• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Restore Peace and stability urgently” – IGAD chief mediator

sudanesia

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The chairperson of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development – IGAD has implored the leaders of South Sudan to to refrain from violence and urgently take all necessary steps to restore peace and stability in the capital and other parts of the country.

“As Chairperson of IGAD, I am deeply disturbed by the fighting and the deaths that have occurred. I would emphasize that both the Government and the opposition in South Sudan are duty bound to exercise restraint and avoid any measures that are likely to escalate the situation,” said Minister Hailemariam of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, who is also Chairperson of IGAD.

“Restore Peace and stability urgently� – IGAD chief mediator | The Sudanese Media Centre

The chairperson of the Intergovernmental Authority on Development – IGAD has implored the leaders of South Sudan to to refrain from violence and urgently take all necessary steps to restore peace and stability in the capital and other parts of the country.

“As Chairperson of IGAD, I am deeply disturbed by the fighting and the deaths that have occurred. I would emphasize that both the Government and the opposition in South Sudan are duty bound to exercise restraint and avoid any measures that are likely to escalate the situation,” said Minister Hailemariam of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, who is also Chairperson of IGAD.

“Restore Peace and stability urgently� – IGAD chief mediator | The Sudanese Media Centre

This is a bad situation and it could easily require a long term presence of international peacekeepers with a robust mandate to stabilize the area. As it is, the tempting rewards are just too large for a successful strongman.

Back
Top Bottom