• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[RIP] Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74[W:94]

Re: Muhammad Ali, 'The Greatest of All Time', Dead at 74

Another very ignorant post.

Ali was was still very much loved during his illness, and he still did a lot of good work while he was sick.

Jackson was a "pedo", and was considered a "pedo" before and after.............................. unless you were one of his sick groupies.

Can you show proof of Jackson being a pedo? I mean he was found not guilty right? So there is no reason to consider him one. You seem to be the one spouting ignorance.

Can you show proof of Jackson being a pedo? I mean he was found not guilty right? So there is no reason to consider him one. You seem to be the one spouting ignorance.

Will you respond to my post ?

Will you respond to my post ?

After reading it and noting the lack of intelligence or logic in the post I ignored it. I will though if you can remind me what it stated.

I remember that the kid he Michael Jackson was accused of molesting (or something of that matter) came out and admitted he was coached by his father.

Why did he pay hush money if he wasn't playing with the kids peter?

After reading it and noting the lack of intelligence or logic in the post I ignored it. I will though if you can remind me what it stated.

Muhammed Ali had no reason to make those statements ?

Another very ignorant post.

Ali was was still very much loved during his illness, and he still did a lot of good work while he was sick.

Jackson was a "pedo", and was considered a "pedo" before and after.............................. unless you were one of his sick groupies.

Angry little people always come out of the woodwork when someone like Ali dies, to chew on their sour grapes. What's funny is that they seem to imagine no one can see that what really makes them pouty about Ali is that he was more man than they can ever hope to be.

Why did he pay hush money if he wasn't playing with the kids peter?

Because often times for rich people its easier for them to pay people than go through court and deal with it. Also, in the criminal case, he was found not guilty. Which is what I care about.

Muhammed Ali had no reason to make those statements ?

Did he have reasons to say that all white people are devils? Or that no self respecting black person should race mix with white people? No. He was an ignorant, religious racist.

Did he have reasons to say that all white people are devils? Or that no self respecting black person should race mix with white people? No. He was an ignorant, religious racist.

like you ?

Because often times for rich people its easier for them to pay people than go through court and deal with it. Also, in the criminal case, he was found not guilty. Which is what I care about.
Also, the kid MJ was accused of molesting came out and admitted that he was coached by his father.

You mean rich people like MJ who have something to hide.........right?

Also, the kid MJ was accused of molesting came out and admitted that he was coached by his father.

Shhhh he obviously didn't mean that. He was lying when he said that. He was telling the truth when he said MJ molested him! Cmon now, MJ was a sick pedophile!

Intolerance in your posts

Show a single example in my posts of racism.

I said 'intolerance'

You called me a racist on page 4. Please stop backtracking.

Moderator's Warning:
Alright folks. This is a R.I.P thread. Which means that you stick to the topic and do not say anything disrespectful as per the rules:

With the recognition that the passing of political leaders (and other figures) can be a tumultuous time stirring up a variety of feelings, from sorrow to elation, the Mod Team has strove to find a solution that will allow all facets of discussion concerning a persons death be done in a civil matter. New threads with a thread tag in the *Breaking News* section, the “R.I.P.” tag should be treated with the same general respect and etiquette one would show at a funeral. It is a thread for members to express their grief or condolences and to speak about the dead or the family of the dead in a respectful way, free of mud slinging. The same story that is used in a R.I.P thread may be used to create a standard thread about the matter as well (and vise versa). Conversation in this thread will run per the normal rules of Debate Politics. Personal attacks about individuals speaking ill of the dead, as per the standard rules, will not be allowed. As long as the discussion remains within the rules and on topic it is fair game.

Anymore off topic posts or disrespectful posts and there will be thread bans and infractions handed out.

A story from 1989.
Toronto author Ed Zawadzki recounts how gracious Muhammad Ali was attending Chuvalo tribute | National Post

Zawadzki picked Ali up at Pearson International and they were on their way downtown when Ali asked Zawadzki, the son of Polish immigrants, about his family. The Etobicoke native mentioned to the former three-time world heavyweight champion of the world that his mom Wanda had spent years in a slave labour camp during the Second World War.

“Suddenly, he said he wanted to meet her,” said Zawadzki. “So even though we were already halfway downtown, we turned around. When we walked into our condo, Muhammad walked up to my mom, gave her a big hug, and the two of them sat together, and talked and hugged for a good 45 minutes. She told him all about her experiences in the camp.”

Probably the most profound athlete in history. He was dead set on leaving his hands hanging down while opponents swung on him, and Angelo really didn't have a choice but to let him do it. They thought Liston would kill him and he embarrassed him, as well as many others, including Foreman, who was like the Tyson of his time...a ruthless killer in the ring. He really had incredible courage to the point where it makes me wonder if he was afraid to die. He wasn't always good though. He turned his back on Malcom X before he was murdered and talked constantly about religion but was a serial adulterer. On the other hand, he was great with kids. And he was good for the civil rights movement. An amazing and intriguing figure in the midst of the turbulent 60's and 70's.

Probably the most profound athlete in history. He was dead set on leaving his hands hanging down while opponents swung on him, and Angelo really didn't have a choice but to let him do it. They thought Liston would kill him and he embarrassed him, as well as many others, including Foreman, who was like the Tyson of his time...a ruthless killer in the ring. He really had incredible courage to the point where it makes me wonder if he was afraid to die. He wasn't always good though. He turned his back on Malcom X before he was murdered and talked constantly about religion but was a serial adulterer. On the other hand, he was great with kids. And he was good for the civil rights movement. An amazing and intriguing figure in the midst of the turbulent 60's and 70's.

Ya ya ya, but one of the really cool things is that he put together quality life after boxing, that seems kinda rare.

I remember the Thrilla in Manilla. I was only 12 or 13 at the time. Such interesting barbs from Ali before the fight. So different than today's boxers who are nothing but money pumping machines. Ali was transformative. He had massive talent, and he was as interesting as any athlete of my lifetime. He deserves peace and rest now. I know he has found both. He was The Greatest.

RIP.

I remember the Thrilla in Manilla. I was only 12 or 13 at the time. Such interesting barbs from Ali before the fight. So different than today's boxers who are nothing but money pumping machines. Ali was transformative. He had massive talent, and he was as interesting as any athlete of my lifetime. He deserves peace and rest now. I know he has found both. He was The Greatest.

RIP.

Today's boxers are basically 110-pound Mexicans and guys who weren't good enough to be football players. The big money sports killed boxing -- especially the heavyweight division. If Ali was 20 today, he'd be a tight end, not a guy getting punched in the head for a living.

Ali was certainly the biggest personality in sports for about two decades, but as a student of the sweet science, I can't rank him as the GOAT. Not quite.

Ali is definitely an intriguing and polarizing figure, and I think he liked it that way.

The rope-a-dope strategy was all Ali -- Angie tried to talk him out of it.

Back
Top Bottom