• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIP-Bob Probert

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Former Detroit Red Wings enforcer Probert dies - ESPN

Retired hockey enforcer Bob Probert, who played for the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks and struggled to overcome drinking problems, has died. He was 45.

Probert was on a boat in Lake St. Clair with his wife, children and in-laws when he "developed severe chest pains" Monday, family friend Rich Rogow said.

On of the toughest fighters in the league ever, and quite skilled as well, (having a few very good years for goals and points

On of the toughest fighters in the league ever, and quite skilled as well, (having a few very good years for goals and points

He was always exciting on the ice. I suspect his death is related to his substance abuse problems, which while I think he got them under control, do real damage to the body.

He was always exciting on the ice. I suspect his death is related to his substance abuse problems, which while I think he got them under control, do real damage to the body.

Yeah, that is the first thing I though about. But I can't help but wonder if it was steroids more than anything.

RIP, Bob.

I was a season ticket holder for the Flyers during Probert's years. Wanted to hate him as an "enforcer," but never could because of the drinking issues. Wow. I'm sorry to read this, but can't say I'm surprised. :(

Back
Top Bottom