• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reuters: Ranking shows rich nations not leading way to end poverty, inequality

What pathetic silliness. You're hallucinating.

There are not global elites in governance. (Well, maybe one. Angela Merkel.)

There is only the expressed will of the people, that is, when it is expressed at the ballot-box. Which is rare in the US, given that we have one of the lowest participation rates in the world.

Don't believe it. See here, scroll down to page 78 - Figure 11: "League table by country vote-to-registration ratio, parliamentary elections, 1945-2001".

Of 169 countries, Australia is first and the US in 120th.

How can we think that politics in the US is democratic if the people have not all that much inclination to manifest their preferences by voting?

Move their fingers for bitching-in-a-blog, Yes! Move their backsides to go vote, Uh-uh ...

So the decision of free people to vote, or more precisely, to not vote, is proof democracy is not in demonstration?

What type of democracy exists where people are required to vote?

To imagine there are not global elites in governance is unquestionably evidence of a line of thinking that can only be based in fantasy.

The UN is a glaring example of global elites seeking to control the entire human population. What do you think the IPCC is doing, printing suggestions? What do you think they are demanding, spare change?

Pathetic silliness? I think not. Hallucinating? Quite lucid, thank you.

Perhaps those rose colored glasses you're wearing should be removed. Reality doesn't have the same hue that you have embraced.

What type of democracy exists where people are required to vote?

A functional democracy where the people take the responsibility for electing those who represent them. And assume also therefore the responsibility for "un-electing them" when they don't represent them as they wish to be. That is, they are actually required to think.

Were people obliged to vote, we'd not be in this mess we are today - because they would then consider carefully the political sentiments/beliefs of their representatives to assure that they coincide with theirs.

Is it asking to much for people to be required to vote in a democracy - or are you against the obligation because they would then be less likely to be manipulated ... ?

A functional democracy where the people take the responsibility for electing those who represent them. And assume also therefore the responsibility for "un-electing them" when they don't represent them as they wish to be. That is, they are actually required to think.

Were people obliged to vote, we'd not be in this mess we are today - because they would then consider carefully the political sentiments/beliefs of their representatives to assure that they coincide with theirs.

Is it asking to much for people to be required to vote in a democracy - or are you against the obligation because they would then be less likely to be manipulated ... ?

I embrace the freedom implied, inspired, and entrusted to the people, by the Founding Fathers of the United States of America. That means the right to vote, or not vote. That also means they have a right to think, or not think.

NO government should ever be created that demands fealty to it's edicts and it's process. Citizens should ALWAYS be allowed to participate at what ever level they chose. I'd rather see 100 informed people vote, than 1,000 uninformed people vote, only influenced by the latest bauble dangled in front of their face.

Stimulus is only there for major economic downturns.
Otherwise it can have no affect.

Yes, well, by 2010, the Employment-to-population (Percent) Ratio had fallen from 63% to 58.5% since 2008.

That is more than ample justification for Stimulus Spending. That 4.5% difference means a lot to the 14.4 million Americans concerned who are no longer employed as they were in 2008.

Eco-nonsense is not an argument but special pleading.
Eco nuts its won't let us build nuclear power plants and a solar system needed to power such thing is
Not workable either.

And now it's "eco-nonsense"? Why? Because the effluents from the World's Largest Polluting Country (USA) waft eastward to Europe because it doesn't give a damn? And why does it not give a dam? Because BigOil has a lock-hold on electricity generating in the US? (That's what most Europeans think, but who the hell cares!)

You are devoid of a cogent rebuttal so you revert to unsubstantiated sarcasm ...

Yes, well, by 2010, the Employment-to-population (Percent) Ratio had fallen from 63% to 58.5% since 2008.

That is more than ample justification for Stimulus Spending. That 4.5% difference means a lot to the 14.4 million Americans concerned who are no longer employed as they were in 2008.

And now it's "eco-nonsense"? Why? Because the effluents from the World's Largest Polluting Country (USA) waft eastward to Europe because it doesn't give a damn? And why does it not give a dam? Because BigOil has a lock-hold on electricity generating in the US? (That's what most Europeans think, but who the hell cares!)

You are devoid of a cogent rebuttal so you revert to unsubstantiated sarcasm ...

:doh

Largest polluting country is the USA? China is the largest, by a factor of at least 2.

Do you honestly think these anti-USA memes are going to add any credibility to your posts?

Your posts are so riddled with falsehoods and assumptions as to render them folly. And you write of cogent rebuttal?

NO government should ever be created that demands fealty to it's edicts and it's process.

All you can think about are "My Rights" conveniently omitting "Your Duties" as a citizen in a communal democracy.

Warped minds all think alike. Life is all about Me, Me, Me!

And the rest of you can all go to hell. After 6000 years of mankind's evolution on earth some-people never got beyond the Stone-Age ...

All you can think about are "My Rights" conveniently omitting "Your Duties" as a citizen in a communal democracy.

Warped minds all think alike. Life is all about Me, Me, Me!

And the rest of you can all go to hell. After 6000 years of mankind's evolution on earth some-people never got beyond the Stone-Age ...

:roll:

Actually, if you weren't incarcerated by ideology you'd be able to see that I have been writing about the freedoms of PEOPLE, not singular individuals.

There are duties citizens owe the country they live in. It's clear you have a very different view of what those should be.

So you think freedom, and all that word implies, is warped?

A government should be OF the people, BY the people, and FOR the people.

People for the government, in subservience to the rulers, and in service to it's demands has failed throughout history, and absolutely is mired in the Stone Age.

Laughable you would think the total opposite.

Largest polluting country is the USA? China is the largest, by a factor of at least 2.

We're both right and both wrong:

765px-Co2-2013-top40.svg.png

Total emissions, China is the worst polluter. Per capita emissions, the US is the worst.

China is weaning itself off BigOil and BigCoal. The US is not, because of strong lobbies in LaLaLand-on-the-Potomac.

It helps to go looking for the facts before spouting them in a blog ...

Your posts are so riddled with falsehoods and assumptions as to render them folly.

Facts hurts-ya, don't they? They conflict with your trite little view of the world.

Good! That's how you learn ...

Total emissions, China is the worst polluter. Per capita emissions, the US is the worst.

China is weaning itself off BigOil and BigCoal. The US is not, because of strong lobbies in LaLaLand-on-the-Potomac.

Facts hurts-ya, don't they? They conflict with your trite little view of the world.

We are both right and wrong? Total BS. You were WRONG. Period.

Should I post pollution per capita?

You wrote:

Because the effluents from the World's Largest Polluting Country (USA)

Don't let jealousy force you to extreme levels of absurdity.

I'm done.

You lack rational credibility, which makes it pointless to continue.

Au revior

It's always been Eco nonsense. Nothing has changed.
No I recognize nonsense for what it is.
Eco nuts have held back progress to change our energy system cause nuclear is scary.
Big oil has nothing to do with it. Most of the energy generated in the US comes
From coal followed by natural gas/methane. Then nuclear power.
I have been a huge advocate of nuclear plant builds.

The new reactors are amazing and can even fuel themselves.

In any event the first half of your post doesn't negate anything I said.
The fact is the stimulus that was done during that time did nothing.
Why? It wasn't targeted or direct. They would have done better giving every family in the US 10k
Dollars than wasting it the way they did.

Some people are just born with the genetic makeup of being a liberal and wanting to protest against something. There are always things to protest against. If liberals and Eco nuts got absolutely everything they wanted they would still find things to protest against or climb up on their soapbox about. It is in their blood. They know of no other way. No matter what kind of a political or economic system one lives in there will always be establishment and anti-establishment.

Eco nuts have held back progress to change our energy system cause nuclear is scary.

Aint scary in France. How many times must I repeat the same information about zero nuclear-fatalities in more than half-a-century?

The human harm done from the Three Mile Island accident was none, zero, zilch, niente, RIEN ... it cost $2B to clean up.

Small amount to pay for belching CO2 into the atmosphere that YOUR KIDS BREATH - the oil/gas companies are so very grateful!

Ever wonder why life-span is 3 years less in the US than Europe?

I don't ...

Some people are just born with the genetic makeup of being a liberal and wanting to protest against something. There are always things to protest against. If liberals and Eco nuts got absolutely everything they wanted they would still find things to protest against or climb up on their soapbox about. It is in their blood. They know of no other way. No matter what kind of a political or economic system one lives in there will always be establishment and anti-establishment.

yes and now liberals are the establishment and conservatives want to protest for radical reforms. Do you understand?

Small amount to pay for belching CO2 into the atmosphere that YOUR KIDS BREATH - the oil/gas companies are so very grateful!

I don't ...

[/SIZE]

actually Co2 is very very harmless to breath and actually is a natural biproduct or respiration. The problem with C02 is that its a greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming. 1+1=2

yes and now liberals are the establishment and conservatives want to protest for radical reforms. Do you understand?

Do you understand?

Do you understand?

Do you understand?

Do you understand?

Do you understand?

I think not

That's only a CO2 chart. no accounting for methane, hydrofluorocarbons, perflourocarbons, sulfur hexaflouroide, sulfur dioxide, benzene, carbon monoxide, or even water vapor.. and there are many others.
If you take a look at pollution and emissions as a whole western Europe and the USA are quite low emitters. you can check the WHO datababase.

Aint scary in France. How many times must I repeat the same information about zero nuclear-fatalities in more than half-a-century?

The human harm done from the Three Mile Island accident was none, zero, zilch, niente, RIEN ... it cost $2B to clean up.

I don't ...

It doesn't matter what you state or anyone else states Eco nuts are Eco nuts and logic rarely follows
Such people.

It has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with drug and gang violence
Which constitutes a large portion of homicides.

There are other factors more relevant than that.

That's only a CO2 chart. no accounting for methane, hydrofluorocarbons, perflourocarbons, sulfur hexaflouroide, sulfur dioxide, benzene, carbon monoxide, or even water vapor.. and there are many others.
If you take a look at pollution and emissions as a whole western Europe and the USA are quite low emitters. you can check the WHO datababase.

Which means what? We accept the status-quo?

That Americans are living life-spans three years less than Europeans? Without asking the question why?
Average HC costs versus Life Span.jpg

It's pretty obvious why - there is no one reason at the heart of that average life-span. It's the way we work - only Americans give vacation time back to their employer. It's ecological in part as well, but also the way we eat ourselves into obesity and all the illnesses that obesity brings.

Wakey, wakey, America ...

It doesn't matter what you state or anyone else states Eco nuts are Eco nuts and logic rarely follows
Such people.

It has nothing to do with that. It has more to do with drug and gang violence
Which constitutes a large portion of homicides.

There are other factors more relevant than that.

Gun violence is only one factor, which happens to make the headlines far more often than other more common and therefore less interesting ...

Gun violence is only one factor, which happens to make the headlines far more often than other more common and therefore less interesting ...

dismissal fallacies are just that and you are attempting to argue a causation without correlation fallacy.

Originally Posted by Lafayette:

dismissal fallacies are just that and you are attempting to argue a causation without correlation fallacy.

Who needs correlation as regards homicide by gun deaths?

The comparative figures speak for themselves - your chances of being a victim in the US are about ten-to-twenty times higher than elsewhere in a comparable country.

Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year (site-web https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate):

US - 3.43
Australia - 0.16
Canada - 0.38
France - 0.21
Switzerland - 0.23
Germany - 0.07
UK - 0.06
Italy - 0.35
Spain - 0.15
Netherlands - 0.29
Sweden - 0.19
Poland - 0.04
Hungary - 0.11
Czech Republic - 0.15
Austria - 0.10

One would have to be a damn fool not give a damn ...

Originally Posted by Lafayette:

Who needs correlation as regards homicide by gun deaths?

The comparative figures speak for themselves - your chances of being a victim in the US are about ten-to-twenty times higher than elsewhere in a comparable country.

One would have to be a damn fool not give a damn ...

Since most of the homicides are gang or drug related I really don't care if gang bangers are shooting each other.
or if drug dealers are shooting each other.

I should have been more clear your correlation fallacy had to do with energy and people in the US living 3 years less
while ignore other factors that could contribute to that.

Which means what? We accept the status-quo?

That Americans are living life-spans three years less than Europeans? Without asking the question why?
View attachment 67204426

It's pretty obvious why - there is no one reason at the heart of that average life-span. It's the way we work - only Americans give vacation time back to their employer. It's ecological in part as well, but also the way we eat ourselves into obesity and all the illnesses that obesity brings.

Wakey, wakey, America ...

What? Talk about going offcourse. Are you saying that the environment causes Americans to die sooner or our eating habits or gun violence? Please make up your mind and pick one.

Are you saying that the environment causes Americans to die sooner or our eating habits or gun violence? Please make up your mind and pick one.

Choosing just one would please you too much.

It's a number of factors. And here is the one most important because it is personal, and shows that we are all uniquely to blame. From WikiP - Obesity in the United States, excerpt:
Obesity has continued to grow within the United States. Two out of every three Americans are considered to be overweight or obese. During the early 21st century, America often contained the highest percentage of obese people in the world.

Obesity has led to over 120,000 preventable deaths each year in the United States. An obese person in America incurs an average of $1,429 more in medical expenses annually. Approximately $147 billion is spent in added medical expenses per year within the United States.

I should have been more clear your correlation fallacy had to do with energy and people in the US living 3 years less while ignore other factors that could contribute to that.

I never even implied such nonsense.

Learn how to read English ... ?

Back
Top Bottom