• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rick Santorum's Family Values Rant

Rick Santorum, ardent opponent of same-sex marriages, while addressing a group at the Iowa State Caucuses vowed that as president he would unify Americans around “our core ultraconservative Christian values.” His attempt however to draw a “direct connection” between the nation’s economic woes and the “redefinition of marriage” has about as much integrity as Neo Cons swearing on a stack of Korans, and reeks more of conservative Christian values than real world concerns.

Like many Republicans who favor amending the Constitution to include their pet peeve, Santorum advocates for an amendment that would define marriage as solely between a man and a woman. Arguing that same-sex relationships “destabilize” society, he pledged that if elected president he would annul all same-sex marriages.

Santorum seems to think that what he terms the redefinition of marriage is not supportive of strong nuclear families and is not “standing up for the dignity of human life.” He states that same sex marriages lead to a society that is “broken.” “I have no problem with homosexuality, I have a problem with homosexual acts. As I would with acts of other, what I would consider to be, acts outside of traditional heterosexual relationships.”

That there may be a fair amount of so-called destabilizing acts INSIDE traditional heterosexual relationships does not seem to occur to Mr. Santorum.

But I recall John Ensign’s months-long heterosexual affair with a congressional aide a short time ago. Ensign was Chairman of the Republican Policy Committee and family values advocate during the time of his somewhat destablizing affair with aide Cynthia Hampton. Hampton’s husband found out about the affair and emailed Santorum, then Senator from Pennsylvania, and asked for his help. Santorum instead forwarded the email to Ensign, alerting him the husband knew of the affair he was having with his wife. Ensign later resigned his Senate leadership position over the affair.

Santorum was also caught up in the ever-widening scandal as he and several other Republicans, also champions of family values, were named in a “blunt and damaging” Senate Ethics Committee report for trying to cover up the Ensign scandal.

Then there is fellow GOP Conservative, Newt Gingrich, who’s heterosexual exploits seem to make him a darling among DC conservatives. While also proclaiming to be a champion of family values, Gingrich committed repeated adultery with younger women, while each successive wife was seriously ill.

One woman, Anne Manning, confirmed a relationship with him during the 1976 campaign. “We had oral sex. He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, ‘I never slept with her.’”

Kip Carter, Newt’s former campaign treasurer, was walking Gingrich’s daughters back from a football game one day and cut across a driveway where he saw a car. “As I got to the car, I saw Newt in the passenger seat and one of the guys’ wives with her head in his lap going up and down. Newt kind of turned and gave me this little-boy smile. Fortunately, Jackie Sue and Kathy (Gingrich’s daughters) were a lot younger and shorter then.”

And there is the infamous heterosexual, Bob Packwood, former Senator from Oregon, who sexually harassed at least 29 female staff members and campaign workers before resigning under the threat of expulsion. And who can forget pizza pie salesman, Herman Cain, who continued to rise in the GOP polls even after being outed as a serial sex offender. Despite legendary gaffs and his “999″ tax-plan farce, Cain’s downfall is mostly connected to his having one of the worse pick-up lines in the Republican Party.

These are decidedly destablizing acts occurring inside the traditional heterosexual experience, yet they add nothing to the dignity of human life. And owing to the degree of betrayal and infidelity involved, they are more apt to lead to a "broken" society than a wholesome same-sex marriage or relationship.

Source: tHE iNNERgNAT.com Santorum: Rick’s Family Values Rant « tHE iNNERgNAT

Back
Top Bottom