• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rheumatoid arthritis and yoga

Lovebug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I was diagnosed years ago, but now symptoms are ever increasing. I do stretching exercises, hikes, long walks on a daily basis. I used to run, but can't anymore. Swimming was an option some time ago, but since we moved it isn't anymore. Just wondering, is anyone else afflicted, have you tried yoga with any success?

ASHES

A Person
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Not in my experience, any more than stretching.

My experience:
My partner has had RA for about a year, and we tried a lot of things.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
Monthly Subscriber
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I was diagnosed years ago, but now symptoms are ever increasing. I do stretching exercises, hikes, long walks on a daily basis. I used to run, but can't anymore. Swimming was an option some time ago, but since we moved it isn't anymore. Just wondering, is anyone else afflicted, have you tried yoga with any success?
My wife has R/A. She's been in remission for four years, but now it's coming back. She'll probably resume the biologics she took in the early 2-10's.

I'm sorry, LoveB. RA is nasty stuff. You certainly have my sympathies on that.

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I do yoga daily for my back. I used to have back problems from sitting in an office for so many years, but yoga has alleviated it.

Lovebug

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I do yoga daily for my back. I used to have back problems from sitting in an office for so many years, but yoga has alleviated it.
Did you get coaching when you started?

Reactions: PoS
Top Bottom