• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RNC 2020 opening night ratings on C-SPAN blow away DNC viewership

You believe that getting your platform and message to more viewers X6 than your opponent is stupid? I'm not seeing it. How is that bad for Trump? I'm all ears.

Why you're OK with a failed man, who "works" at most 4 hours a day, mostly watches TV and rage tweets, and is only in it for the grift and ego stroking, is beyond me, but there's no agenda there....

I guess having had a non white president for eight years must have been truly terrifying for you; considering it's made the current lack of leadership and naked corruption acceptable. Perhaps having two networks to full time spin reality into something unrecognizable, peppered with lunatic conspiracy thoeires, is a huge comfort. :roll:

I have been worried about this, when push comes to shove will Biden / Harris pull enough excitement and support from the very independents that Trump / Pence need to.

Not looking so good.

I've held the opinion that these conventions were more about party faithful, filled to the brim with rhetoric and uselessness all within the confines of a very safe space of useful idiots listening to every word said.

These reports can have all the fun they want, this race gets more entertaining around the debates anyway.

The democrat convention was short on substance and long on rhetoric. Of course, the RNC had their share of rhetoric and catch phrases, but they were rattling off issue after issue while comparing and contrasting Trumps accomplishments with Biden's. Now, I'm not going to say which side came out on top, but I can say that it's a different ballgame when the democrat rhetoric is opposed, rather than when it stands supported and echoed by the MSM and Hollywood. The Dems didn't learn from 2016. Being lectured by a bunch of actors and Hollywood elites, rings hollow, when compared to stories recounted by real people. The picture painted by the citizens that know him best, portray a very different person than the caricatures made up by the MSM. Long story short, the DNC was "I hate Trump, we hate Trump, Trump is bad". The RNC was "Here's what Trump said he would do, and here's what he did. Here's what Biden did(or didn't do) for the last 50 years. You choose who you want for the next 4 years.

Why you're OK with a failed man, who "works" at most 4 hours a day, mostly watches TV and rage tweets, and is only in it for the grift and ego stroking, is beyond me, but there's no agenda there....

I guess having had a non white president for eight years must have been truly terrifying for you; considering it's made the current lack of leadership and naked corruption acceptable. Perhaps having two networks to full time spin reality into something unrecognizable, peppered with lunatic conspiracy thoeires, is a huge comfort. :roll:

That's why the Democrat party will lose this November. It's all you have, ad hominem attacks. No substance. You response to anyone that doesn't buy into your rhetoric is, "you're a racist", or a "bigot". It's the big lie and everybody knows it. The left had to make up stuff and pull quotes out of context to make Trump look racist. Biden, on the other hand, IS racist. No need to make up lies about Joe. Just look at his own words. Things he actually said. The list is long, but here are his top 7 racist comments.
7. When fighting bussing and desegregation: “Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”
6. When talking about Obama: “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

5. “That people would come to him and talk about what was happening to them at home in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans that were being … I mean these Shylocks who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas.”

4. His comments about ‘poor kids’ (August 2019) : . “We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

After a brief pause, Biden realized how bad what he had just said sounded, and added: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids — no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

3. Then there was this beauty:" I’ve had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking,” Biden said
2. When Biden explained during a virtual campaign event that Trump is wrong to hold China accountable for the COVID-19 because Americans aren’t able to distinguish “between a South Korean and someone from Beijing.”
1. And although it was a tough choice(he says so many racist things) the #1 racist comment by creepy Joe: “You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

So, next tome you want to throw racist accusations at me or anybody else, take a good look at your guy.

The Top 7 Racist Comments Made by Joe Biden Over the Years

That's why the Democrat party will lose this November. It's all you have, ad hominem attacks. No substance. You response to anyone that doesn't buy into your rhetoric is, "you're a racist", or a "bigot". It's the big lie and everybody knows it. The left had to make up stuff and pull quotes out of context to make Trump look racist. Biden, on the other hand, IS racist. No need to make up lies about Joe. Just look at his own words. Things he actually said. The list is long, but here are his top 7 racist comments.
7. When fighting bussing and desegregation: “Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.”
6. When talking about Obama: “You got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

5. “That people would come to him and talk about what was happening to them at home in terms of foreclosures, in terms of bad loans that were being … I mean these Shylocks who took advantage of, um, these women and men while overseas.”

4. His comments about ‘poor kids’ (August 2019) : . “We should challenge students in these schools. We have this notion that somehow if you’re poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

After a brief pause, Biden realized how bad what he had just said sounded, and added: “Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids — no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.”

3. Then there was this beauty:" I’ve had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking,” Biden said
2. When Biden explained during a virtual campaign event that Trump is wrong to hold China accountable for the COVID-19 because Americans aren’t able to distinguish “between a South Korean and someone from Beijing.”
1. And although it was a tough choice(he says so many racist things) the #1 racist comment by creepy Joe: “You’ve got more questions?” Biden replied. “Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

So, next tome you want to throw racist accusations at me or anybody else, take a good look at your guy.

The Top 7 Racist Comments Made by Joe Biden Over the Years

Tl/dr don't care. ;)

If you're trying to play whose more racist, you lose before you start. You lose anyway. Buh bye!:2wave:

Defending the indefensible is an exercise in futulity. Enjoy!:cool:

After four years, most of America would vote for someone's dog over orange moron....

Nielsen-wise, both the first night of the RNC and the first night of the DNC were down about 28% from 2016 in TV viewership.

The RNC, however, had 6 times the number of streams through C-Span than the DNC did.

Hang on.

Did the OP try to use just 1TV channel?

RNC 2020 opening night pulls 6 times more viewers than DNC

The opening night of the 2020 Republican National Convention blew last week’s Democratic snoozefest out of the water, drawing in six times more viewers on C-SPAN’s livestream.
Approximately 440,000 people tuned in to watch the first night of the virtual GOP convention on Monday, compared to just 76,000 views for the first night of the DNC, according to a Hill report.

Looks like Trump is back in the driver's seat. 4 more years? Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

This one's even better:

Trumpians touting and spinning polls claiming Trump lead in euthusiasm. They were wrong then, or trump just keeps going down, down, down.........

The first night of the Republican National Convention drew 15.8 million viewers across six networks, a significant falloff from the 18.7 million who tuned in to the Democratic National Convention’s debut evening.

Joe Biden Tops Donald Trump In Viewership For 1st Night Of Convention – Deadline

:lamo

LOL have you actually looked in the mirror? All your replies are nothing but ad homs and silly rants. I doubt you will actually have anything to debate about since you dont even know what debating is. :lol:

Oh look, it's another cowardly evasion and one of these ad homs you always cry about while throwing insults and trollish swill. The mark of another completely failed PoS thread.

You tried running victory laps based on one TV channel's viewers specifically because that one channel let you paint a false picture of viewership. But in reality, anyone who thinks viewership translates into votes and isn't trying to pass off a pro-Trump lie as fact would look more broadly. As it turns out, the GOP convention had millions less viewers.

Womp womp.

Last edited:

Looks like Trump is back in the driver's seat. 4 more years? Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

Good thing the Hill published before the Nielsen ratings came out this afternoon:

“The first night of the Republican National Convention averaged 15.9 million viewers on Monday, a sharp drop of 28% from 2016.

The audience figure from Nielsen was also below the opening night of last week's Democratic National Convention which averaged 18.7 million viewers over the three major English language broadcast networks and three leading cable news channels.”

Looks like Trump fell out of the car. Goodbye 4 more years? Stay tuned!

C-SPAN? Who watches that anyway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good thing the Hill published before the Nielsen ratings came out this afternoon:

“The first night of the Republican National Convention averaged 15.9 million viewers on Monday, a sharp drop of 28% from 2016.

The audience figure from Nielsen was also below the opening night of last week's Democratic National Convention which averaged 18.7 million viewers over the three major English language broadcast networks and three leading cable news channels.”

Looks like Trump fell out of the car. Goodbye 4 more years? Stay tuned!

C-SPAN? Who watches that anyway?
The first night of the DNC was also down 28% from 2016.

Fox, meanwhile was up 11% for the first night of the RNC from 2016, which might indicate that more Republicans are watching than 4 years ago but less Democrats. Which, if true, would be a good sign for Trump.

The streaming on CSPAN is 6x higher than the first night of the DNC, can’t find info on other streaming channels though.

Last edited:
C-SPAN is neutral compared to MSM networks like ABC, NBC or FOX. Of course you'll try to spin it as if it was nothing, but with ratings 6 times higher than the DNC, it means the Democrats are in trouble.

TV ratings are only useful if all of the networks showing it are added together.

Last edited:
Can someone list all of the television networks showing both conventions this year and give me the total combined viewership? No other ratings statistic is even close to accurate.

Can someone list all of the television networks showing both conventions this year and give me the total combined viewership? No other ratings statistic is even close to accurate.

Neilsen has total TV viewership of the DNC first night at 18.7 million, and the RNC first night at 15.9 million.

However, both figures are down 28% from 2016. Meaning there was the same disparity four years ago.

Fox's viewership of the RNC is up 11% from four years ago, which most likely means that more Republicans watched the first night of the RNC this year than four years ago. Remember, some people watching are from the opposite political party, only watching in order to get oppo info.

They vote as well unlike leftists who are too lazy to go to the polls.

Which is why Donald Trump won both the electoral college and the popular vote.

They say that statistics doesn't lie but liars use statistics. You cherry pick C-SPAN numbers, of 440,000, when most people watched on other networks. This is what it looked like when we include those other networks:

Joe Biden Tops Donald Trump In TV Viewership For First Night Of Convention

"The first night of the Republican National Convention drew 15.8 million viewers across six networks, a significant falloff from the 18.7 million who tuned in to the Democratic National Convention’s debut evening."

People don't get embarrassed anymore. Like the OP.

Back
Top Bottom