, who cares if the media is biased?

I don't think it really matters..... Filling a persons head with the notion that democrats are the best thing since sliced pie while attempting to justify it with a propaganda movie, then airing a GOP debate is an attempt at brainwashing ... It makes the debate almost worthless.

Everybody does realize the RNC response created a lot of free advertisement and now thanks to all the news and water cooler buzz around the country the RNC created, the mini-series and documentary are likely to be a HUGE ratings bonanza, right? :lamo

All the more reason why this is kind of a stupid point to draw the line in the sand over.

correct. so long as it is timed to only effect the democratic primary, then the RNC should just sit back and observe. democrats that don't like Hillary should be outraged however.

but if the dates slip to be a factor during the general election, Americans should and will protest in large numbers.

So if the networks simply decided on their own not to air the debates, you'd be OK with that? Since Republicans don't watch TV, who cares if the media is biased?

Honestly I wouldn't care...... If anything I think it would be better...

All the other networks do is bash the ideas anyways...... So take their ability to bash away......

Are you kidding me? That is pure conjecture....

Yeah, like that moron Juan Williams wasn't biased when he was moderating????

It is not pure conjecture. He said exactly that in his Morning Joe interview. No conjecture just fact substantiated by his (Priebus') words.

No......

Why do you think Fox News is so popular???? because progressives are obsessed with republicans.... Progressives enjoy watching TV and being outraged - they're masochistic.

I bet more democrats/progressives watch Fox News than MSNBC or CNN...

Don't bother with facts just keep talking out your south end while facing north.

Don't bother with facts just keep talking out your south end while facing north.

Then why has Fox News been rated the top cable new channel for mmmm the last 15 years, yet we have progressive strongholds just about everywhere???

MSNBC rating are ****, CNN's are adequate but Fox trumps them both combined and its not even close...

Who the hell besides conservatives can generate those ratings?

The best part is that most conservatives I know don't watch TV.....

If you used cable TV news ratings as a means to determine who is republican or democrat then republicans should in theory own the house, senate and the presidency not to mention every local and state government in the United States.

No, that's not whats happening - whats happening is that progressives watch Fox News for whatever reason..

Try the simple math.....

It is not pure conjecture. He said exactly that in his Morning Joe interview. No conjecture just fact substantiated by his (Priebus') words.

Why am I not shocked that you watch a cable news channel that talks at you and at others instead of talking to them.

Then why has Fox News been rated the top cable new channel for mmmm the last 15 years, yet we have progressive strongholds just about everywhere???

Because being the #1 rated cable news channel is like being the most popular libertarian = big fish in a small pond.

MSNBC rating are ****, CNN's are adequate but Fox trumps them both combined and its not even close...

Who the hell besides conservatives can generate those ratings?

The best part is that most conservatives I know don't watch TV.....

If you used cable TV news ratings as a means to determine who is republican or democrat then republicans should in theory own the house, senate and the presidency not to mention every local and state government in the United States.

No, that's not whats happening - whats happening is that progressives watch Fox News for whatever reason..

Try the simple math.....

What simple math are you referring to? Maybe something that looks like this?

There are approximately 239M adults in the US

40% of US adults identify as conservatives

That equates to 95M adults

The highest rated Fox News show is O'reilly's at some 960,000 adults.

Using simple math 90percent of conservatives can still not watch Fox News and it will still get the ratings it is getting just from 10% of the conservatives.

This is what is called simple math with facts to back it up. Not simple conjecture that comes out your back side.

Because being the #1 rated cable news channel is like being the most popular libertarian = big fish in a small pond.

So is a poll yet people pay attention to polls and cite polls as "evidence"....

Why am I not shocked that you watch a cable news channel that talks at you and at others instead of talking to them.

So now your are contradicting yourself. First you say that it is mostly liberals who watch Fox News because they are masochistic. Now you are not supprised that a liberal watches MSNBC because it only says what they want to hear???? Which is it? Secondly if you think "Morning Joe" spouts the liberal line then it is obvious you have never watched the show and again are talking out your south end while facing north.

What simple math are you referring to? Maybe something that looks like this?

There are approximately 239M adults in the US

40% of US adults identify as conservatives

That equates to 95M adults

The highest rated Fox News show is O'reilly's at some 960,000 adults.

Using simple math 90percent of conservatives can still not watch Fox News and it will still get the ratings it is getting just from 10% of the conservatives.

This is what is called simple math with facts to back it up. Not simple conjecture that comes out your back side.

Well if I was wrong MSNBC and CNN would have higher ratings now wouldn't they??

Yeah simple math - especially since you believe 40% of the US is "conservative" despite the fact that 80% of minorities are "conservative."

You're right tho, TV ratings are a small sample size however, remember that the next time I call polls bull**** when you allow polls to dictate the entire US populace, also remember that ratings are based on polls...

So now your are contradicting yourself. First you say that it is mostly liberals who watch Fox News because they are masochistic. Now you are not supprised that a liberal watches MSNBC because it only says what they want to hear???? Which is it? Secondly if you think "Morning Joe" spouts the liberal line then it is obvious you have never watched the show and again are talking out your south end while facing north.

I didn't even imply "mostly liberals watch Fox News" I said: "a lot of progressives (liberals if you like) watch Fox News"...

You have a problem with rationalizing or something??

I've noticed "a lot" in the liberal mind means "all or most." I suppose that is just the way progressives think "all or nothing" - that mentality certainly explains OWS...

Well if I was wrong MSNBC and CNN would have higher ratings now wouldn't they??

Yeah simple math - especially since you believe 40% of the US is "conservative" despite the fact that 80% of minorities are "conservative."

You're right tho, TV ratings are a small sample size however, remember that the next time I call polls bull**** when you allow polls to dictate the entire US populace, also remember that ratings are based on polls...

You do know most polls due what is known as statiscal sampling which is scientifically based don't you??? Where as television ratings are not statistically sampled right??? comparing the two is comparing apples and oranges or more like apples and plutonium.

I didn't even imply "mostly liberals watch Fox News" I said: "a lot of progressives (liberals if you like) watch Fox News"...

You have a problem with rationalizing or something??

I've noticed "a lot" in the liberal mind means "all or most." I suppose that is just the way progressives think "all or nothing" - that mentality certainly explains OWS...

The problem is you have nothing to back that up except your backside.

You do know most polls due what is known as statiscal sampling which is scientifically based don't you??? Where as television ratings are not statistically sampled right??? comparing the two is comparing apples and oranges or more like apples and plutonium.

I took statistics...

No there is no "statistical sampling" in the extremely strong majority of polls..

I worked in a polling station and I can tell you there is no "scientific" anything involved...

Television ratings ARE CONDUCTED AS A POLL...

Both are useless however I suppose with television the sample sizes are larger than your typical "scientific" polls, hence greater accuracy....

The problem is you have nothing to back that up except your backside.

Yeah I do - my ****ing original post which you clearly misquoted or misinterpreted..

It's your fault not mine you jumped the gun....

Yeah I do - my ****ing original post which you clearly misquoted or misinterpreted..

It's your fault not mine you jumped the gun....

Oh OK??? So much for your simple math argument hey? Again you offer no proof other than you saying that more liberals watch Fox New than watch other news channels. What proof do you have????

Back
Top Bottom