• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RIOT police arrest hot lady thats wearing a summer dress.

So you are saying they called all those police out there for one woman? You are full of it.What about the area behind that woman that the photograph does not show?

What indeed? They're wearing more body armour to face their neighbours and fellow citizens of Baton Rouge than soldiers in Iraq did. Did they name Baton Rouge after police billy clubs?

There was nobody to her right...

361DCC3800000578-0-image-a-11_1468203073817.jpg

According to the linked article, it was a beautiful dress like that in any way has relevance to the situation.

Are there no journalists anymore?

You got that right!

Yes, it looks like she's wearing a powerful police-repellent!

Ya, that Patchouli oil always did repel me! :2razz:

Where would she be hiding any weapons? They could have shot her just in case, I suppose. Does it need three heavily armored policemen to take out a girl in a summer dress?

Up her vagina....or do you think that isn't possible? :roll:

According to the linked article, it was a beautiful dress like that in any way has relevance to the situation.

Are there no journalists anymore?

It did not look bad, not exactly what I would suggest to wear to a protest if you believe there could be any trouble.

No one is accusing those two officers with mistreating her.

Rather, at a bare minimum it shows how militarized the police have become, in the face of peaceful protest. Do you really think that's a good thing?

There were only two. Perhaps that helps illustrate how much armor they were wearing.

Your take on this is without merit....and assholish.

It is the image, the photograph that carries the weight.

One unarmed young woman all alone face to face with a phalanx of armed storm troopers.

The photo makes the US look like any other highly militarized society.

And who's fault is that??? Certainly not the police!

It did not look bad, not exactly what I would suggest to wear to a protest if you believe there could be any trouble.

Maybe the protesters staged the whole thing.

Maybe the protesters staged the whole thing.

Or the girl values Fashion over other things, besides she might be on TV, a girl has got to look her best.

Why was she arrested?

Hmmmm, been thinking about if there is any lesson to be learned by this girls actions. How about that we require all marchers, any march for any organization or cause, must wear their Sunday best clothes, makes you wonder how that would change the tone of the entire march.

Police riot gear usually isn't bulletproof.

It's protection from blunt force trauma, like rocks or stones or baseball bats. And let's face it, it's also designed to intimidate people.

Police were showing up at protests in riot gear long before last week. It's standard issue, has been for years (if not decades).

What the photo really captures is the militarization of the current police, their desire for total control, and the fear the police have of the public -- even when it's just a woman in a sun dress.

Where you see total militarization and a desire for total control, I see cops protecting themselves after five were killed and 9 wounded at a similar demonstration. I don't see a woman in a sundress. I see a person who has decided not to obey a lawful order from law enforcement.

Funny, isn't it?

The only difference between this photo and the TS photo is that in the latter the authorities were riding in tanks. In this one they are on foot.

All the other dynamics are essentially the same--runaway government asserting its authority.

:roll:

Yeah....no.

Where you see total militarization and a desire for total control, I see cops protecting themselves after five were killed and 9 wounded at a similar demonstration. I don't see a woman in a sundress. I see a person who has decided not to obey a lawful order from law enforcement.

Funny, isn't it?

It's a great photo, no doubt. Calling it "iconic," however, and in particular waxing rhapsodic in attempting to compare this to Tiananmen Square makes me sick, just sick. Blech.

The beautiful woman's name is Leshia Evans. She traveled from NYC to participate in the protest, and the photographer, Johnathan Edwards, thinks she intended to be arrested.

Ieshia Evans: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

A Remarkable Photo of a Protestor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana - The Atlantic

Who Is Ieshia L. Evans? — 5 Things To Know About Baton Rouge Protestor In Dress - Hollywood Life

Rifles Drawn.

Not to accuse this author of having not the slightest damn clue what she's talking about or anything, but how, exactly, does one "draw" a rifle?

Vewy carefuwy.

Got to admit the optics are terrible!

You're missing the part about "proportional response" - she's clearly passive & unarmed! :doh

You're right.

Those cops should have sent some dapper gentleman out there, who should have offered his arm to the young lady, and he should have elegantly led her away. Hey, perhaps they could have piped in a beautiful waltz and the couple could have danced off the road.

:roll:

Hmmmm, been thinking about if there is any lesson to be learned by this girls actions. How about that we require all marchers, any march for any organization or cause, must wear their Sunday best clothes, makes you wonder how that would change the tone of the entire march.

Gee, that would mean that they would have to loot stores and steal nice clothes, to wear to the protest.

Funny, isn't it?

Ya, funny how you and i see it that way and Visbek sees it with different colored glasses.

Gee, that would mean that they would have to loot stores and steal nice clothes, to wear to the protest.
You would be surprised how well some people dress when they want to.

Well then she is way out of whack, because none of the cops in this picture are even so much as crayoning.

That does not get covered until next semester.

Back
Top Bottom