• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RH negative blood type, do you have it?

I do have it. I'm A-. The only times it has had an impact was when I had to have a RhoGAM shot after the birth of each child. My children are RH positive.

Only about 15% of the population has the Rh negative factor in their blood type.
In 1937, Karl Landsteiner and Alexander Weiner discovered a new blood type: the rhesus blood type, or Rh factor. The rhesus protein is named for the rhesus monkey, which also carries the gene, and is a protein that lives on the surface of the red blood cells.

Reading this thread was very frightening. I kept wondering if there was a scientist in the house. 🔬

BloodLab.jpg

Last edited:
It is called Ph, not Rh, everywhere except this one article. Can someone explain why it is Rh here?

I know my mom is positive because she needed a blood type test when her brother had bone marrow cancer. My dad joked, "Mom got an A-plus on her blood test." He was right: Mom was the only match and my uncle survived with her platelets.

Decades later, I read mosquitoes love Type O blood and are not attracted to Type A blood. Dad said he was Type O, which is dominant. So I am definitely O+ because for many years I got tons of mosquito bites.
I'm O negative and rarely bitten by mosquitoes. It really pisses people off too.

I don't think it's blood type that attracts them.

Reading this thread was very frightening. I kept wondering if there was a scientist in the house. 🔬

I’m still trying to figure out the point of the thread to begin with… it’s a head scratcher.

As to the topic, I’m AB-, mosquitoes love me.

I’m still trying to figure out the point of the thread to begin with… it’s a head scratcher.

As to the topic, I’m AB-, mosquitoes love me.

Think logical, how did the human race get RH negative blood with scientists saying it's impossible for a mother with RH positive and a father with RH positive give birth to a RH negative baby

In about 1962 my father, a Navy Corpsman, was a direct donor to an infant born with the Rh factor issue. Tests during the pregnancy showed the infant would be at risk. They ran tests on lots of volunteers and my father was chosen as the best match. For the latter part of the pregnancy my father had to report to a point of contact with the hospital so they could get in touch with him 24/7.

When the lady had her baby they did a direct transfusion from my father to the infant and the baby came out of it fine.

When the father came around to everyone later he gave the officers a cigar and to the enlisted men a sucker. My father was a Petty Officer so the newly minted father gave my father a sucker. Dad took the sucker, turned and threw it as hard as he could at the wall a few feet in front of the new daddy.

All the man would have had to do was to say thank you to my father.

Back
Top Bottom