• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

*RIP* Chadwick Boseman

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I am so totally shocked.

Chadwick Boseman, ‘Black Panther’ Star, Dies at 43

Chadwick Boseman, star of “Black Panther,” has died at 43, after a four year battle with colon cancer.

Before he was cast as the Marvel Studios superhero, Boseman’s career first exploded with his portrayals of Black American icons Jackie Robinson (in 2013’s “42”) and James Brown (in 2014’s “Get on Up”). Boseman also appeared in Spike Lee’s “Da 5 Bloods,” and playing Thurgood Marshall in 2017’s “Marshall.”​

Just saw this...what a terrible loss of a phenomenal actor. It’s not often that I feel shocked and dismayed at celebrities passing, but this one hurts. His portrayal in Marshall was masterful, one of my all time favorites.

RIP CB

2020 can eat a dick.

He was fantastic when portraying James Brown, Get on Up

A fabulous actor who is gone too soon.
RIP

Jesus this was straight out of left field. RIP King.

Loved him. Never knew he was sick.

I don't think I ever saw him in a movie where he wasn't great. Starting with Serenity. Just had a way about him.

For a moment I thought it must have been a car accident or something similar. The man was too young. Rest In Peace, Mr. Boseman. :(

For a moment I thought it must have been a car accident or something similar. The man was too young. Rest In Peace, Mr. Boseman. :(

I know... I just see him as this super fit guy dominating the screen.

I don't think I ever saw him in a movie where he wasn't great. Starting with Serenity. Just had a way about him.

Regarding the bold, are you by chance confusing him with Chiwetel Ejiofor? Chiwetel Ejiofor was in Serenity, not Chadwick Boseman.

Regarding the bold, are you by chance confusing him with Chiwetel Ejiofor? Chiwetel Ejiofor was in Serenity, not Chadwick Boseman.
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

2020 can eat a dick.

Oh no, you did NOT say that....

Have you seen a picture of him, the "spirit of 2020" as it were?

jeffrey-dahmer-mug--photo-by-curt-borgwardtsygma-via-getty-images.jpg

DAMN YOU WISCONSIN! I blame the damn PACKERS! And that STUPID 70s show! Degenerates!

Oh and also, "Milwuakee's Best"

Colon cancer is a sad thing. I didn't know who this guy was, but I'm sorry to hear it.

Yeah I get them mixed up.

Really like both of them. Both great actors.

Here's a nice eulogy tweet from Michelle Obama
Only Chadwick could embody Jackie Robinson, Thurgood Marshall, and T’Challa. He, too, knew what it meant to persevere. To summon real strength. And he belongs right there with them as a hero—for Black kids and for all our kids. There’s no better gift to give our world. <heart>

Cute picture below.
Egm7WrTWkAIBGPF

Many did not, he kept that quiet while making movies (IIRC 2 ) to visiting children in hospitals for cancer.

Truly a good man

Rest peacefully Chadwick. :(

Incredibly sad, incredible loss to acting and society overall. Very unexpected but I hope his outreach lives on.

I appreciate him more now; before he was another very pretty face in the Marvel Avenger line up, then he demonstrated such integrity and class in his role as Black Panther, lifting an action movie to a new level.

Rest in power.

Back
Top Bottom