• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right wingers, do you want trump to run in 2024?

• I am not right wing, I just want to see the poll

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Yes, God yes, run trump, run

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • No, I would prefer a non-trump Republican

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Other, specify below

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
Rick DeSantis or Greg Abbott would kick any Democrat's butt. Kamala Harris or 2nd term Joe? Don't make me laugh.
Abbott? Seriously? LOL!!!!!! Please let him be the nominee.

Sad to say, but I cannot think of any Republican policies. They got nothing for health care, environmental protection, foreign policy, social justice, industrial policy, climate change, criminal justice reform, energy - the list goes on and on and on.
They will run on pro life and lower taxes, same thing as the past 40 years. They haven't had a new idea since Eisenhower.

I would prefer a Republican who, at minimum, actually believes in our democratic institutions to run. Not one who after losing says that our entire system of government is a sham meant to keep him out of power and gins up his followers to tear it all down.

I don't want Trump to run, although I think he did about as good as one could have hoped. He saved the supreme court and he didn't start any new wars.

I guess I like DeSantis the best. Like Trump, DeSantis is a mixed bag, but he seems to be a pretty good politician, and by good politician I mean a good liar. That matters, because lying is an extremely valuable skill in politics.

All of them will vote no in the poll here, but vote for Trump anyway on election day.
I absolutely agree. I'm certain there are members here who voted for him and lied about it. But how can you expect honesty from a trump voter?

I chose other. Trump is too old. We clearly do not need any more leaders that belong in a nursing home running this country into the ground. I would rather see more young people running this country. Not only in the White House but Congress as well. The first order of business would be to get rid of the 35 years old limit. Why are we discriminating against people who are in their prime for people who are so old they are not sure of their own name.
Why does it matter if they are in their physical prime? A 45 year old man has better nerves, better judgment, and more compassion than he did at 35. In other words, the 45 year old version of any person will almost certainly be more suited for the role of the presidency than the 35 year old version of the same person. I'd say the limit needs to be raised to at least 45.

Doesn't really matter since the GOP doesn't really have any policies beyond giving ever more tax breaks to the rich and blindly obstructing and dismissing any proposed Democrat policies out of hand.
We only dismiss out of hand stupid liberal policies. The smart ones we can get behind.

I absolutely agree. I'm certain there are members here who voted for him and lied about it. But how can you expect honesty from a trump voter?
I voted for Trump and I would do it again if its a choice between him and Biden. With a clean slate, i think there are better choices out there.

I would prefer a Republican who, at minimum, actually believes in our democratic institutions to run. Not one who after losing says that our entire system of government is a sham meant to keep him out of power and gins up his followers to tear it all down.
Anyone listening to Trump describe American institutions would swear he's the most anti-American American since Ted Kaczinski.or Timothy Macveigh. The intelligence agencies, the judiciary, the electoral system, everything is corrupt.

Yes, I do. I've been liberal all my life and I know very well what it means.
Back to the question- do you know what liberalism means?

Yes, I do. I've been liberal all my life and I know very well what it means.
Back to the question- do you know what liberalism means?
Of course I do. Read my self description of "Classic Liberal". Look that up if you must. These Johnny come lately wanna be's are not liberals, and they've bastardized the meaning of the word.

Anyone listening to Trump describe American institutions would swear he's the most anti-American American since Ted Kaczinski.or Timothy Macveigh. The intelligence agencies, the judiciary, the electoral system, everything is corrupt.
You could certainly argue they have been politicized.

We saw the private conversations two FBI employees were having on their government phones about preventing Trump from becoming president and how stupid Trump supporters were. We saw the fradulent FISA applications that were filed to go after his campaign team.
We also saw an official marine corp social media page taking partisan swipes against Tucker Carlson a private citizen.
We saw the IRS under Obama going after conservative non profits.
We remember the Justice Department under Obama going after legitimate businesses with Operation Choke Point.
I think Trump goes too far on some of his criticism but they aren't completely without merit.

I voted for Trump and I would do it again if its a choice between him and Biden. With a clean slate, i think there are better choices out there.
Well, I did the opposite, but appreciate your honesty.

Of course I do. Read my self description of "Classic Liberal". Look that up if you must. These Johnny come lately wanna be's are not liberals, and they've bastardized the meaning of the word.
Classical liberal. And you identify as conservative.
Classical liberal is a term invented by conservatives who suddenly realized that the Founding Fathers they revere were liberals.
This definition works for me. It pretty much describes the political philosophy I've held all my life, and all other liberals too.

"Liberalism is a political and moral philosophy based on liberty, consent of the governed and equality before the law. Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but they generally support individual rights (including civil rights and human rights), democracy, secularism, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and a market economy."

Anyone who's ideology strays far from that definition isn't a liberal, I don't care what you, he or anyone else says.

Edit- just curious, if these johnny-come-latelys aren't liberals, why do you call them liberals? Sounds like you're confused.

Last edited:

Or would you prefer some Republican governor of a large state like Texas or Florida?

Or any Republican, other than Trump?

I read about this today. The support from within the GOP is down considerably for this bitch.

Not surprisingly, college educated republicans show only 38% in favor of him to run again.

We saw the private conversations two FBI employees were having on their government phones about preventing Trump from becoming president and how stupid Trump supporters were. We saw the fradulent FISA applications that were filed to go after his campaign team.
We also saw an official marine corp social media page taking partisan swipes against Tucker Carlson a private citizen.
We remember the Justice Department under Obama going after legitimate businesses with Operation Choke Point.
I think Trump goes too far on some of his criticism but they aren't completely without merit.
So corruption has become that rife in America?
Is there any coming back or is the America your father knew hopelessly lost?

But why? Biden vs Trump is good vs evil. I am a life long republican, I feel morally obligated to reject TRump and all that would empower him. I will not vote for any republican for any office until Trump is gone.

My country comes before my political beliefs.

A case of selective outrage I see.

This is a know symptom of TRumpism.

As a political doctor my advise to to lay off Fox and get some sleep.

Back
Top Bottom