• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Riot-Riddled Cities Aren't 'Donald Trump's America'

I'm not going to defend Wheeler on the micro-level, nor will I defend Trump on the macro-level.

Fair enough. I've seen you call out poor behavior on both sides. I truly believe a few of these mayors are in over their heads.

I also believe that the very first target of all these riots are local leadership, police, and officials.

oh but he has a solution. unfortunately he has to be asked by the democrat leaders in the riot cities to use it.
His leadership & unity skills have nothing to do with local government. That's what's missing. He doesn't bring us together. In fact, he divides us. He makes us worse as a people.

the top elected officials of the cities and states. Constitutionally, the President can do no more than he is doing.
Specifically, what would you have him do. ??
Provide leadership. Unify us. He can't do it.

Fair enough. I've seen you call out poor behavior on both sides. I truly believe a few of these mayors are in over their heads.

I also believe that the very first target of all these riots are local leadership, police, and officials.
Thanks.

Yeah, you might be right. Wheeler does seem over his head. And I will say this: I 110% decry violence, looting, rioting, or any such behaviour. I can see where for one initial night a city mayor might give the protesters some leeway, in an effort to let the situation diffuse itself. But there's no reason to allow this night after night. It's insane.

What actions would you take; how would you do that job?

I won't speak for the poster himself but to discontinue purposefully dividing us would be a good start. If you do not agree that Trump purposefully divides the American people you should not even be in this discussion. You would be too far behind already.

My God the man even turn masking up into a divisive political issue when it really has been and was a public health issue.

Donald Trump can't get a $100 loan from a US bank. Why would any of us think he could fix America?

I won't speak for the poster himself but to discontinue purposefully dividing us would be a good start. If you do not agree that Trump purposefully divides the American people you should not even be in this discussion. You would be too far behind already.

My God the man even turn masking up into a divisive political issue when it really has been and was a public health issue.

It's become common for persons to say what should not be done; or what should be done.. The challenge is that no one says HOW it should be done.. That is what I ask:
Exactly What and How would you accomplish what need be done.???
great day atcha' J

It's become common for persons to say what should not be done; or what should be done.. The challenge is that no one says HOW it should be done.. That is what I ask:
Exactly What and How would you accomplish what need be done.???
great day atcha' J

A GREAT START WOULD BE TO DISCONTINUE PURPOSEFULLY DIVIDING US UP.

Am I getting through to you. Start with that and get back to me when we have gotten at least that far.

A GREAT START WOULD BE TO DISCONTINUE PURPOSEFULLY DIVIDING US UP.

Am I getting through to you. Start with that and get back to me when we have gotten at least that far.

Maybe, I'm not asking in a clear manner ... what would You do to not divide us; to cprrect what You see as incorrect?.

Maybe, I'm not asking in a clear manner ... what would You do to not divide us; to cprrect what You see as incorrect?.

Geezus...I would stop the divisive rhetoric. I would stop taking every Tom, Dick and Larry opportunity to get us in a dog pile on the carpet tussle. It should be clear to all of you by now that Donald does it to gain an advantage for himself regardless of what it does to anybody else even if it hurts all of the rest of us. This is Donnie's MO. It has always been his MO from setting a plumbing contractor against a tile contractor and an electrical contractor against a rough carpenter to setting the USFL owners against each other in his bid to use the USFL as a stepping stone to an NFL franchise. Donnie did not get his NFL franchise did he....but he destroyed the USFL in the process.

I gave you one example already. Masking up should NEVER have been turned into a political tussle. Masking up to fight COVID is a public health issue. It took Donnie boy all of 10 seconds to turn it into a politically divisive issue with grave consequences.

In the most obvious example of this Donnie has taken the racial caste system that exists and has existed in this country for 400 odd years and he scratches open that scab every single day and then whines like a stuck pig when we cannot close the wound quickly enough.

Donald completely glosses over his failure to bring White Americans caught in the backwash of the American racial caste system along and improve their lives though they are a big part of his political base for example. Has he brought back coal jobs? NO, over four years, he has lost coal jobs. It was inevitable that he would lose coal jobs. Donnie is pushing on a rope and swimming upstream at the same time when it comes to fossil fuels. But that did not stop him from arguing that "the problem" with the coal industry was all these libs and their clean energy nonsense now did it? Are Whites in poverty stuck still living next to chemical plants and other environmental despoilers that ruin the water they have to drink and the air they have to breath.....THEY SURE AS CRAP ARE and we have gone backward, not forward in that regard.

Geezus...I would stop the divisive rhetoric. I would stop taking every Tom, Dick and Larry opportunity to get us in a dog pile on the carpet tussle. It should be clear to all of you by now that Donald does it to gain an advantage for himself regardless of what it does to anybody else even if it hurts all of the rest of us. This is Donnie's MO. It has always been his MO from setting a plumbing contractor against a tile contractor and an electrical contractor against a rough carpenter to setting the USFL owners against each other in his bid to use the USFL as a stepping stone to an NFL franchise. Donnie did not get his NFL franchise did he....but he destroyed the USFL in the process.

I gave you one example already. Masking up should NEVER have been turned into a political tussle. Masking up to fight COVID is a public health issue. It took Donnie boy all of 10 seconds to turn it into a politically divisive issue with grave consequences.

In the most obvious example of this Donnie has taken the racial caste system that exists and has existed in this country for 400 odd years and he scratches open that scab every single day and then whines like a stuck pig when we cannot close the wound quickly enough.

Donald completely glosses over his failure to bring White Americans caught in the backwash of the American racial caste system along and improve their lives though they are a big part of his political base for example. Has he brought back coal jobs? NO, over four years, he has lost coal jobs. It was inevitable that he would lose coal jobs. Donnie is pushing on a rope and swimming upstream at the same time when it comes to fossil fuels. But that did not stop him from arguing that "the problem" with the coal industry was all these libs and their clean energy nonsense now did it? Are Whites in poverty stuck still living next to chemical plants and other environmental despoilers that ruin the water they have to drink and the air they have to breath.....THEY SURE AS CRAP ARE and we have gone backward, not forward in that regard.

Appreciate knowing your feelings about the President.. It doesn't answer the question of how and what You would do with specific steps if possible..
Thanks for taking the time to make an attempt, at least you tried maybe the first.
The Presidency is a tough job for anyone.
nice night to you.

Appreciate knowing your feelings about the President.. It doesn't answer the question of how and what You would do with specific steps if possible..
Thanks for taking the time to make an attempt, at least you tried maybe the first.
The Presidency is a tough job for anyone.
nice night to you.

Because unless we get past divisive mess, nothing else is possible to repair the damage that has been done culturally, institutionally, socially, environmentally and economically and in every other way you can consider. We have to stop this nonsense of making enemies of each other and everybody else. I suspect that will get better without donnie boy around because he is so fixated on autocracy as a ruling
principle and as such totally infatuated with despots and autocrats that they are now the only "friends" of the American Government.

If we get that far, the Legislature has got to claw back the powers it has continually thrown over the wall to the Executive out of cowardice and a belief that the American people would never put a true autocrate at the head of the Executive Branch.

Next we have to build back institutions and finally we have to build back respect for the English Language which has gone entirely out the window in this country. We speak gibberish, gloss over the specific meaning of words as if words were just hung out there frivolously.

Words were invented. They are not toys we can just bandy about any way we want to try to make some absurd argument in some absurd manner. Mainly the difference in words is related to context and that understanding for language has been entirely lost in this country. Once enough of us know how to speak English again we can separate fact from opinion and alternative facts from actual facts. Can't blame immigrants for this. For Immigrants English tends to be a second language far harder to learn than any of the Romance languages. They often speak better English than we do. We can begin to teach civics again once we are all using a common dictionary. From there we may have a shot at getting back to the original aspirations that this country was founded upon. But until we stop acting like a bunch of dogs in a dog pile on the carpet, not much can happen to get better again.

The rage has existed since Hillary lost and #resist was declared. Also declared on Day One: #impeachnow #pushback.

Maxine Waters said that nobody in Trumps cabinet can eat dinner at a restaurant, and should be shouted down as unwelcome, and made to leave. "Get in their faces" is what she said. That's what we're seeing; democrat fueled violence.

Own it. Stop trying to blame-shift. It's dishonest hackery.

Try and recall what happened when Obama was first elected. The republicans treated him just as badly. McConnell even said his mission was to make him a one term president.

The difference between Obama's time and Trumps time are scandals. Trump has been bringing all this on himself since day one. Obama never had to hire a lawyer or pardon any of his buddies.

The rage has existed in the past, but it goes way back beyond Trump. Trump just doesn't know how to handle it. He makes it much, much worse than it has to be. He deflects blame to everyone but himself.

Back
Top Bottom