• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revealed: World pupil rankings in science and maths - TIMSS results in full

Problem with these types of tests and surveys, is that it is based on a flawed concept in many ways. The education systems of the countries at the top are typically book learning with very little independence at all for the pupil to actually live. That means when they reach high school and university level they often lack social skills but more importantly the ability to think critically and asses situations. They are basically drones. Having been in such a type of education system and in the more open free thinking type, I have to say that the free thinking one is better overall and gives the better member of society in the end. If we could mix the two, then you would have the perfect education system.

The US is ahead in per pupil spending - that means that they are surely on the path to winning. ;)

It is cool how countries like Singapore or Hong Kong do. But small populations are less the problem and not so interesting as large populations spread over large areas like the Russian Federation. How do they do it?

Do large population know how to play cricket?

Do large population know how to play cricket?

In some countries they might. Soccer is the more popular one in many places, though. ;)

Ha ha saudi you suck!!!

Other than that, it looks quite as I'd expect it to.. What's the deal?

The USA looks to be doing just fine to me considering how diverse it's population is..

Back
Top Bottom