• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rise of the geriatrics

00timh

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This has become such an eyesore. Tours this summer... Kiss/Motley crue. Aerosmith. Jefferson Starship has a rendition of the group out with a couple of members from way back. Kanter being one of them. There are others... TBH here, I was a kiss fanatic growing up. From the early days in the late 70's when they were at the top. Member of the kiss army I was. The schtick got stale, off came the makeup and they just became a sort of regular looking band playing the classics plus whatever not so great songs they were coming up with. That got stale, and they got the entire original group back together in the mid 90's. Eh, they were pushing it being in their late 40's, but actually a better show than they did in the 70's. But now, good god almighty, they are in their 60's, The boys of MC are turning 50 or almost... and, it is just pathetic. I don't mind the acoustic sit down, maybe a half time show, or some sort of special where they can belt out a few songs just for us old geezers and they themselves for a feel good moment. I am all good with that, but night after night for 90 minutes... They (not just kiss) just look so pathetic, old and washed up.

I like to remember these groups for what they were. What they meant then. Please guys, retire. You are ruining what you were.

Well, they built this dream together. Standing strong forever. Nothing's gonna stop them now.

Well, they built this dream together. Standing strong forever. Nothing's gonna stop them now.
if we are gonna go back, do it right....

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said;
"Feed YOUR HEAD

LOL

Just don't go if it annoys you: the last thing I really want to go through is the 70's and 80's all over again with more young energetic musicians all over.

This has become such an eyesore. Tours this summer... Kiss/Motley crue. Aerosmith. Jefferson Starship has a rendition of the group out with a couple of members from way back. Kanter being one of them. There are others... TBH here, I was a kiss fanatic growing up. From the early days in the late 70's when they were at the top. Member of the kiss army I was. The schtick got stale, off came the makeup and they just became a sort of regular looking band playing the classics plus whatever not so great songs they were coming up with. That got stale, and they got the entire original group back together in the mid 90's. Eh, they were pushing it being in their late 40's, but actually a better show than they did in the 70's. But now, good god almighty, they are in their 60's, The boys of MC are turning 50 or almost... and, it is just pathetic. I don't mind the acoustic sit down, maybe a half time show, or some sort of special where they can belt out a few songs just for us old geezers and they themselves for a feel good moment. I am all good with that, but night after night for 90 minutes... They (not just kiss) just look so pathetic, old and washed up.

I like to remember these groups for what they were. What they meant then. Please guys, retire. You are ruining what you were.

Everybody's got to earn a living...

F that, they are already set for life. They just don't know or can't bring themselves to hang it up. Like I said, I am fine with a reunion show with a couple of songs or a sit down acoustic, things of that nature. Its when they try to recreate themselves from 20 or 30 years ago and they tarnish a once great image and sound.

Everybody's got to earn a living...

If by living you mean paying alimony and child support for a dozen or so divorces and paying back tax bills, yeah, it's for a living.

These guys play the nostalgia circuit because they have to.

If by living you mean paying alimony and child support for a dozen or so divorces and paying back tax bills, yeah, it's for a living.

These guys play the nostalgia circuit because they have to.
Eh, I suppose, but I am willing to bet most of them are just fine financially. I think it is just a matter of not being able to let go of what they used to be.

Back
Top Bottom