• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rhiana Work: this is why modern music sucks

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_(Rihanna_song)

Just notice how many people it took write this song. Now lyrics?

Chorus - Rihanna:]
Work, work, work, work, work, work
He said me haffi
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
He see me do me
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!
So me put in
When you ah gon'
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
Meh nuh care if him
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting

[Verse 1 - Rihanna:]
Dry!... Me a desert him
No time to have you lurking
Him ah go act like he nuh like it
You know I dealt with you the nicest
Nobody touch me you nuh righteous
Nobody text me in a crisis
I believed all of your dreams, adoration
You took my heart and my keys and my patience
You took my heart on my sleeve for decoration
You mistaken my love I brought for you for foundation
All that I wanted from you was to give me
Something that I never had
Something that you've never seen
Something that you've never been!
Mmmmm!
But I wake up and act like nothing's wrong
Just get ready fi...

Now ask yourself. Really?

The lyrics in some songs really are just background noise.

The least you could do is get her name right, right, right, right, right, right.

Lol. I have no idea how it is spelled and I won't be putting that into my brain space.

So very true. And my generation actually listens to this crap. Sigh.

I view it as having a balanced diet. Sure, the bulk of my diet is hearty and sustaining (like Hendrix and Pink Floyd). But there is nothing wrong with just chewing on gum sometimes as long as it isn't the bulk of your diet. :)

You appear to be unaware that "crap" songs and "crap lyrics" have existed since the dawn of time.

They have. Very true. But notice how popular some of these songs are? It is baffling. That is my main emotion here. Bafflement. With every crappy song there are plenty of people wondering: who listens to this and why?

I view it as having a balanced diet. Sure, the bulk of my diet is hearty and sustaining (like Hendrix and Pink Floyd). But there is nothing wrong with just chewing on gum sometimes as long as it isn't the bulk of your diet. :)

Poop flavored gum? Lol. Sorry. I'm truly puzzled by this song and how it took 6 people to write it.

Ummmm...the lyrics are not what most of the people who helped right the song worked on, as your link explains. Way to fail to make your point...

Irrelevant. It took 6 people to come up with it. Seriously? They wrote the song and the song repeats itself. It really illustrates my issue with the music today. The lyrics don't count anymore (which another poster pointed out).

If you disagree, whatever. But it just seems to me like the music industry has become...industrial...

Songs sound the same and repeat a lot of the same garbage lyrics. Rap, rock, country, or whatever. You really don't see that?

Irrelevant. It took 6 people to come up with it. Seriously? They wrote the song and the song repeats itself. It really illustrates my issue with the music today. The lyrics don't count anymore (which another poster pointed out).

If you disagree, whatever. But it just seems to me like the music industry has become...industrial...

Songs sound the same and repeat a lot of the same garbage lyrics. Rap, rock, country, or whatever. You really don't see that?

Yeah, can't have good music without good lyrics.

Yeah, can't have good music without good lyrics.

Lmao! You think my comment means good music requires lyrics? Can you tell me how much repetition you saw between Beethoven's songs? From his sonata to his final symphony? They didn't recreate each other's work. They didn't use the same beats. Their imagination wasn't limited to how long they wait till they drop the base.

Chorus - Rihanna:]
He said me haffi
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
He see me do me
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!
So me put in
When you ah gon'
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
Meh nuh care if him
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting

[Verse 1 - Rihanna:]
Dry!... Me a desert him
No time to have you lurking
Him ah go act like he nuh like it
You know I dealt with you the nicest
Nobody touch me you nuh righteous
Nobody text me in a crisis
I believed all of your dreams, adoration
You took my heart and my keys and my patience
You took my heart on my sleeve for decoration
You mistaken my love I brought for you for foundation
All that I wanted from you was to give me
Something that I never had
Something that you've never seen
Something that you've never been!
Mmmmm!
But I wake up and act like nothing's wrong
Just get ready fi...

I knew there was a reason I can't stand hip-hop, or whatever the **** that's supposed to be.

Back
Top Bottom