• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rio 2016 Olympic event discussion thread [W:13]

I only saw the medal match but the Koreans were damned impressive.

They shot 4 59s and 1 60 through the competition. Lights out.

By the way, are you staying dry down there? Also, terrible news about Zach Hermilla.

By the way, are you staying dry down there? Also, terrible news about Zach Hermilla.

It's a little damp down here right now. Came down like crazy for about half an hour around 9:30. Got a call from a buddy who was out golfing at the time. He didn't stay dry.:lol:

The Hemilla thing is just weird. There's no good reason to wake up dead at 22 years old.

Travis Stevens (USA) beat the #1 to go to the gold metal match in Judo (w.e weight class they are).

uC9MMpG.jpg

Our swim team this year is rocking it big time. the men and the women. They are bringing in gold medals left and right.
I think our girls gymnastic team is doing really well to.

waiting for them to start the track and field events and things.

Team gb shock the South Africans in the rugby 7s

Ireland wins a medal!!!

Rio 2016 - Day Seven | The Irish Times

We still have good chances for gold in Women's Boxing (Katie Taylor) and Golf (Pádraig Harrington)

I was talking to a buddy at poker the other night about who has won what and realized that Mexico hasn't won anything yet. I may have pissed him off when I suggested that all their best swimmers were here already.

As an aside, it's quite a surprise that the Women's soccer is out.

Ledecky just won the 800m freestyle by about 801 meters.

Yea she is like the female version of phelps.
She is just destroying the competition.

I have yet to watch a minute of gymnastics or swimming.

Just can't, NBC coverage is so bad.

I caught a glimpse of a boxing match at a bar. Remember when you used to actually see boxing on the olympics?

NBC just wants a soap opera.

That was amazing to watch. She had damned near half a pool on second place and won by something like 11 seconds.

Brady Ellison lost by one point a shootoff with one of the Koreans to lose in the semis-He then easily won the bronze. With the new system, its a real crap shoot. Up until 1988, you shot 288 arrows-total score won and the best archer invariably won-in 72, 76, and 84, the winner was not really challenged. Now with this set system, you can outshoot someone and still lose. its to make the sport more TV friendly. Same with the skeet and trap. When I was competing, we shot 200 targets and then the top 6 shot another 25-top score won but if two shooters had the same total, the final round was the tie breaker. Now (for the women) they only shoot 75 targets and the top 6 shoot 16 targets and the scores all start at 0. The top two shoot for gold, the next two for bronze. so you can shoot a 75 X75 and a pair of 15/16s and theoretically lose to someone who missed several more targets

That was amazing to watch. She had damned near half a pool on second place and won by something like 11 seconds.

yeah she has the perfect build for swimming (Like Phelps) she's about 6 feet tall. I just heard an interview with her-she comes off as far more mature than 19. She is headed to Stanford in a couple weeks-I suspect she will not only win a ton of NCAA titles but graduate with a pretty solid GPA.

I've watched swimming, water polo, tennis and basketball. Didn't think I'd find swimming the most enjoyable to watch so far. The US basketball team keeps almost ****ting the bed with their defense and insistence on isos. Figured the US wouldn't do so well in water polo, least not the men's team.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Only to be humiliated by Fiji!

I love Britfail.

not really a humiliation losing to the kings of 7's, they went 40 game unbeaten at one point this year. Silver is a great result for GB and we are currently third on the medal table, how are Ireland getting on ;)

American women lose in women's soccer. Canadian women win in women's soccer.

All is right in the world.

American women lose in women's soccer. Canadian women win in women's soccer.

All is right in the world.

Lots of us Americans aren't feeling too bad. The women's soccer team gets a lot more press than more worthy athletes. and they are sore losers. BTW. Stevie J and the Sockster beat Popsicle and Nestor for the bronze. Don't know if that was an upset but Nestor has won more titles than probably the rest of the field in terms of doubles. Sort of glad Nadal won one for his good friend. Looks like both US mixed teams are into the medal rounds as well.

Back
Top Bottom