• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....[W:131, 211]

Re: Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....

Yeah, but the point is that Republicans wanted the fairness doctrine gone, and they wanted Citizens United....now it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

How so?.....when they actually have the money to fund a hundred to one as opposed to what the left can come up with.....that all important money.

Yeah, but the point is that Republicans wanted the fairness doctrine gone, and they wanted Citizens United....now it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

It is an impossible utopian dream... who determines... where do you stop... you give everybody that has an opinion equal time, everyone has a right and the stations must air all those thoughts? This way is certainly not perfect, but works better than something that cannot even begin to work.

The simple solution is that CNN and NBC can air it IF they do so before Clinton declares her candidacy. There are no rules that dissallow a "mini-series" be done on a NON-Candidate.

I remember many many on the right that said, it's not the fault of companies that use legal loopholes for taxes, blame the legislators that allow those loopholes to exist. On that regard, they should follow the same advice and not blame NBC or CNN for using a loophole that is allowed.

Heya TNE. :2wave: Well here is another reason why Preibus is feeling his Oats. As House Repubs have sent out their Booklet with Washington being the talking Point and being that Democrat-run town.

House GOP plans anti-Washington push in August
House Republicans will campaign against Washington this summer, promoting accomplishments.

0d6575e831f9941a390f6a706700a6a9_original.jpg

House Republicans will take a carefully orchestrated, staunchly anti-Washington campaign to voters this month, blaming President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats for Americans' unhappiness with government.

"Every day I serve in Congress, I work to fight Washington," says a suggested op-ed in a richly detailed "planning kit" distributed to all 234 House Republicans ahead of the August recess.

Running against Washington is an old strategy. Ronald Reagan summarized it only minutes after being sworn in as president in January 1981. "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem," he told the country. "Government is the problem." .....snip~

That's what the line should be. Until she announces, she's a recent historical figure of some interest, but not a candidate. It comes down to they don't like Hillary. Fair enough, but that doesn't mean it should be banned.

Correct. I don't like it, but then there are lots of legal things I don't like so not much anyone can do about it.

The one interesting thing though that I don't know is if the RNC would get in any trouble if they follow through with their threat.

Heya TNE. :2wave: Well here is another reason why Preibus is feeling his Oats. As House Repubs have sent out their Booklet with Washington being the talking Point and being that Democrat-run town.

House Republicans will campaign against Washington this summer, promoting accomplishments.

House Republicans will take a carefully orchestrated, staunchly anti-Washington campaign to voters this month, blaming President Barack Obama and his fellow Democrats for Americans' unhappiness with government.

"Every day I serve in Congress, I work to fight Washington," says a suggested op-ed in a richly detailed "planning kit" distributed to all 234 House Republicans ahead of the August recess.

Running against Washington is an old strategy. Ronald Reagan summarized it only minutes after being sworn in as president in January 1981. "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem," he told the country. "Government is the problem." .....snip~

If the Republicans don't watch it though, this will backfire on them since THEY are in charge of the House and in charge of the pursestrings to many "pork" items. Kinda hard to protest Washington D.C. when they are a big problem of it.

I'm not a Dem fan by any means, but that doesn't mean the GOP is squeaky clean in all this Washington mess.

If the Republicans don't watch it though, this will backfire on them since THEY are in charge of the House and in charge of the pursestrings to many "pork" items. Kinda hard to protest Washington D.C. when they are a big problem of it.

Maybe Priebus is looking at Cable or Setting up Specials. I am sure Radio is part of the play too.

Maybe Priebus is looking at Cable or Setting up Specials. I am sure Radio is part of the play too.

I'm sure he is, but I really think it will backfire on him, especially on a sound bite.

In all seriousness, how can he protest Washington, when his side controls the House where the pursestrings are attached to and has done nothing to stand up and instead given in to more spending?

What happened to free speech?

God people are horrible with this...

This has zero to do with free speech. It's a private entity (the RNC) protesting and threatening a boycott of another private entity (NBC and CNN) in response to something they plan to broadcast.

The government is not involved in denying people the ability to speak in any such way.

NBC and CNN are COMPLETELY free to broadcast the movie/documentary. And the RNC is COMPLETELY free to protest the networks thru boycott.

There is no freedom to not have consequences to your words on a private letter.

This is no more a "Free speech" issue then GLAAD protesting Chick-Fil-A unless it changed it's donations, an editor being fired for an anti-obama headline, or country stations refusing to play the Dixie Chicks.

How so?.....when they actually have the money to fund a hundred to one as opposed to what the left can come up with.....that all important money.

Money is not a problem for the Republican party. Trust me on that one.

It's coming back on them because the Democrats are using CU and the repeal of the fairness doctrine to their advantage. I don't know if they actually thought that the Democrats wouldn't figure it out or what, but they seem unprepared for the consequences.

Maybe he is. Watch for it on Fox, or a conservative leaning local outlet. Radio probably is part of the play. Conservatives dominate talk radio.

What happened to free speech?
Priebus must really be worried about his party and scared of Hillary.
The GOP should air a biography about one of their potential candidates or two or three because as it stands now, no Republican is going to be President.

This was exactly my position when I saw this story yesterday - "Really RNC Chairman? Your party preaches freedom of speech especially in the wake of the Charlie Rosen media scandal that was all over FoxNews recently, and now you're trying to bully two major news networks from airing a mini series/documentary?".

I get his point - the series will be about the presumptive Democratic presidential candidate for 2016, but that still 2-3 yrs away. Is he that afraid Hillary will win?

Who is angry?

Just making the logical conclusions from the data provided. So, you think Obama called Benghazi terrorism... which, relying almost totally on one's particular political bias, one could say he did and others can say he definitely did not. Be that as it may, Hurricane Candy had absolutely no business jumping into the debate, on the side of your guy showing her clear bias. Had they been allowed to joust a bit on the topic I am pretty sure we would know a lot more about what the president was doing all those hours while our guys were dying in Benghazi [ now almost a year later and we still have not a clue ], we would probably know quite a bit more about what all these 35 CIA people were doing in that annex [ what is Obama and Hillary keeping from us, huh?] and the election might have gone a little bit closer to as it should have.

Does not mean Romney would have won, but would have given the voters more of the truth with which to make a valid decision. If you do not agree, you are too deep into the bias and are a part of the problem that Priebus MUST do his best to fight against.

Romney repeated lied but couldn't lie about these remarks:
Romney told donors that 47 percent of voters would chose Obama “no matter what” because they are people “who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. … These are people who pay no income tax.

“My job is not to worry about those people,” Romney said. “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

It is the President's job to care for all Americans.

I'm sure he is, but I really think it will backfire on him, especially on a sound bite.

In all seriousness, how can he protest Washington, when his side controls the House where the pursestrings are attached to and has done nothing to stand up and instead given in to more spending?

Simple.....Obamacare and all those hidden extras that everybody keeps finding out about. Then Regulations the Democrats have come up with.

Go out amongst the people like Reagan did.

Money is not a problem for the Republican party. Trust me on that one.

It's coming back on them because the Democrats are using CU and the repeal of the fairness doctrine to their advantage. I don't know if they actually thought that the Democrats wouldn't figure it out or what, but they seem unprepared for the consequences.

Well that's what I meant.....that the Republicans had the money and for every one CU. There can be a hundred with money to Run against the likes of CU and anything else the Democrats come up with.

Maybe he is. Watch for it on Fox, or a conservative leaning local outlet. Radio probably is part of the play. Conservatives dominate talk radio.

Hope he isn't looking at Pay Per View.....as that wont work. Well already the Radio Jocks are up on going after those in the MSMedia that want to throw their little tissues into the mix. Which IMO should have been happening a long time ago.

Should be taking place against any. As the MSMedia needs to get off that mentality......that their **** don't stink and that they can do whatever they want. Or write whatever they want.

God people are horrible with this...

This has zero to do with free speech. It's a private entity (the RNC) protesting and threatening a boycott of another private entity (NBC and CNN) in response to something they plan to broadcast.

The government is not involved in denying people the ability to speak in any such way.

NBC and CNN are COMPLETELY free to broadcast the movie/documentary. And the RNC is COMPLETELY free to protest the networks thru boycott.

There is no freedom to not have consequences to your words on a private letter.

This is no more a "Free speech" issue then GLAAD protesting Chick-Fil-A unless it changed it's donations, an editor being fired for an anti-obama headline, or country stations refusing to play the Dixie Chicks.

Reince Priebus is threating freedom of the press by demanding that CNN and NBC abandon their Clinton projects or else he will exclude them from co-sponsoring the presidential debates in the 2016 cycle.
He's also being especially aggressive, saying he intends to hold a "binding vote" at the RNC's summer meeting, blocking NBC and CNN from partnering on party sanctioned debates. In fact, the RNC went on to say presidential candidates would be "punished" -- how, we don't know -- if they agreed to participate in debates aired by the networks.

Maybe Hillary should just promise an exclusive first interview after she wins the election? That would get more ratings than a primary

Reince Priebus is threating freedom of the press by demanding that CNN and NBC abandon their Clinton projects or else he will exclude them from co-sponsoring the presidential debates in the 2016 cycle.
He's also being especially aggressive, saying he intends to hold a "binding vote" at the RNC's summer meeting, blocking NBC and CNN from partnering on party sanctioned debates. In fact, the RNC went on to say presidential candidates would be "punished" -- how, we don't know -- if they agreed to participate in debates aired by the networks.

That would be the Networks would be punished. Not the Presidential Candidates. Moreover it isn't Freedom of the Press if they are running a Platform from the media source.

A few things that you get HORRIBLY wrong here.

1) Reince Priebus can't threaten the "Freedom of the Press". Priebus isn't a governmental entity. The RNC isn't a governmental entity. He is threatening the "Freedom of the Press" for those stations as much as Bill Maher was threatening the "Freedom of the Press" for pushing people to Boycott Rush Limbaugh.

2) There is no threatening regarding the PRESIDENTIAL debates, Priebus has no real chance of doing that. The threat is regarding the REPUBLICAN PRIMARIES. There is no inherent right on the part of CNN or NBC to be able to sponsor one of the Republican primary debates and to broadcast it. As two private entities they absolutely can engage in such activities without anyones "rights" being violated.

3) Boycott's of channels by political parties AND political candidates is hardly a new thing. Just looking back to 2008 you had a state DNC group boycott Fox News after being upset with the comments of it's owners, and you had Barack Obama boycott a debate hosted by Fox because he didn't like the coverage they had of him. In neither case was anyones "Freedom of the Press" being infringed.

As to being aggressive...so what? Being aggressive has zero to do with whether or not someones "freedom of speech" or "Freedom of the press" is being infringed upon. If you want to say you dislike that he's doing this or that he's being bullheaded, be my guess. I'm not taking issue with such thoughts...I'm taking issue with the notion that this is somehow a rights violation.

Romney repeated lied but couldn't lie about these remarks:
Romney told donors that 47 percent of voters would chose Obama “no matter what” because they are people “who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. … These are people who pay no income tax.

“My job is not to worry about those people,” Romney said. “I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

It is the President's job to care for all Americans.

And so did Obama with his "you didn't build that" speech. Difference is the press explained away and ran cover for Obama speech as the demonized Romneys

Maybe Hillary should just promise an exclusive first interview after she wins the election? That would get more ratings than a primary
Hillary wont be running for the president after the truth about Benghazi is finally exposed

And so did Obama with his "you didn't build that" speech. Difference is the press explained away and ran cover for Obama speech as the demonized Romneys

Not all press. A lot of the media reported Obama's "you didn't build that," out of context and ran with it. And the more gullible among us opened wide and swallowed the propaganda hook, line and sinker too.

Hillary wont be running for the president after the truth about Benghazi is finally exposed

You really think after all the scandal the Clinton's have been through that the Benghazi thing will deter her political aspirations?

The reality is, this Benghazi thing, although very important to the FOX type crowd, is just some headlines in some old newspaper to most of America.

You really think after all the scandal the Clinton's have been through that the Benghazi thing will deter her political aspirations?

The reality is, this Benghazi thing, although very important to the FOX type crowd, is just some headlines in some old newspaper to most of America.

I liked that because it is dead on. Not to mention it's three years til the next presidential election with midterms in between. There are so many other scandals that will come to light in that time.

Back
Top Bottom