• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right now, I just wanna talk about anything BUT...

Goshin

Burned Out Ex-Mod
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
... politics.

Movies. Music. Art. SpaceX. People doing stupid people stuff. Dogs and cats doing funny dog and cat stuff.

ANYTHING except politics. Dear and fluffy National Enquirer, it's gotten ridiculous.

Hardly anybody really likes the lineup we had or the choices we've ended up with. So many are succumbing to posting hyper-partisan drivel and hysterical nonsense, tinfoil-hat conspiracies and 4th-grade level insults. It's incredibly tiresome.

It's months until the election. Until we're a few weeks from the vote, I'm (trying) to take a break from partisan politics, candidate-related discussions and suchlike. I tend to prefer to discuss ideas and policy rather than personalities anyway.

So.... got a non-partisan subject of interest? Have at it.

I do a lot of driving... see a lot of stupid maneuvers on the roads.

My chief beef on the road is the Klingons that won't get off Uranus...

But sometimes you see cool church signs driving around...

klingonchurch.jpg

I was disappointed by the Dawn of Justice movie but have you seen the trailer for the new Justice Leage movie? Looks fun.

I was disappointed by the Dawn of Justice movie but have you seen the trailer for the new Justice Leage movie? Looks fun.

Cool, I hadn't seen that trailer yet. It does look promising.

I was never impressed with Aquaman... but Holey Hannah, I never thought they'd cast Jason Momoa in that role! He might actually be able to bring some Badass to the character...

I saw the new Ghostbusters. I liked it.

People whose opinions on movies I trust are telling me the same thing. They say it is much better than the trailer makes it seem. Which is good, because the trailer did NOT impress me.

Yeah? I'll catch it when it comes out on cable... I don't get to the theater as much as I used to, working too many hours. I've actually missed quite a few movies I wanted to see on the big screen.

Did anybody see Independence Day 2? Was it any good? The reviews were mostly pretty negative...

People whose opinions on movies I trust are telling me the same thing. They say it is much better than the trailer makes it seem. Which is good, because the trailer did NOT impress me.

It was quite funny. Melissa McCarthy is a gem, and Chris Hemsworth as a numbskull receptionist...great.

Yeah? I'll catch it when it comes out on cable... I don't get to the theater as much as I used to, working too many hours. I've actually missed quite a few movies I wanted to see on the big screen.

Did anybody see Independence Day 2? Was it any good? The reviews were mostly pretty negative...

I generally don't go to many movies, but my friend works for the theater and they allow two of his friends to come in for free.

I'm seeing the Star Trek movie this afternoon. Fried catfish first. Yum!

... politics.

Movies. Music. Art. SpaceX. People doing stupid people stuff. Dogs and cats doing funny dog and cat stuff.

ANYTHING except politics. Dear and fluffy National Enquirer, it's gotten ridiculous.

Hardly anybody really likes the lineup we had or the choices we've ended up with. So many are succumbing to posting hyper-partisan drivel and hysterical nonsense, tinfoil-hat conspiracies and 4th-grade level insults. It's incredibly tiresome.

It's months until the election. Until we're a few weeks from the vote, I'm (trying) to take a break from partisan politics, candidate-related discussions and suchlike. I tend to prefer to discuss ideas and policy rather than personalities anyway.

View attachment 67204708

I do a lot of driving as well. I just don't understand why people have to drive like such idiots.

I saw ID2. I didn't care for it. And I really liked the first one. It blows lots of stuff up like the first one but it lacks the campy fun.

I am using your line tomorrow at work

I got into it with a fellow employee over Trump

this guy is an awesome person but he is passionate about Trump...he loves him, he thinks Trump will not only save your country but the world...

like a dumb ass I argued...that was so stupid of me

tomorrow I am using your line

I might have to take cake with me too... :mrgreen: :peace

so my post is about cake

I love cake

I generally don't go to many movies, but my friend works for the theater and they allow two of his friends to come in for free.

I hear ya. Back in the day I had a good friend who was assistant manager at a theater. Saw LOTS of free movies. :)

I saw ID2. I didn't care for it. And I really liked the first one. It blows lots of stuff up like the first one but it lacks the campy fun.

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing. Sequel-itis, a buddy called it... they go to cash in on the name with bigger better FX and stuff, but lose the things that made the first movie great.

I'm gonna do a full-custom watercooling loop for my computer and trick it out with UV lighting and some decals and stuff. I think the project will be fun.

... politics.

View attachment 67204708

Ha! Trump! Clinton! Right wing! Benghazi! E-mails! Nixon's Southern Strategy!

(sorry - couldn't resist)

But more to the subject of your OP, when I was working for immigration, I saw a job posting on USAjobs.gov for someone who could speak Klingon. The job posting was from a mental institution in Oregon.

I'm gonna do a full-custom watercooling loop for my computer and trick it out with UV lighting and some decals and stuff. I think the project will be fun.

Ok but you've got to post pics when you're done. :D

I am using your line tomorrow at work

I got into it with a fellow employee over Trump

this guy is an awesome person but he is passionate about Trump...he loves him, he thinks Trump will not only save your country but the world...

like a dumb ass I argued...that was so stupid of me

tomorrow I am using your line

I might have to take cake with me too... :mrgreen: :peace

so my post is about cake

I love cake

Take some of Granny's tonic.

was flipping radio stations early yesterday morning. Came across a car repair talk show just as they were talking about how when you go from 200 to 70 your brakes get red hot. Apparently I'd missed the part that they were talking about NASCAR.

was flipping radio stations early yesterday morning. Came across a car repair talk show just as they were talking about how when you go from 200 to 70 your brakes get red hot. Apparently I'd missed the part that they were talking about NASCAR.

Don't tell me you tested the theory on the freeway. LOL!

... politics.

View attachment 67204708

Back
Top Bottom