• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rigged U.S. Supreme Court

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
How do you feel about the U.S. Supreme Court? I consider Justices Thomas, Alito and Kavanaugh as scumbags. I also don’t have a good opinion about Justices Gorsuch or Barrett.

Amy Coney Barrett and her husband belong to a religious cult. Clarance Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh faced serious accusations of making inappropriate sexual advances. Thomas’ wife, Tinni Ginni, aligned herself with insurrectionists. Sam Alito makes speeches to highly partisan clubs promoting a Conservative agenda.

If, like me, you hold the current U.S. Supreme Court in low regard, how do you propose we do something to affect positive changes?

A former Anti-abortionist evangelist explains what he did behind the scenes for decades for inside influence.

The conservative justices are quite adept at cherry picking whatever historical references (quoting Matthew Hale per the Dobbs decision for example) they can find that will support the conclusion they started with and call it originalism. They are doing this out of a desire to reshape American society in their image.

All of this stems from a desire to hold onto ideals are no longer necessary or are well adapted to the modern age where we have advanced technology and a primarily urban culture.

I think we can make the SCOTUS less political by changing the lifetime tenure provision. If Justices were required to rotate out of the court, then there is less possibility of a justice "hanging on" until they get the Presidential/Senate combination they feel more aligned with for political reasons. If vacancies were to occur on a more regular basis it would be a more routine process.

I'm not so much in favor of an upper age limit though as it will then become the ploy to just nominate younger and younger individuals to be on the SCOTUS so they can be there longer. I'm more in favor of limiting the number of years of SCOTUS service.

So...

^

Amend the US Constitution concerning SCOTUS tenure.

1. The senior Justice with 20 years of service on the SCOTUS will face mandatory retirement the year following a Presidential election cycle and each subsequent year which does not contain a Presidential election cycle on June 30th. This will include Chief and Associate Justices. If a new Justice has not been confirmed by October 1st of the same year, then the Chief Justice shall have the discretion of reactivating a retired Justice in accordance with paragraph #2. A Chief Justice cannot face mandatory retirement with less than five years in that role, however the next senior Associate Justice with a minimum of 20 years of service will then be required to retire. Only one Justice per year may be mandatorily retired. If two or more Justices qualify in any year, only the senior is required to retire.

2. In the event of death, incapacity, voluntary retirement prior to 20 years of service or vacancy, the Chief Justice can provide for temporary reinstatement of a retired Supreme Court Justice for a non-renewable period of one year or one term, whichever is greater. Once the period has expired, there is no extension. In the event of death or incapacity of the Chief Justice, the senior Associate Justice becomes the Chief Justice pending Senate consent of a new nominee. Requests for reinstatement must be made in the reverse order of retirement with the most recent retiree being solicited first. If that individual declines the request, the next most recent retiree is solicited. In the event there are no retired Justices available or none accept reinstatement, the court will revert to rules pertaining to an even number of Justices. The reinstatement of a temporary Justice ends when the incapacity or vacancy ends.

3. The Senate is required to advise and consent on Presidential nominations to the Supreme Court, if vacancy has been created for any reason, after 120 days from the official date of nomination there has not been a confirmation vote made available to a quorum of Senators in whole, then the nominee will be deemed consented to by the Senate and confirmed due to inaction.
Just my thoughts, these and $5.00 will get you a coffee at a Starbucks.
WW

I think they prove Lord Acton’s axiom.

I think we need a bipartisan commission to handle judicial nominations, including SCOTUS nominations. Let them come up with a list for POTUS to pick from. Would solve almost all problems.

How do you feel about the U.S. Supreme Court? I consider Justices Thomas, Alito and Kavanaugh as scumbags. I also don’t have a good opinion about Justices Gorsuch or Barrett.

Amy Coney Barrett and her husband belong to a religious cult. Clarance Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh faced serious accusations of making inappropriate sexual advances. Thomas’ wife, Tinni Ginni, aligned herself with insurrectionists. Sam Alito makes speeches to highly partisan clubs promoting a Conservative agenda.

If, like me, you hold the current U.S. Supreme Court in low regard, how do you propose we do something to affect positive changes?

A former Anti-abortionist evangelist explains what he did behind the scenes for decades for inside influence.

Translation- waa boo hoo the supreme court made a ruling a I don't like waa boo hoo now I want to change the rules so that they'll make rulings I agree with. Waa boo hoo.

Translation- waa boo hoo the supreme court made a ruling a I don't like waa boo hoo now I want to change the rules so that they'll make rulings I agree with. Waa boo hoo.

You might want to research on how to obtain a G.E.D. Rep. Boebart comes to mind!

Also, a few places online offer to ship a free Pocket Edition of the U.S. Constitution.

Do you have any Conspiracy Theories currently fascinating you?

You might want to research on how to obtain a G.E.D. Rep. Boebart comes to mind!

Also, a few places online offer to ship a free Pocket Edition of the U.S. Constitution.

Do you have any Conspiracy Theories currently fascinating you?
What does that have to do with you whining and crying because the supreme court made some rulings you don't like?

What does that have to do with you whining and crying because the supreme court made some rulings you don't like?
They never stop. They never accept anything unless it is of their mindset. Lost cause dealing with the left anymore!

This is the 3rd thread on this and deservedly so.

This article points out that Alito has leaked opinions before, that he and other justices socialize with people who have business before the court.

The corruption is real. These justices are becoming more like legislators than arbiters.

Lying Smug Scumbag Justice Samuel Alito denies his involvement in leaking case details to his friends.

Alito’s lies continue to fuel the decline of the U.S. Supreme Court.

3A453EC3-1D9A-4118-AD35-1426CAC73437.jpeg

Justice Gorsuch’s decision to not “mask up” affected Justice Sotomayor. Prickly guy that Gorsuch!

It has something to do with wallowing in ignorance.
So you whining and crying over the supreme court making a ruling you don't like has to do with you walling in ignorance. I agree.

Very first thing to do is to get rid of the lifetime appoints, and install term limits of service.

Term limits, ethical guidelines and consequences for not following them, right up to removal from the bench.

I see no other solution than adding court seats. Impeachment isn't practical for the same reason it always is: you're never going to get enough votes to convict.

I think we can make the SCOTUS less political by changing the lifetime tenure provision. If Justices were required to rotate out of the court, then there is less possibility of a justice "hanging on" until they get the Presidential/Senate combination they feel more aligned with for political reasons. If vacancies were to occur on a more regular basis it would be a more routine process.

I'm not so much in favor of an upper age limit though as it will then become the ploy to just nominate younger and younger individuals to be on the SCOTUS so they can be there longer. I'm more in favor of limiting the number of years of SCOTUS service.

So...

^

Amend the US Constitution concerning SCOTUS tenure.

1. The senior Justice with 20 years of service on the SCOTUS will face mandatory retirement the year following a Presidential election cycle and each subsequent year which does not contain a Presidential election cycle on June 30th. This will include Chief and Associate Justices. If a new Justice has not been confirmed by October 1st of the same year, then the Chief Justice shall have the discretion of reactivating a retired Justice in accordance with paragraph #2. A Chief Justice cannot face mandatory retirement with less than five years in that role, however the next senior Associate Justice with a minimum of 20 years of service will then be required to retire. Only one Justice per year may be mandatorily retired. If two or more Justices qualify in any year, only the senior is required to retire.

2. In the event of death, incapacity, voluntary retirement prior to 20 years of service or vacancy, the Chief Justice can provide for temporary reinstatement of a retired Supreme Court Justice for a non-renewable period of one year or one term, whichever is greater. Once the period has expired, there is no extension. In the event of death or incapacity of the Chief Justice, the senior Associate Justice becomes the Chief Justice pending Senate consent of a new nominee. Requests for reinstatement must be made in the reverse order of retirement with the most recent retiree being solicited first. If that individual declines the request, the next most recent retiree is solicited. In the event there are no retired Justices available or none accept reinstatement, the court will revert to rules pertaining to an even number of Justices. The reinstatement of a temporary Justice ends when the incapacity or vacancy ends.

3. The Senate is required to advise and consent on Presidential nominations to the Supreme Court, if vacancy has been created for any reason, after 120 days from the official date of nomination there has not been a confirmation vote made available to a quorum of Senators in whole, then the nominee will be deemed consented to by the Senate and confirmed due to inaction.
Just my thoughts, these and $5.00 will get you a coffee at a Starbucks.
WW
I agree....and mandatory term limits for the Senate and Congress first.

Back
Top Bottom