• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Riots in Kazakhstan

Jredbaron96

Gen 4:10
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Protesters in Kazakhstan’s largest city stormed the presidential residence and the mayor’s office on Wednesday and set both buildings on fire, according to new reports, as demonstrations sparked by a rise in fuel prices in the Central Asian nation escalated sharply.

Police fired on some protesters at the presidential palace before fleeing. They have clashed repeatedly with demonstrators in recent days, deploying water cannons in the freezing weather, tear gas and concussion grenades.

The government resigned in response to the unrest and the president vowed to take harsh measures to quell it. In possibly the first of those efforts, Kazakh news sites became inaccessible late in the day, and the global watchdog organization Netblocks said the country was experiencing a pervasive internet blackout.

Although the protests began over a near-doubling of prices for a type of liquefied gas that is widely used as vehicle fuel, the size and rapid spread of the unrest suggest they reflect wider discontent in the country that has been under the rule of the same party since independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.

Unrest broke out in cities across Kazakhstan on Wednesday, as thousands angrily protested a sharp fuel price hike that sparked the resignation of the Central Asian country's government.

Local media reported the airport in the country's biggest city, Almaty, was breached by protesters, while a state of emergency has been declared in Kazakhstan's capital Nursultan, Almaty, and in other regions following tense demonstrations.

In three cities, local administration officials came under attack, buildings were damaged and "stones, sticks, gas, pepper, and Molotov cocktails were used," according to a statement by the Interior Ministry. A journalist in Almaty told CNN they were experiencing internet outage and lights appeared to be off in buildings near the President's residence and mayor's office.

Major protests in Kazakhstan have triggered an internet blackout across the country, leading to the resignation of the Prime Minister; rioters have disarmed some National Guard and Law enforcement personnel.

Kazakh soldiers disarmed and taken prisoner by protestors.

There have been problems in Kazakhstan for some time now. Ever since longtime ruler Nursultan Nazarbayev retired. The capital city of Astana was renamed Nur-Sultan in his honor.

It is (by Stalin's design) a bifurcated country linguistically. Russian is mainly spoken in the north and Kazakh everywhere else. The Latin alphabet is now replacing the Russian Cyrillic alphabet.

Kazakhstan is where Stalin deported the Volga Germans (1941) and the Crimean Tatar people (1944).

This is the proper way to conduct an insurrection.Killings,fires,cops splitting the protestors skulls open.Our Capitol disturbance looked like a picnic compared to this.To call what happened last January 6th an insurrection is a joke.

An alarming development; President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has asked for the Russian led CSTO to step in and assist.

Major protests in Kazakhstan have triggered an internet blackout across the country, leading to the resignation of the Prime Minister; rioters have disarmed some National Guard and Law enforcement personnel.
Not familiar with Kazakhstan. Is this a color revolution?

Kazakhstan is where Russia launches all their space missions from. Seems to me this unrest would favor Elon Musk who owns the only other launch vehicle to supply the International Space Station. I'm buying whatever Musk is selling.

This is the proper way to conduct an insurrection.Killings,fires,cops splitting the protestors skulls open.Our Capitol disturbance looked like a picnic compared to this.To call what happened last January 6th an insurrection is a joke.
Hasn't been a really good insurrection done right since the storming of the Bastille.

storming-engraving-Bastille-July-14-1789.jpg

And then of course the after party 4 years later....

execution-of-louis-xvi-painting.jpg

An alarming development; President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev has asked for the Russian led CSTO to step in and assist.
Russia belarus and kyrygistan are for sure sending in troops, with armenia possibly sending in troops, but no confirmation atleast as I have seen.

So far from what I have seen the entire uprising is a coup orcestrated by a foreign govt, with help internally. The only thing I can not tell is which country.

I would suspect the united states behind it to try and get a base in that country like they have long wanted
Or the cia doing it so russia could use it as an excuse to annex that country so the united states could rally around it for military action in ukraine
Or someone in russia or kazakhstan faking it to look like an american backed coup to bring russia in control in the region and re establish it as part of russia

Or lastly the chinese govt making it look like an american backed coup to pit russia and america against eachother there.

So far evidence shows it to look like classic cia handywork, but at the same time many of the coup supporters rioting have seemed to be communist supporters, so it is equally possible it was done to re establish the old soviet union in part.

Either way they had multiple police injured or killed and same with their military, and the armed takeover of the airport makes it dead on guaranteed it was a foreign plotted coup with weapons and military training supplied, it is just the question of which country and why.

So far from what I have seen the entire uprising is a coup orcestrated by a foreign govt, with help internally. The only thing I can not tell is which country.
As best I can tell, Kazakhstan has friendly relations with Washington, Moscow, and Beijing.

Only one of those is known to orchestrate coups in friendly countries.

As best I can tell, Kazakhstan has friendly relations with Washington, Moscow, and Beijing.

Only one of those is known to orchestrate coups in friendly countries.
Has Biden colluded with them yet?

Russia belarus and kyrygistan are for sure sending in troops, with armenia possibly sending in troops, but no confirmation atleast as I have seen.

I would suspect the united states behind it to try and get a base in that country like they have long wanted
Or the cia doing it so russia could use it as an excuse to annex that country so the united states could rally around it for military action in ukraine
Or someone in russia or kazakhstan faking it to look like an american backed coup to bring russia in control in the region and re establish it as part of russia

Or lastly the chinese govt making it look like an american backed coup to pit russia and america against eachother there.

So far evidence shows it to look like classic cia handywork, but at the same time many of the coup supporters rioting have seemed to be communist supporters, so it is equally possible it was done to re establish the old soviet union in part.

Either way they had multiple police injured or killed and same with their military, and the armed takeover of the airport makes it dead on guaranteed it was a foreign plotted coup with weapons and military training supplied, it is just the question of which country and why.

All plausible scenarios, and not that far out there.. Thanks for sharing.

:rolleyes: Yet you can't drum up any links that support your anti-American conspiracy theory.

Protests erupted in the western region of Mangystau (the town of Zhanaozen) 5 days ago over a sudden hike (doubling) in prices for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) due to the end of state fuel subsidies. They have spread to cities and towns across Kazakhstan and broadened to include political grievances. There is a national-scale Internet blackout and shutdowns of government websites and news agencies. In a major move to distance himself from the past, President Toqaev on January 5 removed his predecessor, 81-year-old Nursultan Nazarbaev from the powerful post of head of the country's Security Council, sacked the Cabinet, and declared a nationwide state of emergency. The reality is that Kassym-Jomart Tokayev is a hand-picked successor of longtime president Nazarbayev who stepped down as president in 2019. But the government remains seeded with Nazarbayev family members and crony's like Tokayev. The people are tired of the Nazarbayev dynasty and want it gone. The Kazakh chant of “Shal ket!” (“Old men must go!”) is heard all around the country.

And this is no surprise.....

Russian troops intervene in protest-roiled Kazakhstan, where security forces have killed dozens of demonstrators

To address your faulty logic ... Sometimes =/= everytime

And no, you're not from Sweden.
My logic is perfect. Trusting the words of country that repeatedly got involved in regime change, is like trusting the words of a thief with a long history of theft.

Sure, I'm writing from a Kremlin basement. :giggle:

Not familiar with Kazakhstan. Is this a color revolution?
Unlikely

Kazakhstan is fairly western friendly while still having good relations with Russia. A change in government would cause instability and reductions in oil and gas production which would benefit Russia.

So if it is a color revolution it is poorly timed by the US ( instigator of color revolutions). It is a country with great oil wealth that does not benefit all society so when certain programs like fuel subsidies are cut it creates angry in the population. A shortage of bread and wheat sparked the troubles in Syria if I recall correctly

Unlikely

Kazakhstan is fairly western friendly while still having good relations with Russia. A change in government would cause instability and reductions in oil and gas production which would benefit Russia.

So if it is a color revolution it is poorly timed by the US ( instigator of color revolutions). It is a country with great oil wealth that does not benefit all society so when certain programs like fuel subsidies are cut it creates angry in the population. A shortage of bread and wheat sparked the troubles in Syria if I recall correctly
Egypt and Libya also had friendly relations with USG prior to being set on fire.

Egypt and Libya also had friendly relations with USG prior to being set on fire.

The longtime Kazach dictator - Nazarbayev - is no longer president.

Autocracies like Egypt, Libya, and Kazakhstan can tend to become unstable when their dictators depart the scene.

Sure, I'm writing from a Kremlin basement.

Your flag was Sweden this morning and it is the United Kingdom now.

Probably writing from the 24/7 troll factory in St. Petersberg.

Your flag was Sweden this morning and it is the United Kingdom now.

Probably writing from the 24/7 troll factory in St. Petersberg.
It's none of your concern why my flag changes.

About the only propagandist here is you. It could also be Litwin, but that could be one of your socks.

In the subforum Russia / Ukraine / Belarus you have >1500 anti-Russia topics created in the past two years, which is clearly propaganda spam, super likely a job duty.

It's none of your concern why my flag changes.

I know why your flag changes. A VPN. I have them also.

The question is: Why are you hiding your location on a debate site?

A: Because you don't want your true location known is why.

To dismiss the Jan 6th insurrection as a picnic because it doesn't rise to the level of other revolts is a sad joke... :cautious:

That MAGA/tRumpers are epic fails as revolutionaries doesn't lessen the intent, but I recall attempts to kill cops, hang the VP and overthrow the will of the people- so if it quacks like a duck... ✌️

Gee, I can also change my flag.

How about that!

Unlikely

Russia will not permit dissent in the Stans. We have seen the same with Belarus.
Eventually more of them will blow up again. Ukraine is the poster child for what Putin hates

Back
Top Bottom