• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rio de Janeiro is highlighting everything that’s wrong with the Olympics

It's fun. Same reason people watch other major sports events.

Fallen.

Corrupt organization, country full of schmutz, drugged athletes.... Keep it. I see no fun in that.

Corrupt organization, country full of schmutz, drugged athletes.... Keep it. I see no fun in that.

:shrug: Well you can watch some e-sports instead, or some other stuff that you find fun...

Fallen.

Well lets be fair here...London had all that, just no Zika Virus Problem. Bejing had it all also, just no Zika Virus problem.

I have not liked the IOCs fest for a very long time. When medals are withdrawn after years and millions are used to bribe officials? Naw. If you like that kind of stuff, fine and be my guest. But I find it rather sad how many people support that kind of schmutz by watching.

:shrug: Well you can watch some e-sports instead, or some other stuff that you find fun...

Fallen.

Naw. I'll take a walk in the early evening breeze down by the sea.

Naw. I'll take a walk in the early evening breeze down by the sea.

That's a strange way of saying that you'll be searching for pokemon.

Why is this even on network tv? We have a ton of sports channels now, where this would fit nicely.

Choose your sport then. Gymnastics. Swimming. Weightlifting. Biking. Dumb.

Womens USA soccer and mens USA basketball? Awesome. Cant get enough especially womens soccer. Get to watch minor sports like archery... fencing... skeet shooting. Great stuff. No drugs. Organization irrelevant. Just sports.

Why is this even on network tv? We have a ton of sports channels now, where this would fit nicely.

Here it is only on cable sports channels. They opened about 10 channels so i get everything going on. 12 channels... just checked.water polo. Field hockey. Table tennis. Mens usa basketball. Futball. Rugby sevens. Weightlifting. Gymnastics. Boxing. Handball. All on plus more right now.

I don't understand what drives people to watch the thing and going there would seem stupid.

These are supposed to be the best each country has to offer.

Americans take it for granted that their athletes will win but for smaller countries, they are excited to see somebody from their home that places or, God forbid, wins.

For example the swimming I just watched. I knew that most of the time the American swimmers will either win place or show. That did happen most of the time, even Michel Phelps won again.

I am watching it on ESPN and Fox Sports.

Back
Top Bottom