• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revolving door at struggling Trump "Truth Social."

Subieguy

Todays GOP: wrong on EVERYTHING!!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Key staffers are reportedly leaving from Trumps struggling social app "Truth Social." Maybe they see the light perhaps?

Adams became Truth Social’s chief technology officer, while Boozer served as head of product development. The two joined the venture last year and became central in Trump’s effort to build his own social media realm that would allow him to directly communicate with the public.
But both Adams and Boozer have apparently resigned from their senior roles, two sources familiar with the venture told Reuters on Monday. Politico later confirmed the executives’ exits, also citing two sources.

“If Josh has left ... all bets are off,” one of the sources told Reuters, calling Adams the “brains” behind the app’s technology.
After Reuters’ report, Politico released its own report saying that Truth Social’s chief legal officer, Lori Heyer-Bednar, also quit the company. Truth Social tapped Heyer-Bednar to be the company’s chief legal officer in October, Bloomberg Law reported.

Truth Social’s iPhone app had a technologically disastrous launch on Feb. 20, experiencing low traffic, constant glitches and a 13-hour outage. After the launch, Truth Social plummeted in sign-ups and traffic ― sinking to about 60,000 new users a week, according to the mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower.
“This is down 93% from its launch week, when it saw 872,000 installs during the week of Feb. 21,” Sensor Tower’s Stephanie Chan told The Wrap last week. “We estimate that Truth Social has so far reached approximately 1.2 million installs since its launch.”
Users have complained about a lack of engagement on the app and issues signing up, with thousands of people still on the site’s waitlist. Trump himself has only posted on the app once. Former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), who now serves as a chief executive for Truth Social, told Fox News in February that the app was aiming to be fully operational in the U.S. by the end of March.

Truth Social..Heh? Thou doth protest too much. Not sure how other people see things, but when I hear stuff like>>
"We are Fair and Balanced" "I am the smartest person" "We always care about every customer everyday"
...the warning bells go off in my head... Good organizations and people don't have to tell you how wonderful they are. :)

Key staffers are reportedly leaving from Trumps struggling social app "Truth Social." Maybe they see the light perhaps?

Adams became Truth Social’s chief technology officer, while Boozer served as head of product development. The two joined the venture last year and became central in Trump’s effort to build his own social media realm that would allow him to directly communicate with the public.
But both Adams and Boozer have apparently resigned from their senior roles, two sources familiar with the venture told Reuters on Monday. Politico later confirmed the executives’ exits, also citing two sources.

“If Josh has left ... all bets are off,” one of the sources told Reuters, calling Adams the “brains” behind the app’s technology.
After Reuters’ report, Politico released its own report saying that Truth Social’s chief legal officer, Lori Heyer-Bednar, also quit the company. Truth Social tapped Heyer-Bednar to be the company’s chief legal officer in October, Bloomberg Law reported.

Truth Social’s iPhone app had a technologically disastrous launch on Feb. 20, experiencing low traffic, constant glitches and a 13-hour outage. After the launch, Truth Social plummeted in sign-ups and traffic ― sinking to about 60,000 new users a week, according to the mobile analytics firm Sensor Tower.
“This is down 93% from its launch week, when it saw 872,000 installs during the week of Feb. 21,” Sensor Tower’s Stephanie Chan told The Wrap last week. “We estimate that Truth Social has so far reached approximately 1.2 million installs since its launch.”
Users have complained about a lack of engagement on the app and issues signing up, with thousands of people still on the site’s waitlist. Trump himself has only posted on the app once. Former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), who now serves as a chief executive for Truth Social, told Fox News in February that the app was aiming to be fully operational in the U.S. by the end of March.

This is what you get when you align yourself with losers like Trump and Nunes.

Guess they wanted to escape with their reputations intact.

This is attempt, what, number 3 or 4 now?

Trumpers suck at social media.

(of course, I would prefer we have no social media, but thats just me)

In general, tech leaders and engineers tend to prize open working environments - free sharing of information and tolerate for unvarnished news, even the bad kind. By all accounts, from his penchant for NDAs to his unwillingness to hear bad news, Trump is not known for fostering this kind of environment. Add to this the grim reality that security is the critical element of an online social media endeavor, and that you cannot even start a conversation around building effective cybersecurity without complete openness and fact-based analysis as to the organization's current attack surfaces and threat vectors, and it is not a surprise to me that many of these right-leaning social media endeavors either struggle to get off the ground, or are promptly hacked shortly after they do.

Because of all this, most of them basically just license someone else's software and... well... that becomes another thing added to the list of reasons to work somewhere else: what world-class engineer wants to work at a place that's using somebody else's engine?

Some more data:

In early April 2022, Business Insider described Truth Social as "like a conservative ghost town that had been overrun by bots".[66] The BBC noted that it was inaccessible on Android phones, on web browsers, and to most users outside the United States. A U.S.-based reporter for the BBC attempted to sign up in early April and was placed on a wait list with about 1.4 million requests ahead of him.[67]

Source:

Wikipedia - Truth Social

This is attempt, what, number 3 or 4 now?

Trumpers suck at social media.

(of course, I would prefer we have no social media, but thats just me)
but they sure spew out the hate, the lies and the mis information though.

money...imo....these guys knew what they were getting into......they knew they would have to kiss Trump's ass and they wanted gazillions to do it......otherwise.....adios

Of course the real reason for the poor sign-up performance among Trumpers/Conservatives/GOP, is the word - "Social".

It seems very strange to me that Trump isn't posting and pontificating like mad on the site. That will bring people in.

I am not very intelligent, but I knew that site would be a bust.

The Donald (for whom I voted twice and would so again -- unless the Dems can get a bill signed to pay for caregivers for the elderly) is yesterday's news.

The Republicans need a nice sensible candidate that does not rub people the wrong way.

Besides, that guy who now has a controlling interest in Twitter might let The Donald back on, mightn't he?

Again... A Trump business turning to shit? Shocking!!

I feel bad for Musk... He just bought a bunch of Twitter stock and I am sure Trump's Truth Social will soon put Twitter out of business... Lol.. Not!

Aw, what a shame. No doubt, many Trumpsters here are very disappointed.

Personally...

..... ..... ..... ..... I think Nunes should explore getting more cows to create accounts...

..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... Cows posting on social media will be a big thing. Mark my words.

(OK, you have to understand the Nunes/Cow reference for this to make sense.)

WW

Did anyone see the news the other day where Roger Stone is whining like a baby because he's being censored on Truth Social?

It just doesn't get any better than all this.

Back
Top Bottom