• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ricky Gervais

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Never have cared for Mr. Gervais or his comedic wit. That being said, we tried “After Life” on Netflix last evening and found it pretty funny/dark and worth the watch.
The dog was the ‘hook’ for me…..

Huh. Looks interesting!

Never have cared for Mr. Gervais or his comedic wit. That being said, we tried “After Life” on Netflix last evening and found it pretty funny/dark and worth the watch.

I've gotta try that one.

I loved him in the Office but wondered how he could ever move on from that typecasting.

I cried like an infant during that 1st season. What an amazing, powerful show.

I do not believe americans really get dark humour.

A story of a guy who went to america with his family for a holiday. In one of the many malls they visited a woman bumped into one of their children and knocked him over. She did apologise to which the guy answered, "No worries, he is our least favorite anyway."
In england that would have just got a polite chuckle, but in amerrica he got the reply . "Oh my god! That is horrible." Which is even more funnier than then joke.

But if you like after life than may I also suggest a comedy series called 'Black books".

I do not believe americans really get dark humour.

A story of a guy who went to america with his family for a holiday. In one of the many malls they visited a woman bumped into one of their children and knocked him over. She did apologise to which the guy answered, "No worries, he is our least favorite anyway."
In england that would have just got a polite chuckle, but in amerrica he got the reply . "Oh my god! That is horrible." Which is even more funnier than then joke.

But if you like after life than may I also suggest a comedy series called 'Black books".

Id say that has nothing to do with "americas" but that person cause thats hilarious and I've encountered and told many jokes like that LMAO
in fact a local comedian that has made an uprising is all about dark humor and misdirection Anthony Jeselnik
🚨ADULT HUMOR🚨

One takeaway from “After Life” is that the “c” word isn’t thought of in the same way here as there……

After finishing season 2, I have to change my opinion of Ricky Gervais. The man is a creative genius. Most comedic talents draw on less than perfect life experiences. There is a little vulgar/crass/potty humor, but for the most part the show will make you laugh, cry and think. I forgot who said that a perfect day was one that made you engage in those three things. Not looking forward to the finale……

The casting is genius, as well. I don’t know where you find such ****ed up people.

Back
Top Bottom