• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revealed: pro-Trump activists plotted violence ahead of Portland rallies

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Well, apparently it's not 'BLM' causing the violence in much of the Portland rallies. Who would have thunk it?

Leaked chat logs show Portland-area pro-Trump activists planning and training for violence, sourcing arms and ammunition and even suggesting political assassinations ahead of a series of contentious rallies in the Oregon city, including one scheduled for this weekend.

The chats on the GroupMe app, shared with the Guardian by the antifascist group Eugene Antifa, show conversations between Oregon members of the Patriots Coalition growing more extreme as they discuss armed confrontations with leftwing Portland activists, and consume a steady diet of online disinformation about protests and wildfires.

At times, rightwing activists discuss acts of violence at recent, contentious protests, which in some cases they were recorded carrying out. At one point, David Willis, a felon currently being sued for his alleged role in an earlier episode of political violence, joins a discussion about the use of paintballs.

Where other members had previously suggested freezing the paintballs for maximum damage, Willis wrote: “They make glass breaker balls that are rubber coated metal. They also have pepper balls but they are about 3 dollars a ball. Don’t freeze paintballs it makes them wildly inaccurate” [sic.]

iLOL How in the world do you get that?
These people are preparing to respond to the violence from the other side.
Don't pretend they're benevolent. Vigilantes going out of their way to pick a fight aren't "responding" to anything except their own bitterness and hatred. This is what escalation looks like.

Don't pretend they're benevolent. Vigilantes going out of their way to pick a fight aren't "responding" to anything except their own bitterness and hatred. This is what escalation looks like.
Pretend? Wut? iLOL What a lame response by you.
In addition. Responding to the violence of those perpetrating it upon you, isn't taking the law into your own hands.

They're taking their violence to Louisville now. It's their M.O.

This is what "escalation" looks like, really?

If you call people discussing possible responses to ongoing riots happening on a regular basis for months "escalation? Riots which have cost billions of dollars in damage, destroyed "mom and pop" businesses, and already resulted in numerous deaths and injury?" Riots which have still not stopped, and are clearly expected to continue until something is done to confront them "escalation?"

Then IMO you have misidentified those who are actually causing such "escalation," and YOU are a part of the real problem.

I'll tell you what; I would not sit back and allow anyone to burn down my business, attack my friends and family, or assault and batter me in the streets with impunity either.

If the State or local government is unwilling or unable to defend my rights, then I will do so by any means necessary too. 🤷‍♂️

From what I could see from a whole bunch of clips one thing stands out to me. Most of the time I'm seeing violence it's from people dressed in all black where you can't see who they are. Part of the black umbrella group? Mourners? Men in black? Deep state folks? The grim reapers?

Pretend? Wut? iLOL What a lame response by you.
In addition. Responding to the violence of those perpetrating it upon you, isn't taking the law into your own hands.

This is what "escalation" looks like, really?

If you call people discussing possible responses to ongoing riots happening on a regular basis for months "escalation? Riots which have cost billions of dollars in damage, destroyed "mom and pop" businesses, and already resulted in numerous deaths and injury?" Riots which have still not stopped, and are clearly expected to continue until something is done to confront them "escalation?"

Then IMO you have misidentified those who are actually causing such "escalation," and YOU are a part of the real problem.

I'll tell you what; I would not sit back and allow anyone to burn down my business, attack my friends and family, or assault and batter me in the streets with impunity either.

If the State or local government is unwilling or unable to defend my rights, then I will do so by any means necessary too. 🤷‍♂️
Don't pretend these moonbats are defending themselves or their own property either. They're coming from across town and even from other states to be vigilantes at "ground zero". If you don't understand how that's escalation then you must be choosing to not understand. They're not cops and they have no business acting like they are.

Don't pretend these moonbats are defending themselves or their own property either. They're coming from across town and even from other states to be vigilantes at "ground zero". If you don't understand how that's escalation then you must be choosing to not understand. They're not cops and they have no business acting like they are.

What we’ve seen from the “protestors” is arson, looting, extortion, intimidation, and cold blooded murder. What does that “escalate” into?

Exactly. Can we say "Kyle Rittenhouse"?

What we’ve seen from the “protestors” is arson, looting, extortion, intimidation, and cold blooded murder. What does that “escalate” into?
No, you've seen that behavior from rioters, not protestors. Both sides have been ignorantly juxtaposing those distinct definitions and it already got tiresome months ago. You should also double-check the definition of "escalate" since you don't seem to understand that it requires a problem to be escalated in the first place.

No, you've seen that behavior from rioters, not protestors. Both sides have been ignorantly juxtaposing those distinct definitions and it already got tiresome months ago. You should also double-check the definition of "escalate" since you don't seem to understand that it requires a problem to be escalated in the first place.

They choose to commingle so there is no such distinction anymore. The problem is that protestors/rioters have been engaging in arson, looting, extortion, intimidation and cold blooded murder for months. My question stands.

Last edited:

You argue a distinction without a difference.

Many of those who engage in "rioting" are also not "Locals." They travel to and from all sorts of various locales armed for bear, and do their thing. Meanwhile, both they AND many "locals" combine to loot, pillage, and burn...and devil take anyone who gets in their way.

I don't see the "plotters" planning to go and confront "peaceful protestors." They are going to confront those who are NOT "peaceful."

They would not feel the need if those local governments (almost invariably DEMOCRAT-led) let the local police do their jobs.

Your one-sided views notwithstanding.

Last edited:
You argue a distinction without a difference.

Many of those who engage in "rioting" are also not "Locals." They travel to and from all sorts of various locales armed for bear, and do their thing. Meanwhile, both they AND many "locals" combine to loot, pillage, and burn...and devil take anyone who gets in their way.

I don't see the "plotters" planning to go and confront "peaceful protestors." They are going to confront those who are NOT "peaceful."

They would not feel the need if those local governments (almost invariably DEMOCRAT-led) let the local police do their jobs.

Your one-sided views notwithstanding.
So what? These pro-Trump activists are not defending themselves or their own property, they're going out of their way to pick a fight with rioters like a vigilante militia. Nothing you just said here refutes that.

So what? These pro-Trump activists are not defending themselves or their own property, they're going out of their way to pick a fight with rioters like a vigilante militia. Nothing you just said here refutes that.

Then maybe the rioters shouldn’t have ESCALATED by stalking and murdering a pro-Trump activist in the street.

Revealed: pro-Trump activists plotted violence ahead of Portland rallies[/
Well, apparently it's not 'BLM' causing the violence in much of the Portland rallies. Who would have thunk it?

of course the premise of the story is false. Even Democrat politicians and their staff members are participating in the endless riots.

of course the premise of the story is false. Even Democrat politicians and their staff members are participating in the endless riots.

You are conflating 'riots' with 'protests'. This is a typical piece of right wing misinformation that gets promoted and accepted by the ignorant and naive. Protesting is not rioting.

You are conflating 'riots' with 'protests'. This is a typical piece of right wing misinformation that gets promoted and accepted by the ignorant and naive. Protesting is not rioting.
Wrong.

Trump's America

Back
Top Bottom