• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP, Jennifer Alfonso

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This sick, sick man posted a picture of his wife's body on Facebook before turning himself in to the police.

I can't even imagine what her family is going through.

Miami Man Kills Wife, Posts Deceased Wife’s Photo On Facebook | Breaking News for Black America

Nice set-up on the defense.

Im [sic] going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife love you guys miss you guys takecare Facebook people you will see me in the news” my wife was punching me and I am not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did I hope u understand me “

Gee, I wish I found this as amusing as you do.

*sets toaster oven to outrage*

*posts about being outraged on facebook*

His typing and grammar are even more atrocious than the crime.

I guess he was too stupid to file for a divorce. But its even stupider to think he'll be safe from abuse in prison.

Your bolded post. I didn't say he would or should do so, I didn't say he would or wouldn't succeed. You responded as though I had.

That's combative to you? :lamo

Tsk, you're right! Passive-aggressive is what I was actually thinking.

I was stating my opinion. How on earth you translate that into passive-aggressive, I don't know. Paranoid much?

I think he's going for stand your ground, with the announcement he posted.

If Florida law allows for a man to shoot and kill his wife because she punched him, the law needs changing. That would be outrageous. He's better be battered, blue and bleeding.

the battered spouse defense goes back a lot further than SYG

Battered woman defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And BTW... did you hapen to read the legal terms in your link?

The courts in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and United States have accepted the extensive and growing body of research showing that battered partners can use force to defend themselves and sometimes kill their abusers because of the abusive and sometimes life-threatening situation in which they find themselves, acting in the firm belief that there is no other way than to kill for self-preservation. The courts have recognized that this evidence may support a variety of defenses to a charge of murder or to mitigate the sentence if convicted of lesser offenses. Again, battered woman syndrome is not a legal defense, but may legally constitute:

-Self-defense when using a reasonable and proportionate degree of violence in response to the abuse might appear the most appropriate defense but, until recently, it almost never succeeded. Research in 1996 in England found no case in which a battered woman successfully pleaded self-defense (see Noonan at p198). After analysing 239 appellate decisions on trials of women who killed in self-defense in the U.S., Maguigan (1991) argues that self-defence is gender biased.
-provocation;
-insanity (usually within the meaning of the M'Naghten Rules); and
-diminished responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom