• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Riot erupts in French town as veiled woman claims police brutality[W:125:219]

Re: Riot erupts in French town as veiled woman claims police brutality[W:125]

O
I personally would like to see how the European Court of Human Rights is going to rule on this issue in the S.A.S. v.France case.
wanna bet its gonna take these laws down?

Comment shortened for spacial purposes.

Nudity laws are there for a reason. I shouldn't be forced to "not look" every time I walk by a nude person. It's bad enough there are femnazis who walk with an semi-exposed chest which will tear at you if they think you took a glimpse at that. Let's not venture into the absurd. It's a dangerous place. Nudity laws are good, let's keep them. You don't like them, go to the amazon rainforest. there are a few tribes there who have no problem with nudity. In the civilized world, we do.

I don't see priests wearing a priest cloth in their free time. They go to the store dressed like normal people. They can also go to the store dressed like priests. But it's not mandated of them to dress in a particular fashion by their religion.

Again, you need to understand that the law bans all FACIAL APPAREL THAT COVERS UP YOUR FACE. That's the key issue there. Does the jewish hat cover your face? no. Good.

And no, believing in God is not a sign of crazy. Believing in God and having him talk back to you is. That's why people who claim they can talk to God like you and I can are hospitalized.

If you treat the burka as a religious piece, then whenever you are wearing it you are performing a religious ceremony. It's that simple. That means that muslim women who wear the burka in public are constantly in process of a religious ceremony, which is insanity. Wearing the cross or the jewish hat is not like that. Wearing a cross does not make you enter a religious ceremony. It's just an accessory.

So if you don't treat the burka like a religious piece but like an accessory, then there is no problem. It's accessory that's no more important than any other facial apparel and it's banned. End of discussion.

And I couldn't care what the court of human rights dictates. It's a court that has long lost any validity and credibility to it.

Re: Riot erupts in French town as veiled woman claims police brutality[W:125]

Nudity laws are there for a reason. I shouldn't be forced to "not look" every time I walk by a nude person. It's bad enough there are femnazis who walk with an semi-exposed chest which will tear at you if they think you took a glimpse at that. Let's not venture into the absurd. It's a dangerous place. Nudity laws are good, let's keep them. You don't like them, go to the amazon rainforest. there are a few tribes there who have no problem with nudity. In the civilized world, we do.

Again you sound exactly like Muslim extremists who want to cover people up for what you consider indecent instead of not looking. in the westren world laws and offense against nudity seem to be governed by religious belief, in the United Kingdom being naked is not unlawful nor is it so in certain US states where its protected as part of freedom of expression.

I don't see priests wearing a priest cloth in their free time. They go to the store dressed like normal people. They can also go to the store dressed like priests. But it's not mandated of them to dress in a particular fashion by their religion.

Priests do not stop practicing their religion when they are out of their uniform, they still observe its teachings at all times to the best of their ability hence they are called religious, and they do observe its dress code, I've never seen a naked priest or nun some of whom observe the hair cover at all times.

Again, you need to understand that the law bans all FACIAL APPAREL THAT COVERS UP YOUR FACE. That's the key issue there. Does the jewish hat cover your face? no. Good.

Again laws can be tailored to make a kippah illegal while applying the ban on all similar hats, which you do understand but seem to ignore because you want to infringe on people's religious rights. As you have been arguing and as the politicians who brought the law more or less admitted, the ban is written to target Muslim women while being politically correct about it, doesn't work though am pretty sure its going to be struck down.

And no, believing in God is not a sign of crazy. Believing in God and having him talk back to you is. That's why people who claim they can talk to God like you and I can are hospitalized.

So you believe belief in religion which usually involves a man speaking to God and the latter answering back stupid? or do you make exceptions for those religious figures?

If you treat the burka as a religious piece, then whenever you are wearing it you are performing a religious ceremony.
No more than wearing a kippah or a head cover if you're a nun in terms of clothing or observing the moral code and teachings of the bible when you are out of church.

It's that simple. That means that muslim women who wear the burka in public are constantly in process of a religious ceremony, which is insanity. Wearing the cross or the jewish hat is not like that. Wearing a cross does not make you enter a religious ceremony. It's just an accessory.

Wearing a kippah is like that, no differently than observing kosher laws or halal laws every time when eating. Wearing a cross is as I wrote an expression of belief.

And I couldn't care what the court of human rights dictates. It's a court that has long lost any validity and credibility to it.

That doesn't really surprise me, though a far cry from your earlier post in which you are talking about your civilized laws and how they need to be applied.

Back
Top Bottom