• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rice Goes Too Far!

easyt65

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
As pretty much everyone knows, I lean towards the right, but I consider myself to be un-biased enough to call it the way I see it, no matter which party is in the wrong.

Today, Rice stepped over the line while discussing Iran and expressing America's concern over Iran's Nuclear weapons Program!

Granted, the Iranian Leader is a nutball who believes the Muslim Messiah will return within 2 years and is required to be ushered in by the start of Armagedon (the end of the world as we know it), which he has said he is willing to do by Nuking Israel with a nuclear bomb that his country is on track to have within the next 2 years.

I have no problem with her expressing our concern....but during her speech, Rice declared that "'WE' want Iranian people to be Free"!

Well excuse me, but to HE!! with THAT! I could care less what form of goverment they have, as long as their leader is not raping, torturing, gassing, and murdering his own people like Hussein was. I just want to ensure they never, EVER get their hands on a nuke!

The last thing we want to do right now is try getting into a conflict where regime change of Iran is the main goal! WHY?
1. We are in no shape to do it right now.
2. We have the support of Russia, China, France, and Germany to deal however is necessary with Iran to keep them from getting a nuclear weapon as long as we agree 'No Regime Change'!
3. Iran is not torturing and slaughtering its own people.
blah, blah, blah....

We could go into a lot with this thread, but the botom line and main point of this thread that I think we can all agree on right now is that Rice spoke WAY out of turn by saying what she did!

In considering action against Iran in order to prevent them from getting a bomb, military action might be required. A surgical strike is a lot 'cleaner' and would be considered 'less of a threat' if Iran thinks/knows we are just striking targets than if they thought any attack launched on their Nuke sites were a pre-cursor to an all out invasion designed at regime change! If they think that is the overall goal, this will potentially become ugly and develop into something NOBODY wants!

easyt65 said:
As pretty much everyone knows, I lean towards the right, but I consider myself to be un-biased enough to call it the way I see it, no matter which party is in the wrong.

Today, Rice stepped over the line while discussing Iran and expressing America's concern over Iran's Nuclear weapons Program!

Granted, the Iranian Leader is a nutball who believes the Muslim Messiah will return within 2 years and is required to be ushered in by the start of Armagedon (the end of the world as we know it), which he has said he is willing to do by Nuking Israel with a nuclear bomb that his country is on track to have within the next 2 years.

I have no problem with her expressing our concern....but during her speech, Rice declared that "'WE' want Iranian people to be Free"!

Well excuse me, but to HE!! with THAT! I could care less what form of goverment they have, as long as their leader is not raping, torturing, gassing, and murdering his own people like Hussein was. I just want to ensure they never, EVER get their hands on a nuke!

The last thing we want to do right now is try getting into a conflict where regime change of Iran is the main goal! WHY?
1. We are in no shape to do it right now.
2. We have the support of Russia, China, France, and Germany to deal however is necessary with Iran to keep them from getting a nuclear weapon as long as we agree 'No Regime Change'!
3. Iran is not torturing and slaughtering its own people.
blah, blah, blah....

We could go into a lot with this thread, but the botom line and main point of this thread that I think we can all agree on right now is that Rice spoke WAY out of turn by saying what she did!

In considering action against Iran in order to prevent them from getting a bomb, military action might be required. A surgical strike is a lot 'cleaner' and would be considered 'less of a threat' if Iran thinks/knows we are just striking targets than if they thought any attack launched on their Nuke sites were a pre-cursor to an all out invasion designed at regime change! If they think that is the overall goal, this will potentially become ugly and develop into something NOBODY wants!

Her statement actually only encouraged what is going in inside Iran right now. It wasn't meant to offer "support."

Thanks for clarifying.

Back
Top Bottom