• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right wingers, do you want trump to run in 2024?

• I am not right wing, I just want to see the poll

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Yes, God yes, run trump, run

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No, I would prefer a non-trump Republican

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
he won't win again, but him running might prevent a Trump 2.0 with more brains and political savvy from running, which to me would be scarier.

1) Intellect is a deficit in being a Republican leader. The dumber you are, the further you get. A modern Republican contest is two idiots trying to out-stupid each other.

2) You're underestimating the Republicans' willingness and ability to cheat. On paper, Republicans should never win another election. In reality, they're probably going to take back the House in 2022.

How about this guy?

Classic liberal, as used, was a term from the time of Voltaire , I believe, so no.
Got anything to say about the description of liberalism I posted? Anything about it that offends you?

The republican party, if they are going to have a chance in next election, needs a young (with US messurements) and carismatic representive, like a Republican Obama(and noooo, I am not talking about Obamas' skincolor....), that can challenge Trump as the party's nominee. He/She is yet to be found.
The Democrats need that candidate too. Remains to be seen if Harris is the one but for sure both parties need to leave the bumbling geriatrics behind.
And the Republicans need to drop the rabble-rousing. It's just going to narrow their support base further.

From, or to, a Canadian, not at all.
Why? Do you think It's an American issue? Do you think liberalism and conservatism were invented in the US?

So, whom do you like in the GOP right now? I'm not a Republican, but my friends who are like Ben Sasse.

I will not vote GOP again, at any level, until I am confident Trumpism has been flushed out of the system.

Rick DeSantis or Greg Abbott would kick any Democrat's butt.

Either of those two dictators would be framed as a younger version of donald trump. The result would be similar to this:

Hey Republicans, if you want to know if it's a smart idea to run Trump in 2024, consider this: remember how motivated you were to make sure Clinton never became President? Well, we're four times more motivated to make sure Trump never gets a second term. Because while you hate Clinton, we're terrified of Trump. Sure, I know, that gets a "sweet liberal tears" reaction out of you. But remember how motivating a force fear is when it comes to election turnout.

I'm out on the left side and I would love to see anus tangerinus run again. He'd get his 35% and D's would win the presidency, the Senate, and the House.
I can't believe anyone who lived through the 2016 campaign and the ensuing 4 years would say something like this, even jokingly. Trump presided over possibly the partisan and lawless administration in our history, the death of hundreds of thusands of citizens, a collapsed economy and still managed to make it a close race in 2020. Put him against a weak Biden or a semi-unlikable Harris campaign and his chances of winning are pretty far from 0.

I can't believe anyone who lived through the 2016 campaign and the ensuing 4 years would say something like this, even jokingly. Trump presided over possibly the partisan and lawless administration in our history, the death of hundreds of thusands of citizens, a collapsed economy and still managed to make it a close race in 2020. Put him against a weak Biden or a semi-unlikable Harris campaign and his chances of winning are pretty far from 0.
He lost by more than 7 million votes. He is under criminal and civil judicial actions. And he's a bigger fool today than on 1.21.21.

Bring him on.

semi-unlikable Harris

The woman is totally unelectable.

Biden is a shoe in if he decided to run again.

Will the cheating Trumpists make it close electorially? Maybe.

Trump is hated by over 50% of the county. Another 20% find him vulgar. 30% literally worship him in a rather disturbing cult adoration way.
No way in hell those numbers get him elected without some serious fraud. I am not saying it's not possible. Far fewer republicans will do the right thing less election so Democracy very well could end.
Tes, teh only way for TRump to be elected in 2024 is by ending democracy.

Or would you prefer some Republican governor of a large state like Texas or Florida?

Or any Republican, other than Trump?

No...not Trump or Chris Christi, who reminds me of Trump.

He lost by more than 7 million votes. He is under criminal and civil judicial actions. And he's a bigger fool today than on 1.21.21.

Bring him on.
He lost by millions of votes in 2016 also. But he still became president. Unfortunately, total number of votes means absolute dick.

He lost by millions of votes in 2016 also. But he still became president. Unfortunately, total number of votes means absolute dick.
I've seen a path for about 20.5% of the popular vote electing a President.

So who do you want to run? Are your picks better?
We have 330 million people. Of the portion that are adults, my bet is that a majority of them could do better.

Neither is bridge construction, but the government still builds 'em.

That's the problem, the federal govt is not authorized by law for:

"health care, environmental protection, social justice, industrial policy, climate change, criminal justice reform, energy"

Those are arguably state functions.

Sad thing is, I don't think Trump really believes any of it. I think his whole schtick...
I agree, I don't think he really believes it. But Trump was a strange bird, his system of beliefs seemed fluid and contradictory...he could believe two opposing things at the same time and think it was fine.
I really think he pushed the fraud as a way in losing, to stoke anger against Democrats and to cushion the blow and say "we didn't really lose, they just cheated".

The danger is that Trumpism messes up the gop vote. There are a % of republicans who are hard core 'Trumpers' that some gop candidates feel the need to pursue. They do that via Trump style attitudes/actions/rhetoric as we have seen with RdS etc. Then there are a large number of republican voters who deplore the craziness of Trumpism. They may not vote, or even vote against if they percieve a 2nd coming of Trump either directly or by proxy. The silly thing is that a strong centrist republican candidate who pushes respect and sanity would very likely win in 2024, but Trumpism will likely prevent that person from getting the prime position in the party. The 'good' news is that Biden will be too old, and Harris is a poor candidate.

Rick DeSantis or Greg Abbott would kick any Democrat's butt. Kamala Harris or 2nd term Joe? Don't make me laugh.

"Rick DeSantis"? lol, you might want to get the clowns name right first before you vote for him...ahh never mind you'll vote for any turd with an R next to their name.

Plenty. In fact, I would venture to say "most", as in I think more elected Republican politicians believe Donald Trump lost fair and square than those who truly believe the election was stolen from him. But right now, most of them are also utter moral cowards too afraid of their base and Donald Trump to say anything that contradicts Donald Trump's baseless, pathological mendacity.

I'd go even further: Donald Trump is fully aware he lost the election fair and square, but he'll never admit it because he himself admits he doesn't like to lose. it's easier for him to rile up gullible idiots and attempt to tear this country down than to admit he lost a guy he called "the worst presidential candidate ever". Plus, since 2012 at least, Trump has called every election result he doesn't like "fraudulent" or "stolen". Happened when Obama beat Romney in 2012, happened when Cruz won Iowa in 2016, happened when Clinton won the popular vote, happened when he lost to Biden, is happening now with Elder obviously going to lose.

Or would you prefer some Republican governor of a large state like Texas or Florida?

Or any Republican, other than Trump?

Interesting results.

Or any Republican, other than Trump?.

The person is not important, their role is.

The political system presently consists of people, who functionally are sociopaths, lying to the voters whilst simultaneously attempting to convince them that going beyond the frames they have set is uncouth and dangerous. This sad state of affairs is further deteriorating a little bit year by year. Hillary especially embodied this, with her "deplorable" comments and obvious contempt for people she considered beneath her, even though she was not all that far from the norm of a modern politician.
The voters were tired of that, so when Trump came along and told the establishment to go f*** itself, people voted for him.

Trump may be gone, but the factors that got him elected are not. So there will be another Trump. And another, and another, until the system either reforms or comes crashing down in ruins.
And that is fine by me. Taking a chance on possible disaster is preferable to slow, inevitable decay. There can be no balance without pushback.

Back
Top Bottom