• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RH negative blood type, do you have it?

Bear5131

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I was watching the history Channel and this topic came up, I tried researching it but not much luck, Does anyone know where it came from, just curious..

Each person has two Rh factors in their genetics, one from each parent. The only way for someone to have a negative blood type is for both parents to have at least one negative factor. For example, if someone's Rh factors are both positive, it is not possible for his or her child to have a negative blood type.May 1, 2016
1652489371858.png
https://www.carterbloodcare.org › th...

The Significance of Being Rh Negative or Rh Positive - Carter BloodCare

I was watching the history Channel and this topic came up, I tried researching it but not much luck, Does anyone know where it came from, just curious..

Each person has two Rh factors in their genetics, one from each parent. The only way for someone to have a negative blood type is for both parents to have at least one negative factor. For example, if someone's Rh factors are both positive, it is not possible for his or her child to have a negative blood type.May 1, 2016
View attachment 67390625

Why TF is this in the CT forum? Is there some conspiracy behind Rh? 😄

No, but my mother had it, which caused the DR concern when I was born but she had no problems with me or my brother...

View attachment 67390625

And?

No, but my mother had it, which caused the DR concern when I was born but she had no problems with me or my brother...
Well one thing I learned, why you're supposed to get a blood test before marriage

It is called Ph, not Rh, everywhere except this one article. Can someone explain why it is Rh here?

I know my mom is positive because she needed a blood type test when her brother had bone marrow cancer. My dad joked, "Mom got an A-plus on her blood test." He was right: Mom was the only match and my uncle survived with her platelets.

Decades later, I read mosquitoes love Type O blood and are not attracted to Type A blood. Dad said he was Type O, which is dominant. So I am definitely O+ because for many years I got tons of mosquito bites.

My mom always referred to herself as RH negative...

Neither interesting nor funny. Be better.
So do you know where RH negative came from? Or are you still busy with that age old question, Mary Ann or Ginger?
It is called Ph, not Rh, everywhere except this one article. Can someone explain why it is Rh here?

I know my mom is positive because she needed a blood type test when her brother had bone marrow cancer. My dad joked, "Mom got an A-plus on her blood test." He was right: Mom was the only match and my uncle survived with her platelets.

Decades later, I read mosquitoes love Type O blood and are not attracted to Type A blood. Dad said he was Type O, which is dominant. So I am definitely O+ because for many years I got tons of mosquito bites.
There are eight main blood types: A positive, A negative, B positive, B negative, AB positive, AB negative, O positive and O negative. The positive and negative refers to your Rh type (once called Rhesus). In addition to ABO and Rh, there are 34 other recognised blood types, called blood group systems.Nov 2, 2016
1652490749952.jpeg
https://www.science.org.au › curious

Blood types: the not so bleeding obvious - Curious - Australian Academy of Science

From my link..

(A side point here. Even though people talk about being ‘Rh negative’ or ‘Rh positive’, Rh type actually refers to the presence or absence of the RhD antigen in particular, not of Rh antigens generally. The absence of any Rh antigens, first discovered in an Indigenous Australian, is a different kettle of fish. It’s known as Rhnull and is extremely rare.)

No its not. The full term is Rhesus Factor, shortened to Rh. You're confusing it with the pH scale, potential hydrogen. Thats acidity-basidity.

No its not. The full term is Rhesus Factor, shortened to Rh. Your confusing it with the pH scale, potential hydrogen. Thats acidity-basidity.
This isn’t the NFL thread.

I'm B-, I get bit all the time when people around me don't. My father was O-, the universal donor, he donated gallons over his life.

No it's not. The full term is Rhesus Factor, shortened to Rh. You're confusing it with the pH scale, potential hydrogen. That's acidity-basidity.

I know there is something else called pH, but that is not what I was thinking of.

I'm B-, I get bit all the time when people around me don't. My father was O-, the universal donor. He donated gallons over his life.

Were you type tested or just able to figure it out?

I always wondered why the opposite (AB+) is the rarest, not most common, blood type. It is the universal recipient.

Were you type tested or just able to figure it out?

I always wondered why the opposite (AB+) is the rarest, not most common, blood type. It is the universal recipient.[/B]

Taste test!

/s

PH has to do with the skin, not blood...how acidic your skin is...5.5 is normal...

I had always seen the letter P, not R, before h +/- in the past.
I get it. Maybe you shouldn't try to correct others if you don't really know what you're talking about, though. Google works quick and easy. I do, all the time. I did in this exchange because I'd forgotten what the letters pH were short for.

PH has to do with the skin, not blood...how acidic your skin is...5.5 is normal...
5.5 might be normal but its slightly acidic. Which is normal if you say so, I dont know.
7 is neutral, the scale is 1 to 14. Low numbers acid, high numbers alkaline.

Back
Top Bottom