• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP Jeff Hanneman (Slayer guitarist)

The Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Jeff Hanneman, guitarist of legendary heavy metal band Slayer has died at the age of 49 from liver failure. I know a couple of years ago he suffered from Necrotizing Fascitis allegedly brought on by a spider bite, but I haven't heard anything since then and I don't know if his liver failure was connected to this, or from years of alcohol and/or drug abuse.

RIP Jeff. I will crank my Seasons In The Abyss CD in your memory! SLAYER!!!!!

rest in peace.

Oh wow, wow this sucks hardcore. One of the top bands ever. Incredible talent.

Slayer is a band where you knew what you were getting every time.No Metallica-esque change in direction for them. You either loved Slayer, or hated them.

Damn 49.....I just saw this. They still think it is was caused by the Spider Bite.

Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman dies at 49.....

e4881e8dd8dcc10e300f6a70670059c4.jpg

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jeff Hanneman, a founding member of Slayer whose career was irrevocably changed after a spider bite, has died. He was 49.

Slayer spokeswoman Heidi Robinson-Fitzgerald said Hanneman died Thursday morning of liver failure at a Los Angeles hospital with his wife, Kathy, by his side.

He had been slowly recovering from what was believed to be a spider bite that nearly cost him his arm after he failed to seek immediate treatment.

Robinson-Fitzgerald said it's believed the spider bite contributed to the failure of Hanneman's liver, but it is unclear whether an autopsy will be scheduled. No funeral arrangements have been made.

Hanneman co-founded the thrash metal pioneers in Huntington Beach, Calif., in 1982.....snip~

Yahoo!

R.I.P. Jeff!
sign_amen.gif

That's a shame. What a loss to heavy metal music! :( RIP.

Man this sucks! One of my all time favorites has passed. As soon as I leave this meeting It will be Raining Blood all the way home. RIP Jeff.

Not my favorite songs, but their impact cannot be denied:

Back
Top Bottom