• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....[W:131, 211]

Re: Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....

Yanno...

Your folks did a great job, especially during the Cold War period, to insinuate yourselves into education, K-12 [ being in control of the various teachers unions ] and at the university level [especially in the non hard sciences], into media including Hollywood [ which used to be pretty damn patriotic ] and so your side has gained control of the message...and as proven to anyone who wants to look, your side lies, makes insinuations you can no more back up than the man in the moon about the past regarding who was to blame for the preponderance of the atrocities and outrages. Your side, additionally, makes accusations, tries to make it seem as if my side, as you here have very well expressed , bear these various animuses against these many groups, all totally fabricated but which are incessantly echoed in lockstep by the media and in our educational systems by the majority of teachers under your influence... all making it appear as if that which is utterly, undeniably false is, without doubt, just absolutely true [ "come everyone knows that" styled assumptions].

The truth, like they used to say on the X files, actually is out there, but few actually take the time to research it....hey, my teacher told me such and such....and/or I saw a movie once that...and so on and so on over many years...so many years, too many years now...that it is just automatically assumed to be true...just like you presented here. You do not have the facts on your side, so what is your choice after that to "win" the argument that you offer? Well, you convince all them dum folks that what we say is a lie is actually true, and "good luck".

That is, quite simply, a sad argument, sad for a country to be in this condition just because your side has shaped the message in such a way that the regular everyday person has no clue as to the reality, to the past nor present, and so your side profits continuously based on these out and out prevarications.

You as someone who professes to want to debate have here been decisively proven absolutely wrong in what you thought was the truth about the past on Civil Rights, Voting Rights, which side was actually deeply involved with the holding of people down. With additional history describing what was actually going on to who were on the side who protested the landmark case [ your side ] overturning the separate but equal doctrine of Plessy v Ferguson and replaced it with Brown v Board [ guess who appointed the Chief Justice who, even with a democrat KKK member being one of the justices, obtained a unanimous decision on this? Ike ], whose side was the president that actually sent in Federal troops to Little Rock to assure those nine African American students could go to school when the democrat governor of Arkansas stood in their way...first time Federal troops had been sent to the south in that manner since Reconstruction, risking a potential new civil war...again, it was the Republicans with Ike. Even under Nixon did more occur to integrate the south than any president before [ Kennedy, who just was not very good on the whole civil rights thing, nor Johnson, who was just pretending, saying, " We'll have those N*****s voting for us for the next two hundred years"] or since.

Domestic Politics . Nixon . WGBH American Experience | PBS

Probably had no clue about that either, huh?

While it was my side that did all the really heavy lifting [ heck, haven't even mentioned the Civil War and the near 400 thousand the Republicans lost against your Democrats defending slavery, nor all the Amendments banning slavery, 13th, then the 14th and 15th, the many civil rights acts attempting to make sure of all and inclusive peoples rights all during the Reconstruction period ] and yet it is your side that takes the credit and mine which is assigned the blame?. It is absolutely mind numbingly excruciating to see you folks get away with this bait and switch... but ...

You know, there is a thing called karma... and when it finally comes it will kick some donkey, I can assure you that.

I'm truly flattered ... the time and effort it took you to put this together could not have been easy, and clearly you care a great deal about what I think, but you keep missing the point I'm afraid, as you do with global warming ... and since you "refudiate" (to quote one of your denier colleagues) science and scientific thinking, you're not worth the time to respond to, at least not with all that I have on my plate now (maybe later?) ... I'd love to have you in one of classes, so I can teach you how to interpret the data you've provided (which is old news to most of us, but I like your excitement in rediscovering the Mediterranean) ...

So this the new plan, eh?

That might work for FoxNews and perhaps Cspan, but I don't think "bullying" will impress the other networks. Without exposure in other markets besides Fox, the RNC is simply cutting off it's nose to spite it's face.

As Preibus would say, I think, who cares about the other networks? If they are already in the tank for the other guys, let them form their circular firing squad and blast away, who cares?

Nobody any longer is going to play the rigged game, where the ref's only call fouls on the one team.

And now, with your team only aiming at itself in its debates, it will be the next hit reality show, a comedy of dunces lined up with their peace signs, long hair and afros, tie dyed shirts sitting cross legged, all listening with feigned reverence to the lone sitar twanging its life-lifting music piped into the background...

Contestant No. 1, What is the reason we should vote for you, ...? "Well, for one, as well as first of all, I will save the world"

Contestant No. 2, same question. "I will save the world even more, more better than she would"

Contestant No. 3? " I will save the world... from the United States of America!!!"

...and with that the entire audience stands up cheering, some rejoicing by making love not war in the aisles. Flowers [ no, not Gennifer, silly ] popping out from everywhere...pandemonium for the next 45 minutes and the debate closes with doves being released into the dome, trapped, unable to get out...completely confusing the animal rights folks...

Ahhh....such will be the kind of fun when we justly cut them off. Go Preibus!!!

Last edited:

Ahhh....such will be the kind of fun when we justly cut them off. Go Preibus!!!

No, what will happen is the GOP will have a harder time getting their message across and continue to only impress 40% of their voters and lose elections except in GOP controlled states.

And then the right will complain and blame the MSM for their loss.

Yes, Go Preibus! :roll:

I'm truly flattered ... the time and effort it took you to put this together could not have been easy, and clearly you care a great deal about what I think, but you keep missing the point I'm afraid, as you do with global warming ... and since you "refudiate" (to quote one of your denier colleagues) science and scientific thinking, you're not worth the time to respond to, at least not with all that I have on my plate now (maybe later?) ... I'd love to have you in one of classes, so I can teach you how to interpret the data you've provided (which is old news to most of us, but I like your excitement in rediscovering the Mediterranean) ...

No, I agree... with your side's inability to understand truth and the science, it is worthless to try to convince you...but you see, all that was not written primarily for you, you are an ideologue who refuses truth and proof.

What I write is meant for those who are actually searching, actively seeking truth, to give them food for thought, to say, "Huh? That is not what I have been told, but this guy has the evidence, facts, solid truth to back up what he says... maybe he is onto something, maybe I should do a little independent investigation on my own." That is how I got clued in, people argued better, had more factual information than what I had been taught in school to believe without question... and I had not questioned it like I should have.

Sorry to let you down from thinking I did this all for you, window, I do this for the country I love.

Oh, and I teach also, so would love to show you how its really supposed to be done, not just regurgitating what the master told you to say, but having to show proof, defending your viewpoints... as you seem unable to do so here, it would be a very valuable learning experience for you.

No, what will happen is the GOP will have a harder time getting their message across and continue to only impress 40% of their voters and lose elections except in GOP controlled states.

And then the right will complain and blame the MSM for their loss.

Yes, Go Preibus! :roll:

Think what you care to, its still a free country.. altho with the political correctness and liberal word/thought police, getting harder and harder to say that [openly] with a straight face. The Constitution allows for you to be wrong... and gullible. So, certainly, go your merry way, and as for your own analysis, well, everyone has one and thus is so entitled.

We will take our chances without the bad refs, thank you very much.

Think what you care to, its still a free country.. altho with the political correctness and liberal word/thought police, getting harder and harder to say that [openly] with a straight face. The Constitution allows for you to be wrong... and gullible. So, certainly, go your merry way, and as for your own analysis, well, everyone has one and thus is so entitled.

We will take our chances without the bad refs, thank you very much.

Hey no problem, if all you want is a GOP circle jerk, FoxNews and The blaze has you covered.

Hey no problem, if all you want is a GOP circle jerk, FoxNews and The blaze has you covered.

Hmmm....gotta know your jargon a little better there....and use it where it is apropos, TNE.

See, the GOP doesn't do the circle jerk thing, that is a totally liberal/left type public display of affection that we shun on this side... its quite similar to the misuse of the term teabagging to associate it with our side while it is primarily, almost exclusively, and activity participated in by your side of the aisle.

Y'all need to take a course in being able to correctly link terms with the applicable group. I mean, c'mon y'all.

No, I agree... with your side's inability to understand truth and the science, it is worthless to try to convince you...but you see, all that was not written primarily for you, you are an ideologue who refuses truth and proof.

What I write is meant for those who are actually searching, actively seeking truth, to give them food for thought, to say, "Huh? That is not what I have been told, but this guy has the evidence, facts, solid truth to back up what he says... maybe he is onto something, maybe I should do a little independent investigation on my own." That is how I got clued in, people argued better, had more factual information than what I had been taught in school to believe without question... and I had not questioned it like I should have.

Sorry to let you down from thinking I did this all for you, window, I do this for the country I love.

Oh, and I teach also, so would love to show you how its really supposed to be done, not just regurgitating what the master told you to say, but having to show proof, defending your viewpoints... as you seem unable to do so here, it would be a very valuable learning experience for you.

have a good one G ... :yawn:

Hmmm....gotta know your jargon a little better there....and use it where it is apropos, TNE.

See, the GOP doesn't do the circle jerk thing, that is a totally liberal/left type public display of affection that we shun on this side... its quite similar to the misuse of the term teabagging to associate it with our side while it is primarily, almost exclusively, and activity participated in by your side of the aisle.

Y'all need to take a course in being able to correctly link terms with the applicable group. I mean, c'mon y'all.

Sorry you don't like facts, but the Blaze and Fox News are GOP circle jerks. Not my fault you hate faults son.

The blaze is just a Beck, Hannity love fest.

As for teabagging, sorry your side HAS used it for "Teabagging America".

As for my side of the isle, which side would that be and I'm sure you can provide quotes supporting that. So let's see them son.

Re: Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....[W:131]

News stations should have no business in affecting the political war in this country. They are just adding false information and fuel to the fire of division.

The Republican National Committee charged Monday that NBC and CNN are promoting a potential presidential candidacy by Hillary Rodham Clinton, threatening to blackball them from future GOP primary debates if they air upcoming programs on the former secretary of state.

d11651c334aca01a390f6a706700ca89.jpg

RNC chairman Reince Priebus called a planned NBC miniseries on Clinton and a CNN documentary on the first lady an "extended commercial" for a future Clinton presidential campaign. In separate letters to the networks, he urged them to cancel "this political ad masquerading as an unbiased production."

Richard Licata, an NBC Entertainment spokesman, declined comment on the request and referred calls to NBC News, which said in a statement that it "is completely independent of NBC Entertainment and has no involvement in this project."

CNN said in a statement that "instead of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion, we would encourage the members of the Republican National Committee to reserve judgment until they know more."

"Should they decide not to participate in debates on CNN, we would find it curious, as limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters," CNN said.

In the letters, Priebus said the RNC would refuse to partner with the two networks on future Republican primary debates or sanction any debates which CNN or NBC may sponsor if they continued with their Clinton programs. Unless the networks comply, he plans to push for the sanctions at an RNC meeting in Boston beginning on Aug. 14.....snip~

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton programs

Looks like the Republicans are continuing on with putting their foot off into their mouths. When did we start picking out these Dweebs to try and lead?

So is Preibus Right to make this move? We had a thread up on this before. Now it is clear it has raised some heads over this issue. Other Right leaning activists are calling this out as well. So again should they pull these ads? Will Priebus make good on the threat and take out the legs of the republican party before they can stand?

Moderator's Warning:
The basement level pissing match needs to end or people are going to get the boot

News stations should have no business in affecting the political war in this country. They are just adding false information and fuel to the fire of division.

Heya Lukas. :2wave: You got that Right.
highfive.gif

Btw.....Welcome to the Forums of Debate Politics.
yo2.gif

That is dumb because the GOP is part of the problem in Washington. There is a bunch of big money and lobbyist behind their policies.

I want small government to gives more freedom to individuals, not the kind that let's Walmart pay its employees two dollars an hour.

I agree, so vote the Tea Parties, they are the only ones who are actually semi-credible on small government... but Priebus at least is excluding the big money controlling what we think in those rigged debates...

You are contradictory on the Walmart thing, small government will allow business and individuals come to an agreement among themselves, if its for $2 an hour, then that's what they agreed. Big govt is what tries to get involved at that level.

You are contradictory on the Walmart thing, small government will allow business and individuals come to an agreement among themselves, if its for $2 an hour, then that's what they agreed. Big govt is what tries to get involved at that level.

Government and unions have a role to play to ensure that the individual is not railroaded by the big corporations. A wage negotiation should not be akin to David facing Goliath and not even being given a slingshot.

Government and unions have a role to play to ensure that the individual is not railroaded by the big corporations. A wage negotiation should not be akin to David facing Goliath and not even being given a slingshot.

We have laws in place, no use for unions especially... if government gave business breathing room a bit we would have freer markets.

Does not really matter what one thinks, global competition is what will determine who becomes the ultimate D v G. No doubt global wages will rise... ours are at the top, achieved before and after that competition arrived on scene. Too much after that competition made itself felt. Now we will be forced to be more realistic or will inevitably sustain greater losses to the competition that will ensue... stands to reason.

Value will have to become more and more the determinant of wages. This will necessitate a drive towards learning, expressing more skills individually. Not a bad thing. Some employers may pay the least in return recieving the least qualified, least reliable, least productive, the least qualitatively... smart employers will attract the better workers... and remember we have other laws protecting the workplace, work environment, discrimination, ...

Ignore it, but we do have to continue to compete.

We have laws in place, no use for unions especially... if government gave business breathing room a bit we would have freer markets.

No, we'd just have bigger monopolies, as if they're not big enough already.

As an anarcho-communist I'm constantly told that neither anarchy nor communism have ever been successfully applied anywhere. "Give us an example of where it (anarchy/communism/anarcho-communism) has been successful and then we'll consider it", I hear a lot. Now, can you or anyone else who sets such store in free market libertarianism point out to me where this has been tried and succeeded? Where have there ever been free markets with free movement of capital, labour and resources?

I have a sneaking suspicion that what you mean when you say, "gave business breathing room" is that you wish to sell government to the highest bidder. What you want is for capitalism to be superseded by plutocracy, which is in fact happening right now anyway despite, or probably because of, all your big government. Modern so-called right libertarians are basically providing a fan base for the exploitation of the individual by the corporate. They are the enemies of liberty, not its champions.

No, we'd just have bigger monopolies, as if they're not big enough already.

As an anarcho-communist I'm constantly told that neither anarchy nor communism have ever been successfully applied anywhere. "Give us an example of where it (anarchy/communism/anarcho-communism) has been successful and then we'll consider it", I hear a lot. Now, can you or anyone else who sets such store in free market libertarianism point out to me where this has been tried and succeeded? Where have there ever been free markets with free movement of capital, labour and resources?

I have a sneaking suspicion that what you mean when you say, "gave business breathing room" is that you wish to sell government to the highest bidder. What you want is for capitalism to be superseded by plutocracy, which is in fact happening right now anyway despite, or probably because of, all your big government. Modern so-called right libertarians are basically providing a fan base for the exploitation of the individual by the corporate. They are the enemies of liberty, not its champions.

You are possibly attempting to argue something with someone maybe closer to your position than afar.

I am for small business, individual business owners, coming to terms with other individuals, without the interference of anyone but the two. I am no more for a plutocracy than an anarcho-communist might be. Probably less. With big government and the laws it passes, it gives material advantage to mostly the big big boys, so the latter is really only old fashioned cronyism. I am saying that common business man, not magnate, work in conjunction with common working man.

We have had examples of anarcho-communism, way back in prehistoric cave man times. We evolved, we, very few of us anyhow, wanted/want that. I think there are still a few peoples spread across the globe and we should let them keep that way of life if they want. I certainly don't want that.

And there was, we had pretty much, as much as is potentially possible, had laissez faire in what was known as the American Gilded Age. We prospered and became the most inventive prosperous people on the face of the planet in a very short time, more inventions, more business, more efficiencies, more people brought into the middle class... you mean like that kind of pointing put pf the success of free markets? That since most of the world is becoming more and more, closer and closer to this style of economy that the dirt eating poor are diminishing with astonishing rapidity, the middle class worldwide is expanding at an almost exponential rate...you mean like that? China has more middle class than the United States, like 300 million, we only have 310+ million people total... know what I mean?

Last edited:

well, aint life great...love it...and watch out for the bad bad moderators everywhere Preibus... maybe even here. Have a good one.

careful Gaugin ... badmouthing moderators is a no-no ... read the rules ... if you have something to say to them, send them a private message ... (BTW, I already had a good one ... hell, it was a great one! But thanks anyway.)

Well I find this pretty funny but others might not see the humor ...it seems that lastest the news regarding this is:

Fox May Produce Hillary Clinton Miniseries, New York Times Reports

Fox Television Studios may produce the GOP-loathed Hillary Clinton miniseries, The New York Times reports.

NBC's plan to air a miniseries focused on Clinton has received major backlash from the GOP and from network journalists. NBC News White House correspondent Chuck Todd declared Thursday, "This miniseries is a total nightmare for NBC News."

Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus threatened Monday not partner with the network if it goes through with its plan.

Fox Television Studios spokesman Leslie Oren told the Times that while no deal is in place, NBC is in early discussions to have Fox studios produce and distribute the film internationally.

Fox May Produce Hillary Clinton Miniseries, New York Times Reports

Back
Top Bottom