• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Richard Pryor died today.

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I don't believe it. He was one of my idols. And I don't believe in idol worship. But I worshipped King Richard. Man.....

Well, wasn't he really sick for quite a while?

Hat's off to him and Mudbone.

Originally posted by Simon W. Moon:
Well, wasn't he really sick for quite a while?
That's why I liked him. He pushed the envelope. I can't stand family entertainment. It is too vanilla. I need something with an edge to it. Cosby? No way. Friends? Forget it. Mash? The movie, not the series. Seinfeld? Lame. That Niggers Crazy? One of the best comedy albums I have ever heard. I think I got the whole album memorized word for word. I first heard it in 1974 while driving cross country. My friend was sick and grumpy. I bought the album on a lark and started playing it, my friend began laughing so hard, he started projectile vomiting. He was so mad at me because I wouldn't stop playing it.

Richard was a classic. The only comedians that ever got to his level were Sam Kinison, Dice Clay, Carlin, Denis Leary, Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy. Best stand-up ever. I think it was the best because, for me, I could relate to what they were saying.

It's a sad day for sure. He will be missed.

Billo_Really said:
That's why I liked him. He pushed the envelope. I can't stand family entertainment. It is too vanilla. I need something with an edge to it. Cosby? No way. Friends? Forget it. Mash? The movie, not the series. Seinfeld? Lame. That Niggers Crazy? One of the best comedy albums I have ever heard. I think I got the whole album memorized word for word. I first heard it in 1974 while driving cross country. My friend was sick and grumpy. I bought the album on a lark and started playing it, my friend began laughing so hard, he started projectile vomiting. He was so mad at me because I wouldn't stop playing it.

Richard was a classic. The only comedians that ever got to his level were Sam Kinison, Dice Clay, Carlin, Denis Leary, Robin Williams and Eddie Murphy. Best stand-up ever. I think it was the best because, for me, I could relate to what they were saying.

Chris Rock?

But I love Pryor, too. I have most of his stand-up on old video tapes still. Might have to do a tribute marathon.

Eugene McCarthy died today, too. Sad day all around.

mixedmedia said:
Chris Rock?

But I love Pryor, too. I have most of his stand-up on old video tapes still. Might have to do a tribute marathon.

Eugene McCarthy died today, too. Sad day all around.

Yes Chris Rock is great! McCarthy's passing is sad as well.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Yes Chris Rock is great! McCarthy's passing is sad as well.

My first effort at political activism was going out with my mom to pass out McCarthy pamphlets when he was running for president. Three years old. One of my only memories from such tender years. Had to go call my mom and thank her when I heard.

I never cared for Pryor. He was so crass and foul-mouthed. I never found that kind of thing funny.

Originally posted by KCConservative
I never cared for Pryor. He was so crass and foul-mouthed. I never found that kind of thing funny.
After reading what comes out of your mouth, I find that funny!

Billo_Really said:
After reading what comes out of your mouth, I find that funny!
I'm not sure I understand. What have you read that comes out of my mouth? Something crass or foul-mouthed? Are you wanting to turn this into a personal attack, billo?

I'm not sure I understand. What have you read that comes out of my mouth? Something crass or foul-mouthed? Are you wanting to turn this into a personal attack, billo?
Nothing personal. I just choose to think that some of your posts are crass and foul-mouthed.

Billo_Really said:
Nothing personal. I just choose to think that some of your posts are crass and foul-mouthed.
Interesting. I make it a point to never use profanity. So maybe you could present the foul-mouthed remarks I have made. Thanks.

It's kind of what makes the world go around, eh, Billo. You like Pryor and I like Seinfeld. You like chocolate and I like vanilla. You're a liberal and I'm a conservative. Certainly you don't deny my having an opinion on this thread, do you?

It's kind of what makes the world go around, eh, Billo. You like Pryor and I like Seinfeld. You like chocolate and I like vanilla. You're a liberal and I'm a conservative. Certainly you don't deny my having an opinion on this thread, do you?
I won't deny your opinion on any thread. In fact, I would give up my life, to defend your right, to trash me.

Interesting. I make it a point to never use profanity. So maybe you could present the foul-mouthed remarks I have made. Thanks.
I think a mouth can be just as foul without using profanity. Like saying Iraq was a threat when it wasn't which cost people there lives. I think people that say that are far more foul-mouthed than any profane word could be.

Billo_Really said:
I think a mouth can be just as foul without using profanity. Like saying Iraq was a threat when it wasn't which cost people there lives. I think people that say that are far more foul-mouthed than any profane word could be.

LMAO.. omg, that has to be the worst post u have made. To say someone that believes in the iraq war and causes is fouled mouth is truely ignorant. to have a difference of opinion and define it as fouled mouth is also ignorant. I assume u must not understand the term "fouled mouth".

I find that there is nothing funnier then the elequent use of profanity. It is hillarious.

I reckon that it is the funniest when, a comdian uses profanity to highlight the absurdity of day to day life! But hey that's just me.

But then I have wet myself with laughter, talking about Simpsons quotes in boring Uni Science practicals. So I like all kinds of humour!

Very sad, that a such a crazy mother f$#&er of a comedian has died!

Last edited:
Billo_Really said:
I don't believe it. He was one of my idols. And I don't believe in idol worship. But I worshipped King Richard. Man.....

1038.jpg

"Live in Concert" 1979 was one of the funniest pieces of standup ever!
In case anyone forgets Richard's last wishes:

"My Funeral." "I want to be cremated," Pryor declares. "Sprinkle my ashes in about two pounds of cocaine. Snort me up!"

http://www.villagevoice.com/music/0101,hannaham,21146,22.html

RIP Richard

Billo_Really said:
Interesting. I always found Pryor crass and foul mouthed...and I appreciate your defending my right to say so.

Originally Posted by AK_Conservative:
LMAO.. omg, that has to be the worst post u have made. To say someone that believes in the iraq war and causes is fouled mouth is truely ignorant. to have a difference of opinion and define it as fouled mouth is also ignorant. I assume u must not understand the term "fouled mouth".
You don't consider people that deliberately tell (or propagate) lies that directly lead to people losing their life is not a foul form of speech? You think that uttering a cuss word is worse than a persons death? As much as I disagree with your cousin, I have to give him credit for getting my point.

And by the way, I've had worse posts.

Billo_Really said:
You don't consider people that deliberately tell (or propagate) lies that directly lead to people losing their life is not a foul form of speech? You think that uttering a cuss word is worse than a persons death? As much as I disagree with your cousin, I have to give him credit for getting my point.

And by the way, I've had worse posts.

....and suddenly the Richard Pryor thread turns into a Bush hate thread. Go figure.

Originally Posted by KCConservative:
....and suddenly the Richard Pryor thread turns into a Bush hate thread. Go figure
Is Bush your Jesus Christ?

Billo_Really said:
Is Bush your Jesus Christ?
I have no idea what this question means. Is this a Richard Pryor thread or not?

Originally Posted by KCConservative:
I have no idea what this question means. Is this a Richard Pryor thread or not?
I haven't seen you react to any Bush criticism as valid. It's all processed as "Bush hate". As if that was the reason for the criticism. Even Bush, when he was asked if he could list any mistakes he has made in his Presidency, he couldn't come up with any! People who don't make mistakes are obviously perfect. And there has only been one perfect person to walk the face of this earth, but they crucified him. So now we have two?

Back
Top Bottom