• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rittenhouse Defense in Pre-trial has a great day!

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Today was an excellent day for the defense and American justice worked the way it was supposed to (and didn't for Chauvin). In spite of the woke hysteria and lynch mob mentalities saturating our legal system, the Judge had the backbone to reject the prosecution's show trial tactics as highly prejudicial and of little or no probative value.

Under the Wisconsin Rules of Evidence, “evidence may be excluded if its probative value is substantially outweighed by the danger of unfair prejudice” or if it causes “confusion of the issue” a jury is called to determine. ...And character evidence is generally inadmissible as a rationale to prove conduct. ...

As such the following was ruled by the Judge as inadmissible:

- Rittenhouse's altercation on behalf of his sister in a prior dispute.
- Rittenhouse's interaction with Proud Boys
- A video in which Rittenhouse is commenting that he wished he had his rifle to shoot at a black man he thought in the midst of robbing a CVS. (Kyle, instead, called 911).
- The government lost two motions to compel the defendant to produce the names of donors to his legal defense fund.
- The government lost their bid to note that Rittenhouse used his stimulus money to purchase a gun.

The government did win on its opposition to the defense submitting evidence that the man shot and killed was convicted child sex offender.

Other than the fact that the government claimed they have a video from an FBI aircraft that that they say shows Rittenhouse initiating hostilities against Rosenbaum, (heretofore unknown) it was an excellent day for Rittenhouse.

If this video meets the same criteria of "evidence" as used by the prosecution under other elements, rest assured, this "video" (if ever produced) is headed to the dumpster.

Last edited:
Today was an excellent day for the defense and American justice worked the way it was supposed to (and didn't for Chauvin). In spite of the woke hysteria and lynch mob mentalities saturating our legal system, the Judge had the backbone to reject the prosecution's show trial tactics as highly prejudicial and of little or no probative value.

- A video in which Rittenhouse is commenting that he wished he had his rifle to shoot at a black man he thought in the midst of robbing a CVS. (Kyle, instead, called 911).
- The government lost two motions to compel the defendant to produce the names of donors to his legal defense fund.
- The government lost their bid to note that Rittenhouse used his stimulus money to purchase a gun.

The government did win on its opposition to the defense submitting evidence that the man shot and killed was convicted of child sex criminal.

Other than the fact that the government claimed they have a video from an FBI aircraft that that they say shows Rittenhouse initiating hostilities against Rosenbaum, (heretofore unknown) it was an excellent day for Rittenhouse.

If this video meets the same criteria of "evidence" as used by the prosecution under other elements, rest assured, this "video" (if ever produced) is headed to the dumpster.

I'd like to see that video claiming to show Rittenhouse initiating hostilities... My bet is, that video will never be made public because it shows no such thing.

Today was an excellent day for the defense and American justice worked the way it was supposed to (and didn't for Chauvin).
It must be wonderful having complete knowledge of the Truth prior to and even in opposition to the laws and judicial process of mere mortals.

I'd like to see that video claiming to show Rittenhouse initiating hostilities... My bet is, that video will never be made public because it shows no such thing.

Actually from what I heard it did not involve this situation, but another, where rittenhouse threatened other people with a gun.

It must be wonderful having complete knowledge of the Truth prior to and even in opposition to the laws and judicial process of mere mortals.

I won't deny it, being all knowing has its upside.

Actually from what I heard it did not involve this situation, but another, where rittenhouse threatened other people with a gun.

Not sure bout that. My only source is the article:

Near the end of the hearing, amidst a detailed back-and-forth discussion about who began the chase that turned deadly on the night in question, the government revealed they have a video from an “FBI” aircraft that shows Rittenhouse initiating hostilities against Joseph Rosenbaum. The defense said they hadn’t seen that evidence before.

Has no one ever watched Law and Order?

Would love to see the pudgy little gun nut go down HARD... (y)
of course, the left hates gun owners -especially ones who shoot convicted child molestors because gun owners like KR tend to vote against Democrats while a chester often supports Democrats

One less Democrat leaning voter
But in the end, it'll be one less gun toting maniac. Unless they have started allowing guns in prison. No way he gets off these charges. Just saying.

Sorry, but the prevailing winds are against your hero.

The government did win on its opposition to the defense submitting evidence that the man shot and killed was convicted child sex offender.

So they claimed they had a video, but didn't produce it? That's very odd.

But in the end, it'll be one less gun toting maniac. Unless they have started allowing guns in prison. No way he gets off these charges. Just saying.

Sorry, but the prevailing winds are against your hero.

You think prosecutors will be able to convince a small-town Wisconsin jury that a young man, who spent the evening cleaning graffiti and trying to administer first aid to protesters, is guilty of murder for shooting a fresh-out-of-prison child molester who, moments after helping to start a dumpster fire and push it toward a gas station, chased that young man across a parking lot and tried to take his rifle from him?

Good luck.

Did I miss something? My memory of the incident is that this guy, with all of the wisdom of a teen, walked down a street and shot some people who weren’t attacking him. Did he know of the record or actions of the person(s) he shot? By what authority did he do this?

Did I miss something? My memory of the incident is that this guy, with all of the wisdom of a teen, walked down a street and shot some people who weren’t attacking him. Did he know of the record or actions of the person(s) he shot? By what authority did he do this?

If that is you honest recollection, then make an ASAP appointment with a neurologist. There is no cure for what is likely to be diagnosed, but its better if you know.

Good news, indeed!

But let's not get overly optimistic.

The government has unlimited resources and the power to retry him over and over again until it gets the verdict that it wants.

Today was an excellent day for the defense and American justice worked the way it was supposed to (and didn't for Chauvin). ...
I see.

That is not a correct assessment of the facts of the event.

Good news, indeed!

But let's not get overly optimistic.

The government has unlimited resources and the power to retry him over and over again until it gets the verdict that it wants.
No it doesn't, when he is found not-guilty he can't be tried again, or if the judge granted a motion to dismiss with prejudice. He'll only be tried again in the event of a mistrial.

Obviously you need to read up on law.

Back
Top Bottom