• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right-wing protesters gather outside Portland, adding to tensions

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

X524G4HRPQI6VABFLU2IS5UKZA.jpg

9/7/20
SALEM, Ore. — More than 1,000 supporters of President Trump, including some aligned with white nationalist extremist groups, gathered in northwest Oregon on Monday night in a show of force against left-wing protesters, creating even more tension in a region that has been rocked by weeks of protests. Armed with rifles, pistols, knives and clubs, the far-right demonstrators at one point charged into a smaller group of liberal counterprotesters, knocking at least one activist to the ground. The event’s organizers said their “Oregon For Trump 2020 Labor Day Cruise Rally” was designed to show support for the president. The crowd, which initially gathered in a community college parking lot in Oregon City, Ore., about 30 minutes from downtown Portland, included armed people wearing bulletproof vests or shirts bearing the name of Aaron “Jay” Danielson, the slain supporter of the far-right group Patriot Prayer. There were also families with young children and adherents of the QAnon conspiracy theory. Some identified themselves as members of the Proud Boys, a self-identified western chauvinist group that the FBI has said has ties to white nationalism.

Far-right/white-supremacist supporters of Donald Trump looking to instigate violence in Portland.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Trump campaign paid these goons to go to Multnomah County.

Double standard much?...lol

It is beyond dispute that most "protests" or really riots are on the left, not the right. If those are not brought within the realm of law right wingers are not going to just sit there. This has the potential for becoming the Shootout at the OK Corral (link) if the protests/riots are not brought under control.

shootout.jpg

Far-right/white-supremacist supporters of Donald Trump looking to instigate violence in Portland.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Trump campaign paid these goons to go to Multnomah County.

Anyone else catch the irony of this OP & thread?

X524G4HRPQI6VABFLU2IS5UKZA.jpg

I doubt he paid anyone, but there is no question whose side he's on:

Trump praises right-wing supporters, rails against protesters after unrest in Portland

President Donald Trump on Sunday praised a pro-Trump caravan of activists whose presence appeared to contribute to violent clashes Saturday in Portland, Oregon.

The day after a man was shot and killed in confrontations between Black Lives Matter protesters and Trump supporters in Portland, he assailed only the anti-racism demonstrators.

It is beyond dispute that most "protests" or really riots are on the left, not the right. If those are not brought within the realm of law right wingers are not going to just sit there. This has the potential for becoming the Shootout at the OK Corral (link) if the protests/riots are not brought under control.

shootout.jpg

this is absolutely true. anyone who did not see this coming need to check their perception of reality.

all the mayor has to do is ask Trump to help and send in NG.

this is absolutely true. anyone who did not see this coming need to check their perception of reality.

All Trump has to do is acknowledge their pain and cry, offer some words of solidarity and comfort, etc...rather than further insult, threaten, and delegitimize them. He might be surprised how effective that might be in quieting the riots. When someone is already hurting and in pain, that can really further piss them off.

But of course, Trump is not interested in quoting the riots. It is more politically advantageous for him to stir it up.

All Trump has to do is acknowledge their pain and cry, offer some words of solidarity and comfort, etc...rather than further insult, threaten, and delegitimize them. He might be surprised how effective that might be in quieting the riots. When someone is already hurting and in pain, that can really further piss them off.

But of course, Trump is not interested in quoting the riots. It is more politically advantageous for him to stir it up.

Antifa didn’t execute a man on the sidewalk because they’re “hurting and in pain.” We’re talking about people who are out there because they want wholesale destruction of American civilization to be replaced by either anarchy or communism depending on who you ask.

What in the world is the matter with right-wing protesters? They should know only the left-wing protesters are sanctioned and are left alone to carry on. And only one activist was knocked to the ground? they should know by now in order to protest properly you need smash, loot and burn.

Antifa didn’t execute a man on the sidewalk because they’re “hurting and in pain.” We’re talking about people who are out there because they want wholesale destruction of American civilization to be replaced by either anarchy or communism depending on who you ask.

Many of the most dangerous ones in there are right wingers.

Can you explain to us why the FBI considers right wing terror groups as dangerous as Islamic terrorism, but not “antifa”?

Homeland Security Digital Library

Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were the Real Threat at George Floyd Protests, Not “Antifa”

Can't a governor call in the NG without Trump's permission?

I know/think the governor in Wisconsin did. (Of course, that doesn't stop Trump for taking the credit for it but whatever. That's Trump.)

I'm serious, can't a governor summon the NG without Trump's approval? Anybody know?

Sounds to me like Trump can't call in the NG without the state governor's approval first. How does all that work?

Regardless, the more violence Trump can muster in the streets, the higher his approval ratings go. We ALL know that Trump would burn Portland down if he thought it would get him more votes.

Can't a governor call in the NG without Trump's permission?

I know/think the governor in Wisconsin did. (Of course, that doesn't stop Trump for taking the credit for it but whatever. That's Trump.)

I'm serious, can't a governor summon the NG without Trump's approval? Anybody know?

Sounds to me like Trump can't call in the NG without the state governor's approval first. How does all that work?

Regardless, the more violence Trump can muster in the streets, the higher his approval ratings go. We ALL know that Trump would burn Portland down if he thought it would get him more votes.

Yes, a governor can summon the National Guard in an emergency.

About Us ‹ Army National Guard

Trump loves the violence. So do his supporters. It gives them a reason to complain about black people.

Yes, a governor can summon the National Guard in an emergency.

About Us ‹ Army National Guard

Trump loves the violence. So do his supporters. It gives them a reason to complain about black people.

So the message is that local and State Democratic leaders aren’t doing anything to stop the violence that Trump loves?

So the message is that local and State Democratic leaders aren’t doing anything to stop the violence that Trump loves?

Ask them. I don't have any insight into what the "local and State Democratic leaders" are doing.

Ask them. I don't have any insight into what the "local and State Democratic leaders" are doing.

here's a newsflash... nothing except mouthing off. certainly nowhere near as much as they SHOULD be doing.

Back
Top Bottom