• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP Polgara

I haven't been on much lately and just saw this. Very saddened to hear of Polgara's passing, she will be missed.

So sorry to hear this. She was always a class act. Rest In Peace, Polgara.

Dude, that sucks... best wishes to her family.

RIP Polgara. :( How sad. She was a sweet lady and will be missed.

I had no idea :-(

RIP Polgara...I know your bright attitude will shine on.

RIP Polgara
I will miss her wisdom!

R.I.P. Polar

I only ever interacted with her on Europe threads and she was always curious and I tried to answer her questions best as I could - she was one of the very few who posted about other subjects without pretending to be a font of all wisdom on subjects she had little experience of so I always found her a pleasure to interact with.

Condolences to her real world friends and family. She will have been a truly awesome friend in real life.

Polgara was a gentle person, with folksy wisdom and deep compassion. I will miss her and this forum will be the poorer for the absence of her generous spirit and gental humour. What a shock at learning of her passing. RIP Polgara, your posting with the angels now, so soar.

V/R.
Evilroddy.

I just returned from a trip (and absence from DP) to learn that our fellow DP'er Polgara had passed away. This may already be known, but if not I thought her passing should be marked. She was among the kindest posters and a person motivated by genuine curiosity. Her generous spirit will be missed. RIP, Polgara.

Thank you for posting this 2M - I had no idea Lady P wasn't well, she always being so full of life and what makes life worthwhile. I first met you and her many ages ago at Politico and travelled here with both of you because I enjoyed the discussions we shared on topics of interests. And you're so right - Lady P was the very best of us here on DP and I'll miss her kind words and sweet thoughts going forward. If you're in touch, please extend my condolences to her family and share with them our true love of her and all she brought to our lives. I'll miss her dearly.

First Maggie and now Lady P - life's just not fair.

She was always pleasant and cordial on a personal level. She was politically biased, but I never saw a nasty word (or anything other than a happy hello) to anyone personally.

Indeed sad news.
I believe Polgara ended with this frequently :2wave:

I'm new here, but have met folks at other sites that sound just like her. She sounds like the type of person we may want others to remember us by. But I fall short in reaching the human virtues many of you describe of her. I wish her blue skies, and tailwinds in heaven

-VySky

Rest in peace polgara will be missed.

I just returned from a trip (and absence from DP) to learn that our fellow DP'er Polgara had passed away. This may already be known, but if not I thought her passing should be marked. She was among the kindest posters and a person motivated by genuine curiosity. Her generous spirit will be missed. RIP, Polgara.

:(

I fondly remember conversations with her.

For those interested, this is what inspired her name: https://www.amazon.com/Polgara-Sorceress-Malloreon-David-Eddings/dp/0345422554

Its part of an amazing book series by a great author.

The sorceress of politeness. Rest in peace.

How did she go? :( This is heartbreaking.

I hope she did not suffer in the end.

Ow...just saw this. Didn't always agree with her, but without exception I thought she was classy. It was always a treat to get a like from Polgara.

Back
Top Bottom