• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans Won't Have Guns at their Own Convention?

jet57

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
So the party of CCW and open carry and "My rights under the second amendment" are allowing Big Gummit to create a "gun Free Zone" out of their own political convention!?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/u...ans-guns-at-gop-convention-ending-debate.html

The Secret Service said it would forbid attendees to carry firearms at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland in July, neutralizing a debate that had put pressure on the candidates to take a side on the issue.

“Only authorized law enforcement personnel working in conjunction with the Secret Service for a particular event may carry a firearm inside of the protected site,” Kevin Dye, a spokesman for the agency, said in a statement Tuesday.

What gives!?

The secret service is now the party of CCW? I did not know that.

That's not what I posted. Please read it rather than comment erroneously.

Re: What a bull**** bait thread

I had no idea the GOP ran the Secret Service.. :roll:

CCW permit holders are more law abiding than gen pop, of course if they're not allowed to they wont carry.

You haven't read the OP or the article. CCW Republicans are letting Big Gummit deprive them of the second amendment rights.

Why?

I had no idea the GOP ran the Secret Service.. :roll:

CCW permit holders are more law abiding than gen pop, of course if they're not allowed to they wont carry.

CCW holders are arrested in lower percentages than Police officers!

You haven't read the OP or the article. CCW Republicans are letting Big Gummit deprive them of the second amendment rights.

Why?

this is what we call a fraudulent red herring. You hate gun owners and you want to severely restrict and ultimately ban citizens owning guns and you're trying to whine about a party that is better on guns than the one you worship. Talk about dishonest arguments

That would be like all the gun hating democrats that surround themselves with gun toting security.

That would be like all the gun hating democrats that surround themselves with gun toting security.

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Point well made!!

It does seem very hypocritical, why have the SS if everyone is armed? Tell the SS to buzz off, good guys with guns have it covered.

So the party of CCW and open carry and "My rights under the second amendment" are allowing Big Gummit to create a "gun Free Zone" out of their own political convention!?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/u...ans-guns-at-gop-convention-ending-debate.html

What gives!?

Do we never stop criticizing? What on earth is wrong with prohibiting weapons at a political convention? Unlike most every other gun free zone, however, they'll have professional protection and, probably, metal detectors.

Do we never stop criticizing? What on earth is wrong with prohibiting weapons at a political convention? Unlike most every other gun free zone, however, they'll have professional protection and, probably, metal detectors.

It's not a gun free zone if there is armed security.

The point is apparently way over your head; no offense.

The NRA gun crowd rails against big gummit creating "gun free zones" and denying "the right to carry". So here is the party bought by the NRA throwing a convention, and suddenly it's okay for Big Gummit to "deny their rights under the second amendment", and you don't see the huge irony in that?

I mean, what if a terrorist has an AR15 and a thousand rounds? What about the rights under the second amendment? What about Big Gummit trampling the constitution?

C'mon Maggie...

The NRA gun crowd rails against big gummit creating "gun free zones" and denying "the right to carry". So here is the party bought by the NRA throwing a convention, and suddenly it's okay for Big Gummit to "deny their rights under the second amendment", and you don't see the huge irony in that?

I mean, what if a terrorist has an AR15 and a thousand rounds? What about the rights under the second amendment? What about Big Gummit trampling the constitution?

C'mon Maggie...

Then I'm sure the Democrat convention won't have armed guards. A lot of families and children will be in attendance.

C'mon Maggie...

Simple question Jet... Is Quicken Loans Arena a Private or Public building?

Then I'm sure the Democrat convention won't have armed guards. A lot of families and children will be in attendance.

I have no idea what they're gonna do. I won't be there. And having a lot of families and children there is just crying for everybody to armed - to keep it safe isn't it? But the NRA Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouths don't they. Another example of how they USE our constitution to fit their agenda. When push comes to shove the second amendment doesn't mean a damn thing does it. But boy let a Democratic governor make that suggestion for the Republican convention and he'd be a Marxist gun banner for sure.

Funny how the right-wing fakes their dedication.

C'mon Maggie...

I don't see irony. Not allowing guns at a political convention reGARDless of which party is hosting only makes common sense. I think some are trying too hard to make a point.

Simple question Jet... Is Quicken Loans Arena a Private or Public building?

Nice dodge dude. Quicken Loans didn't make the decision, "Big Gummit did". And that's okay with you.

I have no idea what they're gonna do. I won't be there. And having a lot of families and children there is just crying for everybody to armed - to keep it safe isn't it? But the NRA Republicans talk out of both sides of their mouths don't they. Another example of how they USE our constitution to fit their agenda. When push comes to shove the second amendment doesn't mean a damn thing does it. But boy let a Democratic governor make that suggestion for the Republican convention and he'd be a Marxist gun banner for sure.

Funny how the right-wing fakes their dedication.

The constitution supports thier agenda, that should tell you something.

I don't see irony. Not allowing guns at a political convention reGARDless of which party is hosting only makes common sense. I think some are trying too hard to make a point.

Please Maggie. You're dancing around the issue.

The constitution supports thier agenda, that should tell you something.

Now you're diverting. The right-wing does not take the second amendment seriously if they're not going to pitch a bitch at this.

Now you're diverting. The right-wing does not take the second amendment seriously if they're not going to pitch a bitch at this.

So the right wing should oppose private business not allowing guns on thier property? The second amendment applies to the limits of government against the rights of the people to keep and bare arms. If I can't carry a gun into Wells Fargo bank that is a second amendment violation to you?

Should the RNC force the private owners of the convention to allow guns against thier will?

Last edited:
Nice dodge dude. Quicken Loans didn't make the decision, "Big Gummit did". And that's okay with you.
What did I dodge? I asked a simple question that apparently wasn't so simple.

I'd say the dodge was on you dude but thanks for the laugh.

Back
Top Bottom