• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revisiting A Supreme Court Case

Should The American Poeple Bring Back Racial Segregation

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reinoe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
There has recently been an upturn in college students demanding government enforced segregation of student based on race.

U-MICH students are demanding a segregated safe space...
University of Michigan students demand segregated 'safe space' for African-Americans after Trump's victory

UCLA decided to take it one step further and is entertaining segregated housing.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...lack-only-university-housing-draws-criticism/

Berkeley, for once not being the forefront of inane and childish protest, finally got in on the act of demanding racial segregation...
Berkeley protesters form human chain to stop white students from getting to class - Washington Times

Evergreen College students are now in the game of one-upsmanship and decided to kick "White People" off campus...
https://10ztalk.com/2017/05/30/stud...-of-campus-segregation-why-evolution-is-true/

Plessy vs Ferguson has often been derided as among the worst Supreme Court decisions in American history due to the mental gymnastics used to justify racial segregation in the face of the 13th and 14th amendments. Starting after WW2 Civil Rights activists for for over a decade to get the decision to the SC and get it overturned. Hundreds of people lost their lives and many more countless thousands had their livelihoods destroyed as they fought to overcome this absolute evil. Martin Luther King jr made the ultimate sacrifice in the fight to stop the injustices people of color were facing on a daily basis. And Malcolm X fought as well though eventually mellowing out over time in his own quest to stop the injustice invoked by segregation. These civil rights leaders fought the good fight and were ultimately successful.

There are on civil rights leaders any more. There are Social Justice Warriors. Often aligned with liberal actors and given tacit approval by the leadership in the Democratic Party. These people often follow the trail that Civil Rights leaders blazed but in a reverse fashion: they seek to destroy and undermine the sacrifices made in the name of Civil Rights and undue all the success that took place during that time. Rarely do you see people who embrace reactionary ideologies because overall, even through trials and tribulations, things get better with time. Social Justice Warriors seek just that: to turn back time when people were not considered equal. To turn back time and separate the races based on the pettiness of skin color.

Unlike the Civil Rights movements that started nearly 70 years ago, these Social Justice Warrior eschew peaceful discourse. They reject dialog. They scorn peace. They embrace hatred and it shows in their virulent hate speech. Their motives seem almost laughable and parody but it's not a parody. They're real people. You can't parody these people. It is akin to the episode of "SOUTH PARK" where they had to have disclaimers stating "THIS IS WHAT ACTUAL SCIENTOLOGISTS BELIEVE" because people wouldn't believe it otherwise. So to is the new Social Justice Warrior. Simply describe their actions and their behavior. Describe their adamant approach to enforcing a horrid Supreme Court decision. And then simply say to them "this is what actual Social Justice Warriors Believe.

But I say no. We should not go backwards and embrace racial segregation. We should not embrace one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in American history. We should not disrespectfully disregard the blood, sweat, and sacrifice that previous activists made. We cannot embrace liberalism and the Democratic Party Agenda. The ultimate goal of the SJW movement is authoritarianism, and I think it should be opposed at every turn with every fiber of our being. We must reject the Democratic Party and their quest to re-institute segregation. Fortunately the American people have complied: Democrats have lost over 1000 seats since Obama took office. The losses must continue to pile up until either the spine of the Democratic Party is shattered forever or they reject completely and utterly the SJW movement. Americans are fed up with their embrace of open and unbridled racism and their quest to take this country backwards.

What say you: do you support racial segregation and taking this country backwards? Or do you want to reject the SJW movement endorsed by the Democratic Party?

Conflating a minority dormitory with segregation is stupid. Students are not asking for separate water fountains and classes, just a place to live free of racism.

Calling everything segregation is usually an attempt by racists to justify and promote segregation. It's an attempt to claim segregation is natural and right. It's similar to the "democratic party plantation" narrative suggesting blacks are naturally slaves.

College is a place where we often do silly things. I and friends did so years ago. Others today.

I remember "movement" meetings where there might be a caucus of black people or women. Made sense that groups might want to talk privately about cues some of us gave we were unaware of. (They also were not shy about telling us, either.) This goes a bit far. An entire dorm building?

It would be interesting to see if there were exclusive Italian-American groups et al. on campus and other contexts.

Conflating a minority dormitory with segregation is stupid. Students are not asking for separate water fountains and classes, just a place to live free of racism.

That's not conflation. A separate dorm to remove one race from all the other races, is the very definition of segregation.

Calling everything segregation is usually an attempt by racists to justify and promote segregation. It's an attempt to claim segregation is natural and right. It's similar to the "democratic party plantation" narrative suggesting blacks are naturally slaves.

Now that right there was a good example of conflation.

But are the dorms of equal value?

Value? Separate but equal doctrine was struck down by the Supreme Court in Brown v Board of Education. I don't see that as an issue in the example of black students wanting their own dorm, separate and apart from white students.

Separate sex and race and you divide people based on physical characteristics. Right or wrong, you decide?

That's not conflation. A separate dorm to remove one race from all the other races, is the very definition of segregation.

No, it's not. Segregation is the separation of races throughout social sectors. A minority dorm is not segregation. Perhaps you should study the history of segregation if you think it was just dormitories.

Now that right there was a good example of conflation.

1. "Dem party plantation" = blacks naturally slaves
2. Calling everything racist = attempt to rationalize racism as universal and belittle actual racism
3. Calling everything segregation = blacks naturally segregate

Three common racist narratives.

Separate sex and race and you divide people based on physical characteristics. Right or wrong, you decide?

There's nothing wrong with minorities being exclusionary in living space, events and organizations. It's only a problem when the majority power engages in such. When minorities do it, it's empowerment and safe space. When the majority does it, it's inherently supremacist.

Stop equating the actions of a minority with those of the majority.

Conflating a minority dormitory with segregation is stupid.

Wat8.jpg

There's nothing wrong with minorities being exclusionary in living space, events and organizations. It's only a problem when the majority power engages in such. When minorities do it, it's empowerment and safe space. When the majority does it, it's inherently supremacist.

Stop equating the actions of a minority with those of the majority.

The minority will never have the power of the majority, so why would I agree with you?

The minority will never have the power of the majority, so why would I agree with you?

I have no idea how that makes any sense. I guess we're even.

I have no idea how that makes any sense. I guess we're even.

Exactly, if you don't have the power to change it, then it's fruitless to whine about it.

Exactly, if you don't have the power to change it, then it's fruitless to whine about it.

No one is whining about anything. The social dynamics of majority and minority power are the subject. You have no comprehension of my initial reply to you at all, do you. To you, it was gibberish, wasn't it?

No one is whining about anything. The social dynamics of majority and minority power are the subject. You have no comprehension of my initial reply to you at all, do you. To you, it was gibberish, wasn't it?

Of course it was gibberish, because it has no basis in fact or actuality. I can surmise all kinds of abstract crappola as being idealistic, doesn't make it real or possible, makes it crap.

Of course it was gibberish, because it has no basis in fact or actuality. I can surmise all kinds of abstract crappola as being idealistic, doesn't make it real or possible, makes it crap.

There's nothing idealistic about it. You just totally fail to comprehend the significance of a minority being exclusionary as opposed to the majority being exclusionary.

Segregation was the majority being exclusionary. Segregation transcended all social sectors. Totally different than an optional minority dorm.

this sounds as convoluted as the crap from Vietnam where "we destroyed villages to save them"

lets enforce racism to prevent racism. I have a better idea, completely get race out of college applications and I suspect that will start to alleviate this idiocy

this sounds as convoluted as the crap from Vietnam where "we destroyed villages to save them"

lets enforce racism to prevent racism. I have a better idea, completely get race out of college applications and I suspect that will start to alleviate this idiocy

See post #19.

There's nothing idealistic about it. You just totally fail to comprehend the significance of a minority being exclusionary as opposed to the majority being exclusionary.

Segregation was the majority being exclusionary. Segregation transcended all social sectors. Totally different than an optional minority dorm.

You're confusing BS doesn't make you smart. You can achieve dream control if you submit to your subconsciousness and visualize your dreams with non efforts. Help us. A round trip journey in your head? I'm smiling next to you in silent lucidity.

You're confusing BS doesn't make you smart.
:lamo

You can achieve dream control if you submit to your subconsciousness and visualize your dreams with non efforts. Help us. A round trip journey in your head? I'm smiling next to you in silent lucidity.

Lucidity is easily achieved. Try Patricia Garfield's "Creative Dreaming".

:lamo

Lucidity is easily achieved. Try Patricia Garfield's "Creative Dreaming".

The trick eco is to say something complicated in a simple manner, like TD does. When you can learn to diatribe your discourse in a more profound and laymen manner, then you'll be impressive. Otherwise, you're just practicing Mental Masturbation.

Back
Top Bottom