• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reuters IRS officials involved in recent scandel recieve violent threats

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
WASHINGTON/CINCINNATI (Reuters) - A current and a former top tax official have been physically threatened in recent weeks as the scandal over Internal Revenue Service targeting of Tea Party and other conservative groups has gathered steam, people familiar with their situation say.

Ousted IRS acting commissioner, Steven Miller, has received such threats, according to a source familiar with his situation. The source declined to elaborate on the nature or the source of the threats.

And the head of the tax-exempt unit at the agency, Lois Lerner, who has been put on administrative leave as investigations into the controversy continue, has had telephone and email messages from unknown sources that "threaten physical violence," according to her attorney William Taylor

Threats made to figures at center of IRS controversy: sources

The IRS has never exactly been popular, and the recent scandal has not helped their image.

But these violent threats should not accepted or allowed to go unnoticed.

I oppose any threats of violence against them or anyone, but I support a threat of life long incarceration for violating the trust given them.

The source declined to elaborate on the nature or the source of the threats.

all this could be is a few post or tweets saying something like "you should have your ass kicked" if even the threats all true

It looks like to me a liar is trying to be a victim

Reuters is doing their best to distract from the real story

Who cares about those low life scum ?

Yes violence is not the answer but I can understand the frustration of people when peopel like Lois Lerner are getting a pass on criminal behaviour.

Would have thought ? That there would be consequences for what those people did ?

all this could be is a few post or tweets saying something like "you should have your ass kicked" if even the threats all true

It looks like to me a liar is trying to be a victim

Reuters is doing their best to distract from the real story

Yes violence is not the answer but I can understand the frustration of people when peopel like Lois Lerner are getting a pass on criminal behaviour.

Would have thought ? That there would be consequences for what those people did ?

What worries me is that attitudes like these will only encourage the people making these threats. There are people who have been distrustful of the IRS, what if that distrust morphs into blind hatred.

You're wrong targeting of conservative groups may be unethical, but it's not even close to being illegal. The fact is that if the IRS had enough personnel, they would review the applications of everyone seeking non profit status.

What worries me is that attitudes like these will only encourage the people making these threats. There are people who have been distrustful of the IRS, what if that distrust morphs into blind hatred.

how many threats do you think Issa or any of the other republicans that are on the same committee doing the questioning and investigation get a day? Do those also worry you? want me to point out the blind hatred directed at them?
stop with the victim hood BS stop with the selected outrage

Last edited:
You're wrong targeting of conservative groups may be unethical, but it's not even close to being illegal. The fact is that if the IRS had enough personnel, they would review the applications of everyone seeking non profit status.

go read the hatch act.

The Hatch Act of 1939, officially An Act to Prevent Pernicious Political Activities, is a United States federal law whose main provision prohibits employees employees in the executive branch of the federal government, except the president, vice-president, and certain designated high-level officials of that branch, from engaging in partisan political activity.

The IRS also released tax information from some of the conservative groups that was targeted to liberal organization and that is also illegal

If nothing illegal went on the FBI wouldn't be involved

all this has been explained over and over again in many threads on the same subject and you liberals ignore it over and over again. get off the Obama Koolaid it is rotting your brain

Last edited:
go read the hatch act.

The IRS also released tax information from some of the conservative groups that was targeted to liberal organization and that is also illegal

If nothing illegal went on the FBI wouldn't be involved

all this has been explained over and over again in many threads on the same subject and you liberals ignore it over and over again. get off the Obama Koolaid it is rotting your brain
the release of the information was done by mistake, I don't remember who did it, but that's the IRS's problem. As for the targeting, please find any evidence the Obama administration was involved.

the release of the information was done by mistake, I don't remember who did it, but that's the IRS's problem. As for the targeting, please find any evidence the Obama administration was involved.

are you for real:lamo
so it being a mistake makes it not illegal? Maybe a bank robber should try that as a defense.
its to late for you you are to far gone

Threats made to figures at center of IRS controversy: sources

The IRS has never exactly been popular, and the recent scandal has not helped their image.

But these violent threats should not accepted or allowed to go unnoticed.

Poor dears.

"We screwed these people over real good, and now they're mad at us. We don't understand it," isn't going to fly.

If one of these scumbags actually becomes a victim of violence over this I promise I'll suppress my giggling long enough to condemn the act.

But my hat is off to Reuters for taking on what can only be called Mission Impossible -- ginning up sympathy for the IRS.

Nonsense

Patience, and you'll be rewarded.

And if you were running things back in 1972, Richard Nixon would have been considered, to this day, as one of the most successful two term Presidents ever to serve. Fortunately, good conservatives and Republicans were prepared to open their minds and eyes and hold their party's leadership to account.

And if you were running things back in 1972, Richard Nixon would have been considered, to this day, as one of the most successful two term Presidents ever to serve. Fortunately, good conservatives and Republicans were prepared to open their minds and eyes and hold their party's leadership to account.
Sorry, that meme doesn't fly. There is no Woodward & Bernstein and no deep throat.

How the hell would you know ?

Your one objective here is to mitigate an activity that would have gotten ANY Republican President almost instantly kicked out of office.

You won't even accept the full scope of the IRS targeting so OF-COURSE it's not criminal. Because you stop reading when it becomes OBVIOUS that the IRS's release of donor list for the sole purpose of targeting them politically was...against the law.

How the hell would you know ?

Your one objective here is to mitigate an activity that would have gotten ANY Republican President almost instantly kicked out of office.

You won't even accept the full scope of the IRS targeting so OF-COURSE it's not criminal. Because you stop reading when it becomes OBVIOUS that the IRS's release of donor list for the sole purpose of targeting them politically was...against the law.
Follow the link:
IRS Office That Targeted Tea Party Also Disclosed Confidential Docs From Conservative Groups - ProPublica

Proverbs 16:18 - "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Patience my friend, patience.
You are barking up the wrong tree, I'm not religious. My faith is that President Obama is a good man and wouldn't partake in such an affair.

Proverbs 16:18 - "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Patience my friend, patience.

Darrel Issa does not have full authority over the oversight committy, Elijah Cummings is the ranking democrat on the Commitee. Like it or not issa has to work with the democrats if he really wants to find the truth.

Back
Top Bottom