• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Resolution to expel George Santos from Congress introduced by House Democrat

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON — A resolution to expel lying Long Island Rep. George Santos from the House of Representatives was introduced Thursday following months of calls for his resignation after he admitted making up nearly everything on his resume during his successful 2022 campaign.

“There’s nothing that we know about him that we know is truthful. He’s lied literally about his entire background,” said the resolution’s sponsor, Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.), “This is an unprecedented moment, and the House should come together to expel him.”

Santos, 34, admitted to The Post in December that he had lied about much of his purported background — from graduating Baruch College and working for financial giants like Citigroup and Goldman Sachs to claims that his grandparents escaped the Holocaust and his mother died in the 9/11 terror attacks.
================================================
My favorite repug.

WASHINGTON — A resolution to expel lying Long Island Rep. George Santos from the House of Representatives was introduced Thursday following months of calls for his resignation after he admitted making up nearly everything on his resume during his successful 2022 campaign.

“There’s nothing that we know about him that we know is truthful. He’s lied literally about his entire background,” said the resolution’s sponsor, Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.), “This is an unprecedented moment, and the House should come together to expel him.”

Santos, 34, admitted to The Post in December that he had lied about much of his purported background — from graduating Baruch College and working for financial giants like Citigroup and Goldman Sachs to claims that his grandparents escaped the Holocaust and his mother died in the 9/11 terror attacks.
My favorite repug.

George Santos roasted at DC dinner by fellow pols for lies about volleyball, Judaism​

Embattled Rep. George Santos was roasted by fellow lawmakers at the Washington Press Club on Wednesday, taking hits over his purported prowess at volleyball, his Jewish heritage and other lies.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) channeled her inner stand-up comic as she razzed the freshman congressman from Long Island before an audience of politicians and reporters at the foundation’s annual congressional dinner.

“I know George Santos hoped to deliver tonight’s keynote, but organizers … wanted someone who could tell a joke, but not actually be one,” Mace quipped at the dinner.
===================================================
A compulsive liar.

My favorite repug.
Unfortunately, a House Resolution carries no real force other than expressing the will of the House. If passed, it will not make Santos leave. I'm hoping for 50 R votes in favor of expulsion, but then again, I'm hopelessly optimistic.

Unfortunately, a House Resolution carries no real force other than expressing the will of the House. If passed, it will not make Santos leave. I'm hoping for 50 R votes in favor of expulsion, but then again, I'm hopelessly optimistic.
I was wrong in this post. The House Resolution introduced by D's can expel santos, but it takes a 2/3 majority vote. I was hoping to see 50 elected R's cross the aisle, but that would still be short of expelling him.

Why are this man's crimes always really weird?
As erratic as he seems in his lies and moves, the thing he does that is similar in all of them is that he goes for the emotional angle that is designed to trigger either sympathy or big time adulation. If successfully played, either of these two will come with the added benefit of getting people reluctant to question him. Either if played correctly give him the ability to shut down detractors by shaming them for questioning him. A way to help him dodge answering questions.

IMO this is why he's gotten this far before anyone dug just a little to find out he was lying a lot.

Sympathy
My mother died (more than once)
Charity helping dogs.
My family are Jews that survived the holocaust
I'm gay and an ethnic minority

Adulation
Prestigious education
Star collegiate athlete

I'm sure their are plenty more but all of them gave him the ability to either scare detractors away from questioning him or gave him the ability to shun detractors with a "How dare you question me when (insert sympathy or adulation trigger)?" response.

Don't want him expelled. Want him as the albatross around McCarthy's scrawny, weak little neck.

Up next, the millstone: Anna Mayerhofer.

My favorite repug.
Although I agree that Santos doesn’t belong in congress, I wonder how far this resolution will get. First it is my understanding that it must get out of the ethic committee. Then again, this being a resolution and not a charge, maybe it doesn’t have to go to the ethics committee. If it does then to a floor vote on expulsion. It takes 2/3rds of the House to vote to expel, that’s 290 house members. Without some kind of criminal charges or official wrong doing I doubt whether the 290 vote threshold can be reached.

Leave George alone, that shows initiative. He's gonna be wheel in the party someday. ;)
He's the perfect culmination of where the GOP has been headed for years.
  1. Lying now matter where as a first amendment right
  2. Always the victim of every situation

Don't want him expelled. Want him as the albatross around McCarthy's scrawny, weak little neck.

Up next, the millstone: Anna Mayerhofer.
Luna can only aspire to the heights embellishment of Santos & the Drumpf. Drumpf may have seen Muslims dancing in the street in Newark on 9/11, George put his Mom in the WTC & his Granny in Auschwitz's.

Luna can only aspire to the heights embellishment of Santos & the Drumpf. Drumpf may have seen Muslims dancing in the street in Newark on 9/11, George put his Mom in the WTC & his Granny in Auschwitz's.
Mayerhofer invented 'messianic' Jewish forebears to cover actual Nazi Catholics. It's up there.

Poster child of the Trumplican party.

Although I agree that Santos doesn’t belong in congress, I wonder how far this resolution will get. First it is my understanding that it must get out of the ethic committee. Then again, this being a resolution and not a charge, maybe it doesn’t have to go to the ethics committee. If it does then to a floor vote on expulsion. It takes 2/3rds of the House to vote to expel, that’s 290 house members. Without some kind of criminal charges or official wrong doing I doubt whether the 290 vote threshold can be reached.
It doesn't take much to believe that Santos has been the target of Russian & Chinese security assets. He is on the Science committee which deals with classified things relating to weapon & space technology. Keeping him is a threat to our national security.

It doesn't take much to believe that Santos has been the target of Russian & Chinese security assets. He is on the Science committee which deals with classified things relating to weapon & space technology. Keeping him is a threat to our national security.
Here’s the problem, everyone else working for the government to include the military goes through a through background check among other things when a security clearance is needed. Congressmen and people in the administration get their clearances based on their position as elected official, cabinet members etc. This is regardless of whether or not they could have obtained a security clearance going through the standard procedures every other person must go through.

Then too, if any of these officials who obtain a security clearance violates security regulations, nothing is done to them. But the regular guy gets whammed.

Here’s the problem, everyone else working for the government to include the military goes through a through background check among other things when a security clearance is needed. Congressmen and people in the administration get their clearances based on their position as elected official, cabinet members etc. This is regardless of whether or not they could have obtained a security clearance going through the standard procedures every other person must go through.

Then too, if any of these officials who obtain a security clearance violates security regulations, nothing is done to them. But the regular guy gets whammed.
Santos is a compulsive liar. I believe he can be turned into an enemy asset.

Why are this man's crimes always really weird?
You have time for an answer lol?

Its very complicated because psychiatry and psychology do not have clear explanations for what may cause pathological lying. Usually someone who continually lies is called pathological but then there are some that divide it further and arguye a pathological liar does it without knowing where as a non pathological liar knows he will get a benefit from it.

Some people just lie.

Then again it is a common symptom with people with borderline personality and/or or narcisstic personality and/or anti social personality disorder.

You could have one of those three or a combo of 1,2 and 3 that make you prone to lying. Problems with your frontal lobe when it develops might cause it. So could a brain injury to your frontal lobe or a tumor in that region.

In the case of this guy, it seems to have gone on for many years and so that would lean to a personality disorder.

I would guess the most likely guess without a formal diagnosis is that he has NPD (narcissistic personality disorder) which could explain that his lies are fantasies he plays out in search of a never ending need to be admired and receive special treatment. Its a fine line between that and anti social personality disorder (aspd)where the lies are done to seek personal gain and/or pleasure. I mean he could very well have a mix of the latter two. I am not sure about border line personality disorder because given his age if he had a borderline personality disorder major mood swings including attempting suicide, having a break away from reality requiring hospitalization, self harm (cutting, eating disorder) should have manifested themselves by now or some other kind of acting out.

So I would lean to a mix of NPD and ASPD.

So the question then becomes why do people get such personality disorders.

We have no specific answer. Other than a tumor or brain injury whether its an inherited genetic trait or comes from learned behaviour is not clear.

You can't really address lying. You might be able to manage a personality disorder with a combination of certain drugs and psychotherapy but such treatment does not always work because people with such disorders do not think there is anything wrong and will not change.

This man will lie until he dies. He will move from role to role, changing his name, his occupation, and his relationships. He will not be able to sustain an intimate relationship and his identity will forever change depending on his situation.

My take on him is he is manipulative, deliberate in what he does and does not give a damn whom he harms. His profile would appear non violent but he could turn violent if cornered. In one confrontation with a reporter he was using his passive smiley face and suddenly flipped into a violent glare snapping at the reporter. I timed the change as less then two seconds which would explain he has an explosive temper. He could be violent although he is what we would call passive aggressive-he's more likely to engage in passive behaviour including over-exaggerated feminine tendencies in his speech and walk to make himself seem less threatening as he is larger than the average person.

He claims to be gay but its probably more accurate to say while he prefers sex with men he probably is asexual, i.e., is incapable of expressing intimacy and if he did engage in sex, it would be one way where the partner would have to be controlled by him and serve him but there would be little 2 way reciprocity in the relationship.

By the way one thing I picked up-he has a weakness for food and living a luxurious lifestyle so if this guy ends up in jail which he might one of these days, he's not going to adjust very well. People like him find ways to sell their bodies to get favours in jail situations to survive.

Yah I have put some away in my day...usually for white collar crimes like fraud, embezzlement. Very rare its violence although some can get into domestic violence disputes. What I do notice is they self sabotage. They subconsciously want to get caught. How they get away with what they do I never understand. To me they are obvious in their inconsistencies but they sure seem to fool people. Look at all Trump's followers. Trump has the same personality disorders. Two peas in a pod so to speak.

Just my 2 cents.

My favorite repug.

A little late for them to try to buy credibility by expelling him.

They all lied.

She’s in a public feud with WAPO, I wonder who has receipts?

I am just about apathetic at this point regarding politicians that lie; if we started ditching every politician that lied, DC would be a ghost town.

I'm not saying that would be a bad thing either....:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom