• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC 2020 opening night ratings on C-SPAN blow away DNC viewership

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
RNC 2020 opening night pulls 6 times more viewers than DNC

The opening night of the 2020 Republican National Convention blew last week’s Democratic snoozefest out of the water, drawing in six times more viewers on C-SPAN’s livestream.
Approximately 440,000 people tuned in to watch the first night of the virtual GOP convention on Monday, compared to just 76,000 views for the first night of the DNC, according to a Hill report.
Looks like Trump is back in the driver's seat. 4 more years? Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

In the same way a particularly gruesome auto wreck draws onlookers.......

Grabbenfuhrer was pleased with the “Enemy of the People!”

6BC495B0-4EC5-41D6-A355-4827D214A7D3.jpg

Insecure libs trashing about in denial mode again. I love it. :lol:

I have been worried about this, when push comes to shove will Biden / Harris pull enough excitement and support from the very independents that Trump / Pence need to.

Not looking so good.

I've held the opinion that these conventions were more about party faithful, filled to the brim with rhetoric and uselessness all within the confines of a very safe space of useful idiots listening to every word said.

These reports can have all the fun they want, this race gets more entertaining around the debates anyway.

Republican National Convention Night 1 Down on DNC in Early Numbers
The first night of the Republican National Convention was down a touch in total viewership on the first night of the Democratic National Convention, at least according to early numbers.

Across the three broadcast networks, the RNC night 1 drew around 4.9 million total viewers, a 14% drop from last Monday’s DNC first night which drew 5.7 million.

Insecure libs trashing about in denial mode again. I love it. :lol:

Yeah, it has to be you totally owning those libs who posted before that remark, not the absurdity of equating relative live viewers of a convention translates into votes. Trumpists love to attend services to the Dear Leader. People who are going to vote Biden just need this endless ****show to end.

Anyway, thanks for the open admission that you aren't trying to actually debate anything here.

The first night of the Republican National Convention was down a touch in total viewership on the first night of the Democratic National Convention, at least according to early numbers.

Across the three broadcast networks, the RNC night 1 drew around 4.9 million total viewers, a 14% drop from last Monday’s DNC first night which drew 5.7 million.

Wait...so on top of the obvious problem with the OP, he managed to get the facts dead wrong?

:lamo

TV ratings? That's what you're running with? TV ratings? Damn, that's stupid.

All that shows is just how cultish his Trumpists are.

Well they elected a Reality-TV President, so of course it's about nothing more than ratings.

Ratings and popularity does not equate to something high quality or being worth watching for the content.

Case in point: despite being popular among their fans and earning money, both the twilight and the 50 shades of series of books and films represent some of the worst series of popular fiction ever put to writing or film because of the content and the way both series were conceived and put to writing and on the screen

I get tired of explaining streaming to people. I had to do it a number of times on another message board I'm just not gonna do it anymore.

Yeah, it has to be you totally owning those libs who posted before that remark, not the absurdity of equating relative live viewers of a convention translates into votes. Trumpists love to attend services to the Dear Leader. People who are going to vote Biden just need this endless ****show to end.

Anyway, thanks for the open admission that you aren't trying to actually debate anything here.
LOL have you actually looked in the mirror? All your replies are nothing but ad homs and silly rants. I doubt you will actually have anything to debate about since you dont even know what debating is. :lol:

The article is about C-SPAN's livestream, do keep up.

Oh. Interesting datapoint.

Anyway, overall viewership of the Republican convention's first night was 14% below that of the Dem convention.

LOL have you actually looked in the mirror? All your replies are nothing but ad homs and silly rants. I doubt you will actually have anything to debate about since you dont even know what debating is. :lol:

Oooh, CSPAN! The SEXY channel all the cool people watch.... :lamo:cool:

Trump's victory is an absolute certainty! Jesus himself plans to be at the coronation; to smil favor upon his golden orang boy of course! (They'll be announcing it at the convention tonight!) :2rofll:

Oooh, CSPAN! The SEXY channel all the cool people watch.... :lamo:cool:

Trump's victory is an absolute certainty! Jesus himself plans to be at the coronation; to smil favor upon his golden orang boy of course! (They'll be announcing it at the convention tonight!) :2rofll:

C-SPAN is neutral compared to MSM networks like ABC, NBC or FOX. Of course you'll try to spin it as if it was nothing, but with ratings 6 times higher than the DNC, it means the dems are in trouble. ;)

C-SPAN is neutral compared to MSM networks like ABC, NBC or FOX. Of course you'll try to spin it as if it was nothing, but with ratings 6 times higher than the DNC, it means the dems are in trouble. ;)

Hate to break it to you, but old people have cable and sattelite. Young folks, don't even have access to CSPAN. Not very surpising at all. Old folks love to get stoked on fear before voting, everyone knows this.

TV ratings? That's what you're running with? TV ratings? Damn, that's stupid.

All that shows is just how cultish his Trumpists are.

You believe that getting your platform and message to more viewers X6 than your opponent is stupid? I'm not seeing it. How is that bad for Trump? I'm all ears.

You believe that getting your platform and message to more viewers X6 than your opponent is stupid? I'm not seeing it. How is that bad for Trump? I'm all ears.

The GOP got their message out to 14% fewer viewers than the Dems. Because overall viewership of the GOP convention was lower.

Back
Top Bottom