• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP- Mr. Hockey

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Gordie Howe, died at age 88.
When I was a kid in the Original Six days, I was Red Wings fan because of number 9. I thought God was spelled H-O-W-E.
RIP, Gordie.

RIP. I'm not a big hockey fan, but I was always aware of the name Gordie Howe when it came to hockey. The two are synonymous.

A long career, retired at age 52.
I recall he had a nickname, Mr Elbows.
A great player.
RIP and my condolences to his family and friends.

A long career, retired at age 52.
I recall he had a nickname, Mr Elbows.
A great player.
RIP and my condolences to his family and friends.

Yeah, but when he came in at you with his elbows high, he was wearing padding on them, not hard plastic armour like they wear today. I read somewhere that he used to call the guys name if he thought he guy didn't know he was coming.
Bit of trivia- Gordie Howe only ever had a 'Gordie Howe Hat Trick' twice- a goal, an assist and a fight in the game.

This sucks, 2016 sucks!

I only saw him play once, in Houston with his sons Mark and Marty in 1973. He scored on a deflection, and he also had a goal on a break away that was called back. He broke up the middle and someone fed him a pass that resulted in the breakaway goal, and the place went nuts. Except for me. I sat there quietly waiting for the referee to call it back on a 2-line pass offside that Houston fans were too unaware of the rules to notice. Still it was fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom