• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....[W:131, 211]

Re: Republicans want NBC, CNN to pull Clinton Programs.....

Though on first look I thought it was a bad idea, now I applaud Priebus. It is about time Republicans took on a very biased media. If they are not going to play fair, and they are not... we take our ball and go home. These extended commercials are not, remotely, going to attempt to tell a down and dirty real truth about Hillary... the woman sat in front of committee and straight out lied and dodged, in admittedly a very cunning requiring intelligence fashion, about the debacle that we, the American people, still do not have the truth on in Benghazi.

That in and of itself would/should disqualify her to hold any office in our Federal government ever again. And yet she, through the contortions and gymnastics of a media in the tank for liberals, is considered a front runner for the position of Democrat Party nominee for president. We see this over and over. GOP/Tea Party bad, DNC/liberal left good. If the game is not going to be played fair, and one considers their party to be an honorable party, why participate in a sham where all the refs are only calling fouls on your team? Just does not comport with common sense, prudence and has not proven pragmatic.

Gotta stand up to this evil, so go for it, Reince.

Heya GC. :2wave: I can understand what you are saying. But to threaten the MSM.....not a smart move. They can frame it just like they did to Preibus. Which is then you would be doing a disservice to the American people.

In which the way Media would only know, was if the American people decided not to tune in. Other than those that were the followers of the poor and greedy. Erm, uhm I mean the Poor and Needy. :lol:

I think we need to go back to Equal and Fair Use laws. (I think they're gone . . . they must be or this wouldn't be allowed.)

They are gone....at the behest of the Republican Party. Just like Citizen's United, once the Democrats figured out how to use it to their advantage they don't like it so much anymore.

Romney was asked repeatedly what cuts he would make in his budget. Not once did he give an answer.
Perry was asked what three things he would cut if he were elected President. He couldn't remember.
Want to talk about the insurance question?

Well Obama didn't answer much at all either LB.....just sayin. Did lot of stuttering, didn't have any type of plans. Has had to renig now on promises he made. So that's Old Water under the bridge. Which IMO the MSMedia knows the Democrats don't have anyone they could run and win. So they are trying to push Hillary to run.

Course then we know he didn't want that 911 issue and the Benghazi issue brought up.....myself I would have lambasted him Right then and there. Letting him stutter some more. ;)

Mebbe they don't know that Price that Hillary paid yet. :)

Heya GC. :2wave: I can understand what you are saying. But to threaten the MSM.....not a smart move. They can frame it just like they did to Preibus. Which is then you would be doing a disservice to the American people.

In which the way Media would only know, was if the American people decided not to tune in. Other than those that were the followers of the poor and greedy. Erm, uhm I mean the Poor and Needy. :lol:

Hey MMC, :peace

I understand your point, but all life is a risk...and I do not want to be a member of the weaker party, the one that always just takes it, does not stand up for what is right. We watched how they controlled the manner in which Americans viewed the election and candidates, how they tried to paint we Tea Party types as racists, the GOP and TP controlled by the ubiquitous Koch bros, how the flailing failing economy was pretty much ignored, the Benghazi thing actively hidden by the Owe bama admin and their cohorts in the currently dominate media... we will never win under that system and if we are not going to win, might as well swing away, punch twice as hard in return when they punch us, make it hurt and at least going down fighting... its the American way.

I am tired of going with their game, we need to play to win instead. Think they are going to allow us to do that? So, like Reagan did, go around them to the American people... who needs MSLSD types anyhow?

And Americans in greater and greater numbers are doing just that, not tuning in, not reading the propaganda of leftist journals like the NYTimes and the LATimes...viewership and readerships have been headed down. Many know they are not getting the real unbiased truth, they are getting the liberal script...and people are going out looking for their own information more and more. Our side needs to be on the front end of that trend...mainstream needs us more than we need them...without us, their guys are just sitting cross legged in a circle singing kumbaya ... boring....:lol:

What happened to free speech?
Priebus must really be worried about his party and scared of Hillary.
The GOP should air a biography about one of their potential candidates or two or three because as it stands now, no Republican is going to be President.

You mean like the Democrat party [ CNN and NBC bbviously being their spokepeople now ]... when you decline to speak at somebody else's event, that is not anti-first amendment, that is us choosing who we do and who we do not want to assemble with...

Priebus is hardly afraid of Hillary, she is a sham... he is afraid your side with the active help of the biased and dominate media making her appear a walking on water saint... she aint no saint.

They are gone....at the behest of the Republican Party. Just like Citizen's United, once the Democrats figured out how to use it to their advantage they don't like it so much anymore.

Heya Rockett......Big difference in using Commericals and coming out with a Documentary and a Mini Series tho. Wouldn't you say? No need for either of them to go beyond the commercial thingy.

Priebus is trying to dictate with his empty threats, but as usual, he will get no where.

Greetings, lolabird. :2wave:

I didn't see that as a threat--rather more like a statement of fact. The networks can still air, or not air, anything they like. The decision is still theirs. I find it interesting that you see it the way you do. :eek:

Then it's not a 1st Amendment issue.

I believe the First Amendment rights will be won.

You mean like the Democrat party [ CNN and NBC bbviously being their spokepeople now ]... when you decline to speak at somebody else's event, that is not anti-first amendment, that is us choosing who we do and who we do not want to assemble with...

Priebus is hardly afraid of Hillary, she is a sham... he is afraid your side with the active help of the biased and dominate media making her appear a walking on water saint... she aint no saint.

Priebus is trying to bully the networks into doing his will; won't happen.
Obviously he is afraid of Hillary if he thinks people will perceive her as walking on water.

Well Obama didn't answer much at all either LB.....just sayin. Did lot of stuttering, didn't have any type of plans. Has had to renig now on promises he made. So that's Old Water under the bridge. Which IMO the MSMedia knows the Democrats don't have anyone they could run and win. So they are trying to push Hillary to run.

Course then we know he didn't want that 911 issue and the Benghazi issue brought up.....myself I would have lambasted him Right then and there. Letting him stutter some more. ;)

Mebbe they don't know that Price that Hillary paid yet. :)

Romney did blast our President when he said Obama didn't call Benghazi terrorism.
But au contraire, this is what our President said: — Obama, Rose Garden, Sept. 12

“We want to send a message all around the world — anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America.”

Romney said he would give tax credits to the middle class “But when he's asked, how are you going to do it, which deductions, which loopholes are you going to close, he can't tell you,” Obama said. “Now, Gov. Romney was a very successful investor. If somebody came to you, governor, with a plan that said, here: I want to spend 7 [trillion dollars] or $8 trillion, and then we're going to pay for it, but we can't tell you until maybe after the election how we're going to do it, you wouldn't have taken such a sketchy deal.”

Greetings, lolabird. :2wave:

I didn't see that as a threat--rather more like a statement of fact. The networks can still air, or not air, anything they like. The decision is still theirs. I find it interesting that you see it the way you do. :eek:

I suppose it's how you define a threat. Priebus told the CNN and NBC that if they aired the Hillary specials, he would he would exclude them from co-sponsoring debates in the 2016 cycle. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck making threats.

The simple solution is that CNN and NBC can air it IF they do so before Clinton declares her candidacy. There are no rules that dissallow a "mini-series" be done on a NON-Candidate.

I remember many many on the right that said, it's not the fault of companies that use legal loopholes for taxes, blame the legislators that allow those loopholes to exist. On that regard, they should follow the same advice and not blame NBC or CNN for using a loophole that is allowed.

Priebus is trying to bully the networks into doing his will; won't happen.
Obviously he is afraid of Hillary if he thinks people will perceive her as walking on water.

He is obviating future bullying by them, acknowledging the flagrant and unapologetic improprieties they have already committed... so is finally playing it smarter. You folks will believe anything... Hope and change, give me a break, how lame was that?

In smoothed over braille?

I'm not the only person who watched all the debates; therefore, why take your anger out on me?

He is obviating future bullying by them, acknowledging the flagrant and unapologetic improprieties they have already committed... so is finally playing it smarter. You folks will believe anything... Hope and change, give me a break, how lame was that?

Watched Fox News lately?

Heya Rockett......Big difference in using Commericals and coming out with a Documentary and a Mini Series tho. Wouldn't you say? No need for either of them to go beyond the commercial thingy.

Yeah, but the point is that Republicans wanted the fairness doctrine gone, and they wanted Citizens United....now it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

I'm not the only person who watched all the debates; therefore, why take your anger out on me?

Who is angry?

Just making the logical conclusions from the data provided. So, you think Obama called Benghazi terrorism... which, relying almost totally on one's particular political bias, one could say he did and others can say he definitely did not. Be that as it may, Hurricane Candy had absolutely no business jumping into the debate, on the side of your guy showing her clear bias. Had they been allowed to joust a bit on the topic I am pretty sure we would know a lot more about what the president was doing all those hours while our guys were dying in Benghazi [ now almost a year later and we still have not a clue ], we would probably know quite a bit more about what all these 35 CIA people were doing in that annex [ what is Obama and Hillary keeping from us, huh?] and the election might have gone a little bit closer to as it should have.

Does not mean Romney would have won, but would have given the voters more of the truth with which to make a valid decision. If you do not agree, you are too deep into the bias and are a part of the problem that Priebus MUST do his best to fight against.

I suppose it's how you define a threat. Priebus told the CNN and NBC that if they aired the Hillary specials, he would he would exclude them from co-sponsoring debates in the 2016 cycle. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be a duck making threats.

I guess it will be up to the networks involved to decide what they will do. Fortunately, there are other networks to watch, no matter what the final decision might be. :peace:

The simple solution is that CNN and NBC can air it IF they do so before Clinton declares her candidacy. There are no rules that dissallow a "mini-series" be done on a NON-Candidate.

That's what the line should be. Until she announces, she's a recent historical figure of some interest, but not a candidate. It comes down to they don't like Hillary. Fair enough, but that doesn't mean it should be banned.

Romney did blast our President when he said Obama didn't call Benghazi terrorism.
But au contraire, this is what our President said: — Obama, Rose Garden, Sept. 12

“We want to send a message all around the world — anybody who would do us harm: No act of terror will dim the light of the values that we proudly shine on the rest of the world, and no act of violence will shake the resolve of the United States of America.”

Romney said he would give tax credits to the middle class “But when he's asked, how are you going to do it, which deductions, which loopholes are you going to close, he can't tell you,” Obama said. “Now, Gov. Romney was a very successful investor. If somebody came to you, governor, with a plan that said, here: I want to spend 7 [trillion dollars] or $8 trillion, and then we're going to pay for it, but we can't tell you until maybe after the election how we're going to do it, you wouldn't have taken such a sketchy deal.”

Yes no act of terror he said......Which was him not using the Word Terrorism. Or admitting that we just got hit On 911 under his watch. Nor the fact that he had dropped the Ball on 911 and missed that 3 am phone call. He actually for the next two weeks refused to state that it was an Act of Terrorism until he finally admitted such at the End of Aug. After more than 2 weeks and Hillary coming out and stating it was act of terrorism.

He should have stuck around rather than fly out west coast to go and party. But you know how it is.....His Campaign was more Important than the Country.

So actually he wasn't taken on by Romney over the matter at all.

Watched Fox News lately?

Sorry, disconnected my cable service over 10 years ago...didn't want media to direct my opinoins...I go out and look for the information I think is pertinent, look at many sides, many arguments. Its one of the reasons I debate here, if someone has a better argument than I, makes me reconsider, requires me to either change or find better arguments.

Why, have you been watching Fox lately have you?

Back
Top Bottom