• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....[W:131, 211]

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The Republican National Committee charged Monday that NBC and CNN are promoting a potential presidential candidacy by Hillary Rodham Clinton, threatening to blackball them from future GOP primary debates if they air upcoming programs on the former secretary of state.

d11651c334aca01a390f6a706700ca89.jpg

RNC chairman Reince Priebus called a planned NBC miniseries on Clinton and a CNN documentary on the first lady an "extended commercial" for a future Clinton presidential campaign. In separate letters to the networks, he urged them to cancel "this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production."

Richard Licata, an NBC Entertainment spokesman, declined comment on the request and referred calls to NBC News, which said in a statement that it "is completely independent of NBC Entertainment and has no involvement in this project."

CNN said in a statement that "instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more."

"Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters," CNN said.

In the letters, Priebus said the RNC would refuse to partner with the two networks on future Republican primary debates or sanction any debates which CNN or NBC may sponsor if they continued with their Clinton programs. Unless the networks comply, he plans to push for the sanctions at an RNC meeting in Boston beginning on Aug. 14.....snip~

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton programs

Looks like the Republicans are continuing on with putting their foot off into their mouths. When did we start picking out these Dweebs to try and lead?

So is Preibus Right to make this move? We had a thread up on this before. Now it is clear it has raised some heads over this issue. Other Right leaning activists are calling this out as well. So again should they pull these ads? Will Priebus make good on the threat and take out the legs of the republican party before they can stand?

Last edited:
Re: Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....

It's Official.....straight from the RNC too.

In letters addressed to NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt and CNN President Jeff Zucker on Aug. 5, Priebus warned that RNC members intend to vote on a resolution at their party-wide meeting later this month to shut out the networks from partnering with the party on Republican primary debates if they do not cancel the programs.

"Out of a sense of fairness and decency and in the interest of the political process and your company's reputation, I call on you to cancel this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production,” Priebus wrote. "If you have not agreed to pull this programming prior to the start of the RNC's Summer Meeting on August 14, I will seek a binding vote of the RNC stating that the committee will neither partner with you in 2016 primary debates nor sanction primary debates which you sponsor."

Both parties traditionally partner with news outlets to broadcast presidential debates in both the primary and general elections.

Read the letters sent to NBC and CNN.....snip~

RNC threatens to shut out CNN and NBC from presidential debate partnerships

What happened to free speech?
Priebus must really be worried about his party and scared of Hillary.
The GOP should air a biography about one of their potential candidates or two or three because as it stands now, no Republican is going to be President.

The Republican National Committee charged Monday that NBC and CNN are promoting a potential presidential candidacy by Hillary Rodham Clinton, threatening to blackball them from future GOP primary debates if they air upcoming programs on the former secretary of state.

RNC chairman Reince Priebus called a planned NBC miniseries on Clinton and a CNN documentary on the first lady an "extended commercial" for a future Clinton presidential campaign. In separate letters to the networks, he urged them to cancel "this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production."

Richard Licata, an NBC Entertainment spokesman, declined comment on the request and referred calls to NBC News, which said in a statement that it "is completely independent of NBC Entertainment and has no involvement in this project."

CNN said in a statement that "instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more."

"Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters," CNN said.

In the letters, Priebus said the RNC would refuse to partner with the two networks on future Republican primary debates or sanction any debates which CNN or NBC may sponsor if they continued with their Clinton programs. Unless the networks comply, he plans to push for the sanctions at an RNC meeting in Boston beginning on Aug. 14.....snip~

Looks like the Republicans are continuing on with putting their foot off into their mouths. When did we start picking out these Dweebs to try and lead?

So is Preibus Right to make this move? We had a thread up on this before. Now it is clear it has raised some heads over this issue. Other Right leaning activists are calling this out as well. So again should they pull this ads? Will Priebus make good on the thread and take out the legs of the republican party before they can stand?

Republicans should pull from all debates with liberal moderators from CNN NBC ABC and CBS they gain nothing from them. All those moderators did was attempt to gain points for their side by bringing up issues that where not relevant to the current condition of the country. they stayed away from relevant questions like the economy that would hurt Obama, and asked questions on social issue in an attempt to use their answers to beat them over the head with it later on in the campaign

If the press is not going to play a fair game don't play their game take the ball and go some where who does

Republicans should pull from all debates with liberal moderators from CNN NBC ABC and CBS they gain nothing from them. All those moderators did was attempt to gain points for their side by bringing up issues that where not relevant to the current condition of the country they stayed away from relevant questions like the economy that would hurt Obama and asked the questions on social issue in an attempt to use their answers to beat them over the head with it later on in the campaign

If the press is not going to play a fair game don't play their game take the ball and go some where who does

What were you watching?

The GOP

Free speech? Yes. How does that apply here?

It's Official.....straight from the RNC too.

In letters addressed to NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt and CNN President Jeff Zucker on Aug. 5, Priebus warned that RNC members intend to vote on a resolution at their party-wide meeting later this month to shut out the networks from partnering with the party on Republican primary debates if they do not cancel the programs.

"Out of a sense of fairness and decency and in the interest of the political process and your company's reputation, I call on you to cancel this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production,” Priebus wrote. "If you have not agreed to pull this programming prior to the start of the RNC's Summer Meeting on August 14, I will seek a binding vote of the RNC stating that the committee will neither partner with you in 2016 primary debates nor sanction primary debates which you sponsor."

Both parties traditionally partner with news outlets to broadcast presidential debates in both the primary and general elections.

Read the letters sent to NBC and CNN.....snip~

RNC threatens to shut out CNN and NBC from presidential debate partnerships

IMO its a tempest in a teapot.
Hillary isn't gonna be the nominee & I'm not sure anyone will watch the show.

Priebus is useless imo Steele was much better.

If they're worried about anything they should worry about the
moderators-AKA Crowley & Eifel sp !:twocents:

Think about it!
Yeah. I did. Didn't see how it applied. That's why I asked the question.

So is Preibus Right to make this move? We had a thread up on this before. Now it is clear it has raised some heads over this issue. Other Right leaning activists are calling this out as well. So again should they pull these ads? Will Priebus make good on the threat and take out the legs of the republican party before they can stand?

The idea of this programming bothers me. It's little more than a political ad, in my opinion. I think the Democratic Party's got it down pat. They've done an excellent job of controlling the media and using it to their best advantage. It's a little scary, actually.

I think we need to go back to Equal and Fair Use laws. (I think they're gone . . . they must be or this wouldn't be allowed.)

Yeah. I did. Didn't see how it applied. That's why I asked the question.

If one man is going to dictate to the network owners what they can and cannot air on TV, is that one man taking away their First Amendment rights?

The idea of this programming bothers me. It's little more than a political ad, in my opinion. I think the Democratic Party's got it down pat. They've done an excellent job of controlling the media and using it to their best advantage. It's a little scary, actually.

I think we need to go back to Equal and Fair Use laws. (I think they're gone . . . they must be or this wouldn't be allowed.)

Of what are you afraid?

The GOP should air a biography about one of their potential candidates or two or three because as it stands now, no Republican is going to be President.

Hiya LB. :2wave: Well at least you have that Part Right. Now what does the Democrats do.....when Hillary says she isn't running? :shock: Now all that money and famed footage. The Price Hillary Paid.....to walk away. Hillary's Only chance to get into the White House. Is to divorce Bilbo. Her Only Real Chance! ;)

Hiya LB. :2wave: Well at least you have that Part Right. Now what does the Democrats do.....when Hillary says she isn't running? :shock: Now all that money and famed footage. The Price Hillary Paid.....to walk away. Hillary's Only chance to get into the White House. Is to divorce Bilbo. Her Only Real Chance! ;)

Hiya!
The networks will rack in the dough since most people will tune in to watch.
Isn't that the main objective--money?

Those who control the media control the country.

We Americans have choices which we means we don't have to watch; therefore, we have the control.

What were you watching?

like questions about Gingrich affair he had over 20 years ago and his personal spending habits. They asked Santorum about birth control that was never a issue. Never did they ever ask personal questions about Obamas life or spending habits, and only once asked him an abortion question that he skirted by saying it was above my pay grade.
Never once was Obama ever challenged on any of his fringe beliefs or his questionable associates in a debate. Never brought up his refusal to release his college transcripts as they repeatedly beat Romney over the head about his tax returns. Never once did they question Obama about eating dog but chastised Romney for putting one on top of his car. do you want me to continue

So is Preibus Right to make this move? We had a thread up on this before. Now it is clear it has raised some heads over this issue. Other Right leaning activists are calling this out as well. So again should they pull this ads? Will Priebus make good on the thread and take out the legs of the republican party before they can stand?

Though on first look I thought it was a bad idea, now I applaud Priebus. It is about time Republicans took on a very biased media. If they are not going to play fair, and they are not... we take our ball and go home. These extended commercials are not, remotely, going to attempt to tell a down and dirty real truth about Hillary... the woman sat in front of committee and straight out lied and dodged, in admittedly a very cunning requiring intelligence fashion, about the debacle that we, the American people, still do not have the truth on in Benghazi.

That in and of itself would/should disqualify her to hold any office in our Federal government ever again. And yet she, through the contortions and gymnastics of a media in the tank for liberals, is considered a front runner for the position of Democrat Party nominee for president. We see this over and over. GOP/Tea Party bad, DNC/liberal left good. If the game is not going to be played fair, and one considers their party to be an honorable party, why participate in a sham where all the refs are mostly only calling fouls on your team? Candy Crowely ring any bells? Just does not comport with common sense, prudence and has not proven pragmatic.

Gotta stand up to this evil, so go for it, Reince.

Last edited:

True enough, and like I've said before, the Education and Journalism professions, for example, are examples of the community organization model.
Too many people choose those professions in order to actualize the Leftist agenda.
And it has been working.

Good Morning Maggie
hat.gif
.....indeed they do. Also NBC owns the Comedy Channel another one of their attack venues. Chris Dodd is head of MPAA. Steilberg and his group of Directors. Dream Works etc etc. All are looking to sew up Hollywood. Then there is Emanuel's brother and that group of Progressive Director Actors. Such as Clooney, Damon, and their likes. All with issues and all carrying tissues.

Then there is the Owner of the Google, The Washington Post etc etc. Course NY Times and their merry band of liberals too. Which they have been working on this for years. So they do have an advantage.

Hiya!
The networks will rack in the dough since most people will tune in to watch.
Isn't that the main objective--money?

I would think so.....but with control of Programming. Then they can make sure Hillary's Piece isn't shown like say on Monday Night Football. or some other Special. Where NBC would lose in the Rankings. Which CNN for years has been infiltrated with people from the Clintons. So they will do so and can due to being a cable channel.

like questions about Gingrich affair he had over 20 years ago and his personal spending habits. They asked Santorum about birth control that was never a issue. Never did they ever ask personal questions about Obamas life or spending habits, and only once asked him an abortion question that he skirted by saying it was above my pay grade.
Never once was Obama ever challenged on any of his fringe beliefs or his questionable associates in a debate. Never brought up his refusal to release his college transcripts as they repeatedly beat Romney over the head about his tax returns. Never once did they question Obama about eating dog but chastised Romney for putting one on top of his car. do you want me to continue

Romney was asked repeatedly what cuts he would make in his budget. Not once did he give an answer.
Perry was asked what three things he would cut if he were elected President. He couldn't remember.
Want to talk about the insurance question?

I would think so.....but with control of Programming. Then they can make sure Hillary's Piece isn't shown like say on Monday Night Football. or some other Special. Where NBC would lose in the Rankings. Which CNN for years has been infiltrated with people from the Clintons. So they will do so and can due to being a cable channel.

Again, people can choose to watch or not.

If one man is going to dictate to the network owners what they can and cannot air on TV, is that one man taking away their First Amendment rights?
Who's doing dictating?
This isn't like forcing a non-disclosure agreement or even forcing lie detector tests on somebody.
NBC and CNN can still air whatever they want when they want.

Who's doing dictating?
This isn't like forcing a non-disclosure agreement or even forcing lie detector tests on somebody.
NBC and CNN can still air whatever they want when they want.

Priebus is trying to dictate with his empty threats, but as usual, he will get no where.

Back
Top Bottom