• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP: Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes Dies at Age 66

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes has passed away at age 66 after a brief illness.Colmes leaves behind his wife, Jocelyn Crowley, who issued the following statement:
Alan Colmes passed away this morning after a brief illness. He was 66-years-old. He leaves his adoring and devoted wife, Jocelyn Elise Crowley. He was a great guy, brilliant, hysterical, and moral. He was fiercely loyal, and the only thing he loved more than his work was his life with Jocelyn. He will be missed. The family has asked for privacy during this very difficult time.
Bill Hemmer announced the sad news this morning on "America's Newsroom," which then aired a tribute package from Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity, his former co-host on "Hannity & Colmes."
Fox News Channel's Alan Colmes Dies at Age 66 | Fox News Insider
My condolences to his family.

It saddened me greatly to hear the news.

Oh, man! That's sad. I liked him.

RIP Alan

Oh, man! That's sad. I liked him.

RIP Alan

Me too. Was interesting to hear perspective from.

Thought he was younger than 66. But that is still way too young....

Man, just heard him last week and there were no obvious signs of illness.

Unlike most other radio show hosts, Colmes had no problem going mano y mano with callers who disagreed with his perspective. Some were pretty entertaining.

A very decent man whom I disagreed with greatly, but respected.

Me too. Was interesting to hear perspective from.

Thought he was younger than 66. But that is still way too young....

He became much more interesting to me after leaving Fox. I think he found his voice. Face it, sharing a show, one must banter. Not the optimal conditions to let one's light shine on a regular basis.

I disagreed with damn near everything I heard Alan Combs say, but he was one of the few fairminded Liberals there was. He was able to make his point sans the usual vitriol. The average Leftist would be very wise to use him as an example of how to conduct himself.

I always felt that he quit H & C show for some kind of health reasons... It says he did suddenly at 66,, But he did kinda look sickly the last few times I saw him..

God Speed Alan..

djl

RIP Alan...didn't agree with your politics but seemed like a good guy

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I don't think there was a more infuriating, wrongheaded, yell inducing, honorable, and respected personality on the air. He will be sorely missed. Godspeed Mr. Colmes.

Really shocked to hear this one. Just said he died after a brief illness. Nice guy that could argue his point without going to the gutter or going off the wall.

First RIP/condolences to his family/brilliant wife.

I disagreed with damn near everything I heard Alan Combs say, but he was one of the few fairminded Liberals there was. He was able to make his point sans the usual vitriol. The average Leftist would be very wise to use him as an example of how to conduct himself.
The Irony of that suggestion, considering who is our Prez, is staggering.

I always felt that he quit H & C show for some kind of health reasons... It says he did suddenly at 66,, But he did kinda look sickly the last few times I saw him..
God Speed Alan..
djl
Really shocked to hear this one. Just said he died after a brief illness. Nice guy that could argue his point without going to the gutter or going off the wall.
Perhaps not so brief.
WaPo says he died in the Hospital with Lymphoma.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a3817ac21a5_story.html?utm_term=.cab33cd9a2dc
I went looking because 66 is too young barring some issue.
Hope it was peaceful/painless.

Last edited:
Don't trash up the thread.
I briefly/subtlely answered YOUR "trash" claim. (more tersely than you made it)
You make another Ironic claim.
The vast bulk of my post is RIP/empathy, and uniquely finding out the Cause of death.
If you have a problem with a post, please use the correct avenue. thx

Last edited:
I briefly/subtlely answered YOUR "trash" claim. (more tersely than you made it)
You miss another Ironic claim.
The vast bulk of my post is RIP/empathy, and uniquely finding out the Cause of death.
If you have a problem with a post, use the correct avenue.

I didn't ask a question for you to answer. Stop pissing on this man's memory with partisan attacks. He was a good Liberal and above that bull****. You never heard Combs start crying, "racism", when he saw Lineralism failing.

I didn't ask a question for you to answer. Stop pissing on this man's memory with partisan attacks. He was a good Liberal and above that bull****. You never heard Combs start crying, "racism", when he saw Lineralism failing.
I didn't say you did ask a question.
Worse, YOU made a PARTISAN suggestion/Intimation about "Leftists" being uncivil.

Again, the vast bulk of my post was RIP consistent (not "pissing on his memory"), and again, uniquely taking the time to find the cause of death.

There will be NO more replies to apdst (and His Partisan sabotage) subsequent to this, no matter what.

Last edited:
I didn't say you did ask a question.
Worse, YOU made a PARTISAN suggestion/Intimation about "Leftists" being uncivil.
Yes or No?
Again, the vast bulk of my post was RIP consistent, and again, uniquely taking the time to find the cause of death.

There will be NO more replies to apsdt (and his sabotage) subsequent to this one.

So, now you alter my username. Great job of illustrating my point.

"Passed away after a brief illness."

Why do I see so many obituaries these days where cause of death is not given? Just asking.

And I have seen my share of obits lately with people in their 30s' and 50's that "died of natural causes." How in the world do people that young die of "natural causes?" Make me thing someone is hiding something.

Oh wow, I thought he was younger too. But all the same, 66 is too early. Safe travels, Mr. Colmes...

Back
Top Bottom