• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rick Scott blindsides DeSantis on his way out

SDET

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
What a petty piece of crap. If Scott wants to be too much of an asshole, the RNC, Republican fundraisers and others should smack him down. Idiocy like this creates openings for the Democrats to exploit.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/10/rick-scott-florida-governor-ron-desantis-1093598

Scott’s behavior has so mystified Republican insiders that it’s led to a parlor game of guessing the root cause. One top GOP consultant in Tallahassee guessed it was a combination of Scott’s aloof personality, the stress of the Senate election recount, and a dwindling staff in Tallahassee.

Scott tried to quietly nudge some Florida consultants and lobbyists to attend his event, insiders say.

“The word went out from Scott World — not explicitly but we understood what he meant — if you go to DeSantis’ inaugural, you’re dead to Rick,” said one GOP consultant. “You’re finished.”

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss.

I hope the new guy will be a good governor, but I'm not holding my breath.

Talk about burying the lead, OP-er.

The rubric article notes that the slight was Scott's prematurely leaving DeSantis' inauguration ceremony, notably in advance of the latter's thanking the former for something or other.

"Tensions between the old governor and the new governor had been simmering under the surface for more than a month, but it burst into public view Tuesday after Scott abruptly left his successor’s inauguration ceremony, leading DeSantis to ad lib the parts of his speech in which he planned to personally thank Scott....DeSantis loyalists were [also] miffed that Scott’s political committee decided to throw a ball in Washington to celebrate his installation in the U.S. Senate that overlapped with the traditional inaugural celebration for the governor in Tallahassee."​

The OP-er wrote:
"Idiocy like this creates openings for the Democrats to exploit."​
I'm sure DeSantis will effect plenty of superordinate missteps, thus obviating any need to dwell on the noted "openings."

Last edited:
Actually i am glad that desantis is our Gov over that corrupt hack giullum.
he was a nutjob of the most extreme left.

Nelson is out as well. I voted for him 2 times, but not again.
I think Scott will do well as a senator.

What a petty piece of crap. If Scott wants to be too much of an asshole, the RNC, Republican fundraisers and others should smack him down. Idiocy like this creates openings for the Democrats to exploit.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/10/rick-scott-florida-governor-ron-desantis-1093598

Yeah. Scott always seemed a bit awkward as Gov.
Like he couldn't decide what his positions were and couldn't explain them well.
Perhaps it was a finger in the wind thing.
Or perhaps he just ain't good at politicking.

Meet the new boss, he's the same as the old boss.

I hope the new guy will be a good governor, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, he'll be great - as long as you're not black.

He's not a fan of people of color.

Oh, he'll be great - as long as you're not black.

He's not a fan of people of color.

They report this morning that the new governor has taken a step to ban fracking. That is a pleasant surprise.

Actually i am glad that desantis is our Gov over that corrupt hack giullum.
he was a nutjob of the most extreme left.

Nelson is out as well. I voted for him 2 times, but not again.
I think Scott will do well as a senator.

Because voting for the guy who defrauded Medicare, what could go wrong with that?:roll:

Yeah. Scott always seemed a bit awkward as Gov.
Like he couldn't decide what his positions were and couldn't explain them well.
Perhaps it was a finger in the wind thing.
Or perhaps he just ain't good at politicking.

Because his donors don't want such information going public silly! When you buy a politician, his silence is implied.....

Because his donors don't want such information going public silly! When you buy a politician, his silence is implied.....

Scott does have this slimy aura about him. I like that way that he will vote in the Senate, but something's not quite right about him.

They report this morning that the new governor has taken a step to ban fracking. That is a pleasant surprise.

That's actually fantastic. Florida has a huge problem with sinkholes. This might help.

Because voting for the guy who defrauded Medicare, what could go wrong with that?:roll:

The company not him was fined and the debt paid.
So the fraud could have been done by other people and not him directly.

no criminal charges were filed and the company paid 1.7 billion in fines back to medicare.
either way he has never done it again and has run his businesses honestly.

same with the state. we have had decent steady growth in the state and a lot of improvements over the years.

giullum is under federal investigation and probably going to see some jail time.

The company not him was fined and the debt paid.
So the fraud could have been done by other people and not him directly.

no criminal charges were filed and the company paid 1.7 billion in fines back to medicare.
either way he has never done it again and has run his businesses honestly.

same with the state. we have had decent steady growth in the state and a lot of improvements over the years.

giullum is under federal investigation and probably going to see some jail time.

Yeah BULL****. If you're CEO, you're responsible. Rick Scott bilked medicare. You don't care, how awesome.

Yeah BULL****. If you're CEO, you're responsible. Rick Scott bilked medicare. You don't care, how awesome.
typical low iq post on the matter.

i see that you are ignoring everything that giullum has done.
the fact is that the fine was paid no criminal charges were filed against him.

the company not him pleaded it out end of story.

no other instances of abuse or criminal activity.

Oh? Bull**** AGAIN!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...e/os-rick-scott-net-worth-20180629-story.html
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article217391445.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/17/us/rick-scott-conflicts-blind-trust.html

Why do you feel the need to lie so much?

Yeah more like typical conservative HYPOCRITICALLY ignoring corruption from your guy, cuz it's what ya always do!

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article1937942.html

Stealing for his wife's company now, how clever!:roll:

Is it really that deep down you admire that corrupt audacity? White people deserve finer stuff right?

That's actually fantastic. Florida has a huge problem with sinkholes. This might help.

Well, sorta. The sinkhole problem is due to Florida's bedrock being limestone and the state being surrounded by water. Over time, both fresh and salt water dissolve the limestone, creating underground caves whose roofs then collapse into sinkholes. That occurs regardless of fracking. Certainly, fracking would aggravate the problem but AFAIK there currently is none being done in the state. A bill to impose a statewide ban failed in the senate but with gubernatorial support, it has been reintroduced and may pass. In the meantime, many localities have passed bans.

Back
Top Bottom