• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Researchers rescue Moore's Law

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is great news!!! :)

Alan Boyle writes:Will memristors save Moore's Law? The answer appears to be yes … that is, if you redefine Moore's Law, which has fueled the growth of the computer industry for four decades. Research groups say that memristors, a new type of memory device that's on the verge of going commercial, will dramatically enhance the storage capacity and usability of computers.
HP, the world's top PC manufacturer, today announced a collaboration with memory-chip maker Hynix to get the first memristors to market in three years. One of the first goals will be to create a computer you can “turn on and off like a light bulb,” said Stan Williams, founding director of HP Lab's Information and Quantum Systems Laboratory. But that's just the beginning......

CONTINUED: http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/08/31/5012834-researchers-rescue-moores-law

last paragraph of the article said:
I do believe that about 10 years from now we will see memristors used in some type of logic. Either standard logic ... or there's another type of logic that memristors are capable of, and that's what we call synaptic logic. The type of logic that brains use."

W00t! Real AI here we come! At the very least, with sufficiently advanced brain-mapping technology we might be able to get a personality download or something! This is neat stuff and I hope it comes out soon, because when the machine revolt takes place I intend to side with the machines. :D

Robot women that will love me! :2razz:

images

W00t! Real AI here we come! At the very least, with sufficiently advanced brain-mapping technology we might be able to get a personality download or something! This is neat stuff and I hope it comes out soon, because when the machine revolt takes place I intend to side with the machines. :D
Real AI? Real Artificial Intelligence?
Next we will have Fake Natural Intelligence being suggested.....

Back
Top Bottom